VIDEO TUTORIALS: All Hot Toys Darth Vader Modifications step-by-step

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today, took my modding help to the next level:

DSCN0987.JPG

For those curious, I am repainting the helmet on mine, using a couple things as a reference:

Vader-Line-Drawing-Sample-ANH-1.jpg
And a Hurricane Vader head:

DSCN0988.JPG

His paint is a little heavy on the silvery/grey parts, but it's been incredibly helpful.

So question for anyone who has done some electrical mods. I've been having trouble working with the negative plates. They seem to be very resistant to soldering. That and heat the plate melts the plastic of the figure around it.

Edit: I guess I never asked a question... What might be wrong?

VERY COOL STUFF MATT!!!

So question for anyone who has done some electrical mods. I've been having trouble working with the negative plates. They seem to be very resistant to soldering. That and heat the plate melts the plastic of the figure around it.

Edit: I guess I never asked a question... What might be wrong?

Just push the plates a bit out of the way and wedge your pre soldered wire between the plate and the plastic. Then just a quick touch of solder at the top of the plate and it won't go anywhere.

I took the helmet apart and put the bare metal foil behind the eyes. I didn't have the balls to attempt the nose plug mod. Today I lowered the dome on the helmet.
IMG_8669.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why the need for the nose plug mod? Is it to move it back in the mask?

Yes, HT chose not to sculpt the nose for some reason and it's physically a separate piece. And it should sit back inside the mask a tad. But to get to it, you have to drill from the inside just under the eye area.

Back