VENOM Faux Bronze

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started collecting Bowen because his stuff makes me nostalgic for the Marvel of my youth.

This is the reason i still LOVE the products Bowen Designs produced(s). Their statues are PERFECT representations of the characters how i remeber them and how i wanna see them. For example Sideshow's new Punisher comiquette is cool but i prefer the undersized Bowen First Appearance PUnisher statue because it brings me back when i was a little dude and introduced to the Punisher.

The same goes for countless other Bowen Design statues. Sure, they're not as large or not as impressive when compared to a Sideshow Statue, but in many instances they are overall better representations of the character how "I" want to see them...that is why i am still a Bowen Designs collector.

I'm still not feeling the FB line :(

This will be my first faux bronze. I think it looks great and love it without the hideous tongue.

I ordered the Sideshow Luke Skywalker and have a Star Wars section on my site. I also love Super Hero Squad and am intrigued by DC's Retro Action Heroes, which is the revival of MEGO! My favorite band is RUSH. I love the ladies. Anything else? :)

RUSH :rock

:lol :lol :lol I actually think The Vemon Comiquette is the worst SS Marvel peice aside from the WQ PF and X-23. The hype of the character is all that drives that peice.

Bowen Vemon is awesome.. not just lumped together POS. ;)

pics of the regular. :)

IMG_8236.jpg

IMG_8243.jpg

IMG_8245.jpg

IMG_8246.jpg

IMG_8248.jpg

IMG_8249.jpg

IMG_8250.jpg

IMG_8251.jpg

IMG_8253.jpg

:lol :lol :lol I actually think The Vemon Comiquette is the worst SS Marvel peice aside from the WQ PF and X-23. The hype of the character is all that drives that peice.

Bowen Vemon is awesome.. not just lumped together POS. ;)

I like the SSC Venom better because it captures the hulking, dripping messy vileness which is the essence of Venom. This one is not bad but all neat and tidy. I don't like the shininess of this piece either. That, and SSC's it's 1:4 scale and massive. I put my palm on it daily and go, wow this piece is huge. Probably won't buy another Bowen until he makes a 1:4 scale.

The SSC sculpt is far from lumped together, definition of each individual deformed muscle can be dissected by an anatomy class. Your objectivity shows through when you slant your view so badly.

I think for the scale, SSC's Venom beats this sculptwise as well as price for pound. jmo.

Last edited:
I like the SSC Venom better because it capture the hulking, dripping messy vileness which is the essence of Venom. This one is not bad but all neat and tidy. I don't like the shininess of this piece either. That, and SSC's it's 1:4 scale and massive. Probably won't buy another Bowen until he makes a 1:4 scale.

The SSC sculpt is far from lumped together, definition of each individual deformed muscle can be dissected by an anatomy class. Your objectivity shows through when you slant your view so badly.

I think for the scale, SSC's Venom beats this sculptwise as well as price for pound. jmo.

Preach the good word!!!

Can I get an 'AMEN!!!' from the congregation?!?

Back