Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to love these guys, especially the white and black ninjas!

Sweet Star Wars figs too. I'm starting to get the vintage SW itch again myself.

Lately I've been in a mega Thundercat mood. Here's a shot of my miniatures:

TCminis.jpg

wow those are awesome thundercat mini figs i remember seeing those when i was little. i never gave those the time of day cause i was too focused on getting the bigger ones.

Nice! I had a bunch of those as a kid. Loved how Hagar had her cat sculpted to her arm!

Here's another shot of my TC miniatures that shows them a little better. Its scary that for the most part the paint apps. on these are cleaner than the new Bandai 'Cats I saw the other day.

miniTCs.jpg

Mumm-Ra looks pretty badass... a bit like a gorilla, but cool nonetheless. And you're right the paint on them is very good considering the size and age.

Update to the vintage desk.

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

I need to get another 2 stair setups for the rest and a dozen or so figures, to fill open spots and to replace beat up stand ins from when i was kid.

I also want to get last few MOC R2-d2s. I got all the sensor scope versions and 12 back (not shown) so I just need the ESB, POTF and tri logo pop up lightsaber version.

Thanks, I am kinda looking for a enclosed cabinet that will fit those steps.

Just a random question here guys but do you think the 80's era of vintage cartoons was really that great or is it just because we have those found memories of growing up with this nostalgic stuff.

I have this debate with my wife about cartoons and music and her take of the argument is always that "we grew up in that era therefore it's bias that we think it was the best era for these types of subects"

I disagree btw, I really don't think that today's generation doesn't have the same opportunity of characters that we had to choose or be entertained from being a 80's kid.

Ski, are you talking about the cartoons specifically, or the era in general?

I definitely think the era itself was a landmark time period for the toy industry/collecting. I mean, otherwise we wouldn't STILL have Transformers, GI Joe, He-Man, Thundercats, etc coming out. And SW pretty much fits in that category, as well.

As far as cartoons go, some of them were pretty awful, but some hold up and are still enjoyable to me in my adult years. GI Joe and Transformers are watchable (especially the first two GI Joe miniseries, and to a somewhat lesser extent the first and second GI Joe seasons, and TF prior to and including the movie). MOTU and Thundercats, however, I find to be very difficult to watch...

So FINALLY we're getting our basement done. Hopefully I'll be able to put up some of my vintage stuff when we're all done! :)

Great looking vintage SW spread, Mfoga! :clap Tiers or risers are possibly the best way to display smaller figures like those!

Great looking vintage SW spread, Mfoga! :clap Tiers or risers are possibly the best way to display smaller figures like those!

Yeah, where did you get those? They do look great.

I keep my eyes open for risers but I have no idea where to buy them...

Does anyone know of a place to get vintage figure cases to display a bunch ?

I was hoping for something similar to this one :

jk24ctsb.jpg

But my dealer went out of business.

Any help is appreciated.

IMG_0111.jpg

Man there's just always been something special about collections that focus on only ANH and ESB. I know you've got the other shelf with ROTJ but I like seeing the first two movies represented together like you have above.

I love all the movies for various reasons, PT included, but there's just something about 1977-1982, before there was ANYTHING lame about SW on any level.

I know the Holiday Special existed in that timeframe but even then I don't think anyone really considered it "canon" or anything. Just a one-off goof special.

Back