Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And 90's! :lecture

2536580.jpg

:yuck ;)

I almost hate myself for buying any of those 90's figures... no, actually i do hate myself for it. What a waste of time and money... what were we all thinking???

M.
Honestly, at the time, I liked them a lot. I was never a hardcore Star Wars collector, so I didn't go beyond the first few waves, but I thought they were pretty great updates, and despite their flaws, felt like better quality toys than the Toy Biz Marvel junk I was also collecting at the time.

On a related note, anyone else read this before? I think it's a pretty damn enjoyable read:

https://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0883/

I almost hate myself for buying any of those 90's figures... no, actually i do hate myself for it. What a waste of time and money... what were we all thinking???

M.

it's all we had :(

We had no choice ... We wanted it so bad.

I fell victim to this line too. Took a bath when I sold it all back on eBay. Not as bad as money I lost on McFarlane stuff. Both took a lot of my hard earned money in the late 90's. :banghead

:lol Yeah, while nostalgia pulls me towards the bubble style case I think I prefer the yellow, which matches the yellow used on the back of SW cards to display the entire collection circa ROTJ, more. It looks super clean, and not as tacky.

I have around five new figures coming in a week or so! Down to 25...

I really like the yellow one! Saw sombody who had there SW guys on yellow shelves once and looked just like a vintage cardback. If I ever wind up being a completist I may have to look into those.

Back