Video Game Online Accounts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any games for my PS3 yet, but I signed up for their online network. My user name is the same as my xBox Live account

jpoole2121

FYI, for anyone else new to the PS3, I found out today there are no spaces allowed in PlayStation Network names so Ill's name is The_ill_Jedi

Has anyone figured out the PS network yet? Yesterday when trying to accept Havyck's friend invite I had to totally exit the game I was playing at the time.

On XBox live you can press the center button and see your friends list and send messages and the game pauses for you. On the PS network I could not figure out how to see my friends list or send any messages w/o totally backing out of the game I was in the middle of.

Last edited:
Has anyone figured out the PS network yet? Yesterday when trying to accept Havyck's friend invite I had to totally exit the game I was playing at the time.

On XBox live you can press the center buttom and see your friends list and send messages and the game pauses for you. On the PS network I could not figure out how to see my friends list or send any messages w/o totally backing out of the game I was in the middle of.

Not quite sure, never tried to communicate with a person while playing a game. I usually see people sign on then sign right off though :lol

"Home" will fix all of these issues though. Look for that by late Spring.

Not quite sure, never tried to communicate with a person while playing a game. I usually see people sign on then sign right off though :lol

"Home" will fix all of these issues though. Look for that by late Spring.

What's "Home"? I have not heard of this.

What's "Home"? I have not heard of this.

From Sony:

"Home™ is a real-time 3D, networked community that serves as a meeting place for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) users from around the world, where they can interact, communicate, join online games, shop, share content and even build their own personal spaces. Home™ will be available as a free download from the PLAYSTATION®Store and will launch directly from the PS3™ system's Main Menu."

Once HOME launches will there be a monthly fee associated with it?

If there is they can kiss my hind end. I won't pay for two online game communities. I doubt it though since Sony's network has always been free.

On XBox live you can press the center button and see your friends list and send messages and the game pauses for you. On the PS network I could not figure out how to see my friends list or send any messages w/o totally backing out of the game I was in the middle of.

I noticed on UT3 there as a community where you can see friends and send messages and receive them

From Sony:

"Home™ is a real-time 3D, networked community that serves as a meeting place for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) users from around the world, where they can interact, communicate, join online games, shop, share content and even build their own personal spaces. Home™ will be available as a free download from the PLAYSTATION®Store and will launch directly from the PS3™ system's Main Menu."

Once Home is released, I most likely will be picking up a PS3, especially in light of the recent BluRay vs HD-DVD developments. And I'm a die-hard 360 fan, so you can see the significance of this to me :)

Back