VENOM Faux Bronze

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the big beef that everyone has with Al, isn't that he posts Bowen stuff on this forum. The problem is that he just creates a topic, then rarely is ever seen again in that thread. He doesn't seem interested in being a contributing member of this forum, just spamming Bowen wares.

I think the big beef that everyone has with Al, isn't that he posts Bowen stuff on this forum. The problem is that he just creates a topic, then rarely is ever seen again in that thread. He doesn't seem interested in being a contributing member of this forum, just spamming Bowen wares.

Nail on the head. But if he just wants to post Bowen stuff then I guess whatever. :emperor

:rotfl

he does that on the statueforum too..he's never seen outside of the BD section

i like this too, more than any of the other bowen Venom pieces, but you know what, defn not worth a $300 price tag they will prolly ask for it. Thats even more than the SS comi :duh I do have the faux bronze spidey though, so this may be a piece that i will grab when it goes way below retail down the road

i like this too, more than any of the other bowen Venom pieces, but you know what, defn not worth a $300 price tag they will prolly ask for it. Thats even more than the SS comi :duh I do have the faux bronze spidey though, so this may be a piece that i will grab when it goes way below retail down the road

That's the same boat I'm in. I think the two will accent each other really nicely.

I posted this elsewhere too... Speaking for myself, I initially liked the FBs because they had a "classic" look to them. I saw them as pieces which can be displayed anywhere in the home. However, the paint applications didn't seem to impress as much in person as they did in the prelims, at least not to me. That's probably in part why the numbers keep decreasing or take longer to sell out.

However, the part that makes the least sense to me is the price. Given that all the time, energy, and brunt of the cost generally put into sculpting and designing a piece was already spent on the original release, I can't quite fathom the justification for charging so much for what is essentially a repaint. While we've heard that the "faux bronze" paint cost like a billion dollars an ounce, I'm more inclined to believe that it's a money grab, pure and simple. I generally play along for the pieces I like, however, I'll now buy them on eBay. I must say, there's very little more irritating than seeing a FB you just spent nearly $300 on sell for $90 a month later.

P.S. IMO, the SS Venom comiquette blows every Bowen Venom piece to Kingdom Come.

I posted this elsewhere too... Speaking for myself, I initially liked the FBs because they had a "classic" look to them. I saw them as pieces which can be displayed anywhere in the home. However, the paint applications didn't seem to impress as much in person as they did in the prelims, at least not to me. That's probably in part why the numbers keep decreasing or take longer to sell out.

However, the part that makes the least sense to me is the price. Given that all the time, energy, and brunt of the cost generally put into sculpting and designing a piece was already spent on the original release, I can't quite fathom the justification for charging so much for what is essentially a repaint. While we've heard that the "faux bronze" paint cost like a billion dollars an ounce, I'm more inclined to believe that it's a money grab, pure and simple. I generally play along for the pieces I like, however, I'll now buy them on eBay. I must say, there's very little more irritating than seeing a FB you just spent nearly $300 on sell for $90 a month later.

P.S. IMO, the SS Venom comiquette blows every Bowen Venom piece to Kingdom Come.

I think BD just sees the aftermarket & is trying to get a piece of that action. I mean really...99% of the work is already done

very good point.

Good point. Im telling ya...the dude IS Bowen! NO collector is THAT into a company without having some sort of stake in its success!

What would you have me do? Should I respond to gentlemen, like Ink, when they bash what I've posted? No thanks. Believe me, I do come back & read the responses, but I'm not going to engage in conversation with some guys who are just being obnoxious.

If it makes you folks feel better, please...carry on with your bashing. I won't be responding to those sort of posts any longer. :)

Good point. Im telling ya...the dude IS Bowen! NO collector is THAT into a company without having some sort of stake in its success!

Actually, I'm into the 1960s thru 1980s era of Marvel prior to the 90s Mutant Explosion. I don't care if it's Bowen or someone else, but as long as Bowen is the only game in town that still places value on those eras of comics, that's the company from which I'll mostly buy.

You have to realize, I became a monthly comic collector beginning in 1977, after The Incredible Hulk TV movie aired. There aren't a lot of fans from my era around anymore. Most of them dropped comics, because of what went on at Marvel in the 90s.

I started collecting Bowen because his stuff makes me nostalgic for the Marvel of my youth. If a company, like SS, produced statues that captured the spirit of that era, I'd be buying them as well. SS is more geared towards the 90s and up fan. That's cool. There's A LOT of folks who want those characters or those styles. To me, it seems like all the different companies offer something different for everyone and that's a good thing. :)

What would you have me do? Should I respond to gentlemen, like Ink, when they bash what I've posted? No thanks. Believe me, I do come back & read the responses, but I'm not going to engage in conversation with some guys who are just being obnoxious.

If it makes you folks feel better, please...carry on with your bashing. I won't be responding to those sort of posts any longer. :)

awwww...I have a fan :blissy

Back