Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys remember the 12" figure that had a thing on his back that when you pumped it it was like blood pumping through his system ?

Nice one guys.

Yea this is him !

77p1.jpg

I remember having him and the bad guy when I was a kid.

Is he hard to come by in decent shape ?

Big Jim was a bit before my time, but still some pretty cool figures. An interesting action feature having the biceps actually bulge.

There are a few up on ebay:
https://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=mattel+pulsar&_sacat=See-All-Categories#item19c36cfd57

And I LOVED Big Jim! I was very young at their peak, but I remember my older cousins had practically every single one and all the playsets, including a kick-ass camper!

Thanks bro. I am watching two of them right now. :)

I hope I can find some Big Jim pieces. i was only around 5/6 when they hit I think, so I know I lost the pieces ASAP ! LOL. I had whip for sure. Need to try ad get these back.

Ok, there was another guy like pulsar that had something going on in his arm I think ?

Any chance you're thinking of the Six Million Dollar Man? Some versions of him had robotic arm parts, and the series was in a similar scale to Pulsar.

Hey man... if you don't know Pulsar I have no expectations of what you're aware of :lol :nana:

Is the figure you're thinking of a 12" or smaller scale? I can think of quite a few figures with odd arms.

Hey man... if you don't know Pulsar I have no expectations of what you're aware of :lol :nana:

Is the figure you're thinking of a 12" or smaller scale? I can think of quite a few figures with odd arms.

I know Pulsar, just forgot his name. :)

No it was 12/13" the one I am thinking of now. Different from Pulsar but similar. Any ideas ?

Speaking of Big Jim, Im a huge fan and collector of Big Jim. Some pics of my collection. I have a many more in storage, running low on space. Big Jim was before my time, but he was still on sale in the mid 1980s in Europe. Saw some figures on a childhood trip to Italy and I was hooked. The box art is PHENOMINAL!!! And the figs are not to bad also.
Sorry about the dust...Love this thread btw

Back