VIDEO TUTORIALS: All Hot Toys Darth Vader Modifications step-by-step

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazzInc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here is my step-by step-tutorial on all Hot Toys Darth Vader mods. Part 1: Helmet and Shoulder Armour. Next step: Electronics, that video will be up later this week.

There's a full shopping list of everything I used for this video in the description below the video on youtube if you want to try any of this yourself.

Pretty interesting video. More than I am willing to try on my Vader for fear of destroying him but it's an interesting viewing....Looking forward to the next installment in the series.

Pretty interesting video. More than I am willing to try on my Vader for fear of destroying him but it's an interesting viewing....Looking forward to the next installment in the series.

Thanks!! And your wish is granted. My next video just went live:

I wouldn't have the balls to try 80% of those mods. :lol

You make them look so simple though, which to you, I'm certain they are. Very interesting and fun video to watch.

Yep, great instruction. I would love to have simplified electronics that work easily... but this is beyond my scope. I just wish it would work with the remote as intended.

Jazz, if you can figure a way to "cut off " the reset I think that would be a mod I would dare to try.

Maybe HT will solve this on ESB Vader.

Yep, great instruction. I would love to have simplified electronics that work easily... but this is beyond my scope. I just wish it would work with the remote as intended.

Jazz, if you can figure a way to "cut off " the reset I think that would be a mod I would dare to try.

Maybe HT will solve this on ESB Vader.

Do you maybe have tips on how to make it more accessible? I want everyone to be able to do this

Do you maybe have tips on how to make it more accessible? I want everyone to be able to do this

No, I think you've made this video very clear and accessible. For me personally I do not want the wires running down the leg and out the back. Its the reason I never bought the cathode tube sabers.

But if you ever figure out a mod or fix to eliminate or "shut off" the auto-shut off inside the chest -- so the voice function will stay on without the necessity of flipping the switch off and on again -- now that would be a mod I would try. There must be some way to override that auto shut off.

If not, I was thinking about adding a longer toggle to the switch in back so that finding it through the clothing is much easier.

Very nice. Very fun watch. Basic question if I may as the electronics are beyond me. Did u completely snip the underarm plastic off so it's open at the bottom ( under the arm) or did u leave it connected a little bit so it' not too loose. Couldn't really tell on the vid. That at least is something i can do so he looses the I'm on steroids look... Thanks

Just saw this vid today on the helmet mod and had to do it myself. thanks for the tutorial, kinda nerve-racking to dissect the helmet and all but after pushing in the nose a little (tough cutting that plastic away to release the nose), foilbacking the lenses (i just used aluminum foil) and lowering the dome sure does make it look way better. might do the usb light up and sound eventually but not too keen on the gimics of the figure. it sure did motivate me to try, thanks again!

31532321690_cf48d6052b_b.jpg

31868264106_3495e4a822_b.jpg

Very nice. Very fun watch. Basic question if I may as the electronics are beyond me. Did u completely snip the underarm plastic off so it's open at the bottom ( under the arm) or did u leave it connected a little bit so it' not too loose. Couldn't really tell on the vid. That at least is something i can do so he looses the I'm on steroids look... Thanks

I cut a path for the arm all the way through. It's perfectly fine.

I'm curious how much will your service be to do this for one of us? You mentioned it is not cheap. Lol and I get that. The work looks really extensive and time consuming. However I know I can't do this myself due to having a problem with carpal tunnel in my wrists. Let me know. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious how much will your service be to do this for one of us? You mentioned it is not cheap. Lol and I get that. The work looks really extensive and time consuming. However I know I can't do this myself due to having a problem with carpal tunnel in my wrists. Let me know. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could to the entire thing for $250, which means only a few bucks per hour

Would you mind linking us to your channel? I have a hard time navigating the YouTube app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Back