VENOM Faux Bronze

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
772339286_aLLG3-X2.jpg

Where is the tongue?

P1X4R -- Great pics!

While I prefer the SS comiquette, IMO, the Bowen crouching Venom is the 2nd best Venom piece out there.

No tongue on the FB.
It makes this variant a bit less of an actual copy of the original.

That kinda kills it IMO. I mean its one thing to get rid of some equipment on the base...but getting rid of Venom's toungue? Thats like just randomly removing body parts...

Randy Bowen: "Umm...leave the left hand off of FB Beast. Lets just not put a head on FB White Queen...annnd does FB Doc Oc actually NEED all those silly arms?"

:rolleyes: lame

I'm just glad venom is standing with a blank expression on his face.

Ha, I get that you're not a bowen pose fan...but Venom isn't standing and he doesnt have a blank expression on this face... He is crouching in common Venom style and has a menacing toothy growl on his face... :huh

That kinda kills it IMO. I mean its one thing to get rid of some equipment on the base...but getting rid of Venom's toungue? Thats like just randomly removing body parts...

Randy Bowen: "Umm...leave the left hand off of FB Beast. Lets just not put a head on FB White Queen...annnd does FB Doc Oc actually NEED all those silly arms?"

:rolleyes: lame

Actually a lot of Venom fans cant stand the tongue. In fact when Todd McFarlane originally drew the character he had no slobbering tongue. The tongue was added by the lackluster artist Erik Larsen. There were quite a few threads on both Statue Forum and Statue Marvels with fans wanting a tongueless Venom. Looks like Kotobukiya listened with there upcoming Venom statue.

asm316.jpg

amzspiderman347.gif

Last edited:
Ha, I get that you're not a bowen pose fan...but Venom isn't standing and he doesnt have a blank expression on this face... He is crouching in common Venom style and has a menacing toothy growl on his face... :huh

I meant to say

I'm just glad venom is not standing with a blank expression on his face.

And no, I'm no fan of the supposed "Bowen pose/ Museum pose".

Actually a lot of Venom fans cant stand the tongue. In fact when Todd McFarlane originally drew the character he had no slobbering tongue. The tongue was added by the lackluster artist Erik Larsen. There were quite a few threads on both Statue Forum and Statue Marvels with fans wanting a tongueless Venom. Looks like Kotobukiya listened with there upcoming Venom statue.

asm316.jpg

amzspiderman347.gif

Fair enough, but in your first image Venom still HAS a tongue...just not the long crazy one. Bowen's FB Venom has NO tongue at all...just a black empty mouth. I don't care if he has the long slobbering tongue but he should have SOME sort of tongue.

Fair enough, but in your first image Venom still HAS a tongue...just not the long crazy one. Bowen's FB Venom has NO tongue at all...just a black empty mouth. I don't care if he has the long slobbering tongue but he should have SOME sort of tongue.

Maybe the cat has his tongue:banana
full.jpg

good point

Dude, relax. They just photoshop'd out the tongue. You can still see the tip of the old tongue floating in mid-air if you look closely.

I'm sure Venom will have a tongue of some sort.

Sculpting a Venom is like going for the first kiss on a date.... tongue or no tongue?

Back