Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need some help guys... Does anyone remember some Lego-like sets that were western buildings like a saloon or jail? The windows even had bullet holes in them. I've tried and tried to remember who made them and what the line was called. :banghead

Need some help guys... Does anyone remember some Lego-like sets that were western buildings like a saloon or jail? The windows even had bullet holes in them. I've tried and tried to remember who made them and what the line was called. :banghead

Total shot in the dark, here (see: no bullet holes in the windows)...Playmobil?

box-front-full.jpg

Thanks! I just used wood & wrapped it with sparkle black foam sheets.

-Zoid

Mmmmm... shiny :drool

Its funny as a kid I would often see the bull figure in thrift stores and yard sales, but didn't remember he was from the Silverhawks line.

Sadly I only have Monstar and Buzz Saw; but one day I'll have to pick up some more of these.

BTW Zoid, what are you using for risers? Looks pretty good for getting different levels.

I had a building set like that where you built the building specifically to blow them up. Loved that stuff though I don't remember the name.

Speaking of Big Jim, Im a huge fan and collector of Big Jim. Some pics of my collection. I have a many more in storage, running low on space. Big Jim was before my time, but he was still on sale in the mid 1980s in Europe. Saw some figures on a childhood trip to Italy and I was hooked. The box art is PHENOMINAL!!! And the figs are not to bad also.
Sorry about the dust...Love this thread btw

wow..................that's an awesome big jim collection..........& wolfpack........& 2 wp campers...& 2 lazer vettes...:horror..............:rock

Since were asking questions... anyone remember the series of small games that usually involved building an item before a timer ran out? Specifically I had a game where you attempted to assemble a green egg around a dinosaur, and if you took to long he'd pop-up and break apart your work.

Speaking of Big Jim, Im a huge fan and collector of Big Jim. Some pics of my collection. I have a many more in storage, running low on space. Big Jim was before my time, but he was still on sale in the mid 1980s in Europe. Saw some figures on a childhood trip to Italy and I was hooked. The box art is PHENOMINAL!!! And the figs are not to bad also.
Sorry about the dust...Love this thread btw

Ok I hate you... :mad:

Just kidding Pred. That is an awesome collection. Congrats. Wonderful pieces.

A little before my time, but that would be Bulletman!

Funny thing is, technically, he's a G.I. Joe! Long story (One worth reading about in GI Joe: The Complete Story of America's Favorite Man of Action).

Funnily enough, the other guy you're thinking of is probably Mike Power: The Atomic Man, another later Joe!

That's them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I need to track them down. Possible you think ?

I really want to set up a shelf with toys from my past and these are just a few. Thanks for enduring my questions guys.

Total shot in the dark, here (see: no bullet holes in the windows)...Playmobil?

box-front-full.jpg

I had a bunch of the King Arthur sets. I loved them.

Since were asking questions... anyone remember the series of small games that usually involved building an item before a timer ran out? Specifically I had a game where you attempted to assemble a green egg around a dinosaur, and if you took to long he'd pop-up and break apart your work.

Was it a small windup game? I'm pretty sure Tomy had a pocket game line that had a game like what you're talking about. Tomy's stuff from the 80's was awesome. I'm about to throw this up on the bay. I had it as a kid. Still REALLY hard.

DSC00537.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

great game sarge............reminds me of the game "mousetrap"....:lol

Yeah, Tomy sounds right... but using it in a search hasn't brought it up yet. But it was a series of small games, and usually there was a wind-up feature to them.

The Pop-up Pirate game seems to be the closest match, just not finding the specific one.

That's whenever it was cool to slime everything during that era, little that everyone knew it left some residue and if it ever dried up between joints it left some nasty ____ there behind :lol

I loved the toy regardless though.

Was it a small windup game? I'm pretty sure Tomy had a pocket game line that had a game like what you're talking about. Tomy's stuff from the 80's was awesome. I'm about to throw this up on the bay. I had it as a kid. Still REALLY hard.

DSC00537.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

Holy crap! I used to have that! Except mine was called Run Yourself Ragged.

Last edited:
That's whenever it was cool to slime everything during that era, little that everyone knew it left some residue and if it ever dried up between joints it left some nasty ____ there behind :lol

I loved the toy regardless though.

Slime was the ____ when I was a kid... that pit was the bees knees back then. But a good ploy by Mattel to make a playset that would ruin the other toys you put in it :lol

And speaking of slime, how about Mad Scientist toys like Dissect and Alien!!! :rock

DAAboxfront.JPG

:drool That's fantastic! Where did you find them?

Got most of them on ebay over the past 8 to 10 years and from private collectors in Europe.

wow..................that's an awesome big jim collection..........& wolfpack........& 2 wp campers...& 2 lazer vettes...:horror..............:rock

Thanks for the kind words, if i didnt really love this line, i would have given up a long time ago looking for all the variant boxes. Just need a few rare MIB figures, but lately Hot Toys has been taking my collecting dollars :)

Slime was the ____ when I was a kid... that pit was the bees knees back then. But a good ploy by Mattel to make a playset that would ruin the other toys you put in it :lol

And speaking of slime, how about Mad Scientist toys like Dissect and Alien!!! :rock

DAAboxfront.JPG

I had a bunch of these sets, too. I remember a set with monster/alien skeletons that u could cover with a "clay" and dissolve the "skin" in a tank of solution. Fondly remember diggn in that tank for all the bits that got lost in the bottom :monkey2

Back