Venom Comiquette?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll give you credit in that you did say a Venom piece was coming and you also predicted that it was a PF (which I hope it is.) :rock

But the humorous part is that a number of Marvel pieces (including various comiquettes) were announced in the meantime, so of course your "prediction" was bound to come true. All of these predictions are bound to come true eventually, especially when the claims are made month, after month, after month about popular characters in the Marvel universe. :lol I agree that a Sabretooth piece is coming....along with Daredevil, Silver Surfer, Cyclops, and Apocalypse just to name a few. I'll even go out on a limb and say another Iron Man piece is coming as well. :rotfl

:duh:duh:duh:duh:duh:duh

I'm not just limited to SS pieces. I also predict sports games, so you can appreciate this one.

I predict Denver is going to win tonight and advance to the Western Conference Finals. Wait......

I predict Denver is going to win tonight and advance to the Western Conference Finals.

That's better and makes it more official too. :lol

Thank you Madame Blavatsky and Sanaya Roman for your boldfaced predictions
:)

I'll be here all week. :lol (And this is all in fun, so I hope no one takes it the wrong way. :peace)

Now back to this Venom piece! Is this going to look awesome or what? I'm still anxious to see what the face looks like.

nevermind.... except this is probably the biggest Marvel Piece for me that I've known about AHEAD of time and hopefully will be able to score it, but still hope for a modest and respectable ES.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about the sculpt as a whole. Do you guys think removable tendrils should be added to the final product? I know it's WAY to early to say, seeing how we only have a glimpse here, but what's the consensus?

bring it on ssc, this will be in my collection for sure.

if i can find somewhere to put it.:(

I know what you mean Quadcent. I have to make some decisions, even if it means keeping some of them boxed up and selling some others. I will be getting this Venom!

Venom Im way in,,,,,Carnage not so much.

I am with you on this!

I'll be here all week. :lol (And this is all in fun, so I hope no one takes it the wrong way. :peace)

Now back to this Venom piece! Is this going to look awesome or what? I'm still anxious to see what the face looks like.

It will look great Chapter ... and I think you are going to get it even if it is a comiquette, :lol

It will look great Chapter ... and I think you are going to get it even if it is a comiquette, :lol

I think you're onto something. :D I mean I know it's going to look good and I don't have anything against comiquettes. It's just that eventually it gets overwhelming having so many pieces all in one space. If you don't draw the line soon enough, the inevitable FS thread will show up. Personally, I chose to collect PFs and 1:1s and nothing more, so when a comiquette comes along, it's just easier to say "no," no matter who the character is. Although, as we all know, there's always the exception.

I think you're onto something. :D I mean I know it's going to look good and I don't have anything against comiquettes. It's just that eventually it gets overwhelming having so many pieces all in one space. If you don't draw the line soon enough, the inevitable FS thread will show up. Personally, I chose to collect PFs and 1:1s and nothing more, so when a comiquette comes along, it's just easier to say "no," no matter who the character is. Although, as we all know, there's always the exception.

Chapter, on a serious note, I can relate with you. I have to make some decisions in the next few months about what I am going to collect. I mean, I started only on Batman, but then I got hooked on SS with Spidey, GG, Dr. Doom, etc. Then I just started buying practically anything SS made in PF or Comiquette. My latest rampage was 1:1 busts.

And then the shelves begin looking crowded instead of looking good. I have to make some black and white choices, with some exceptions along the way.

I am leaning towards what you are doing, with PF and 1:1, and adding my CM and keeping only a few of my Batman stuff. Oh yeah, and my Star Trek Franklin Mint.

I am seriously thinking of selling most of my Alien and Predator stuff from SS, including the Warrior bust. Have to put more thought though.

Chapter, on a serious note, I can relate with you. I have to make some decisions in the next few months about what I am going to collect. I mean, I started only on Batman, but then I got hooked on SS with Spidey, GG, Dr. Doom, etc. Then I just started buying practically anything SS made in PF or Comiquette. My latest rampage was 1:1 busts.

And then the shelves begin looking crowded instead of looking good. I have to make some black and white choices, with some exceptions along the way.

I am leaning towards what you are doing, with PF and 1:1, and adding my CM and keeping only a few of my Batman stuff. Oh yeah, and my Star Trek Franklin Mint.

I am seriously thinking of selling most of my Alien and Predator stuff from SS, including the Warrior bust. Have to put more thought though.

It's addicting, isn't it?!?! That's the only bad part. It's easy to get "sucked in." And like I said (for the record,) I really am impressed with many of the Sideshow Comiquettes. However, as it relates to my collection, I prefer not to buy them because I've been down that "avenue" and ended up selling them. I don't care for how that mix amongst the PFs. And similarly, that's my reasoning for not buying pieces based on villains. I've had them in my collection and don't particularly care for the way they look amongst the other pieces that I have.

I've learned to be VERY picky about what I buy and I realize that, but it all works out for the better. :rock

Here's a piece of advice. No matter what, do not NOT place an order for this piece. If you collect Marvel, you'll be kicking yourself if you hesitate. For me personally, this is one of my personal favorite villains, and certainly one of the most awesome.

I agree I am slowly getting to this point. I am starting to get out of the 1/6th market except for Indy and the Dead and VERY limited SW. Mainly getting into PF and comiquettes. I DO want the Endo 1:1 though.

Here's a piece of advice. No matter what, do not NOT place an order for this piece. If you collect Marvel, you'll be kicking yourself if you hesitate. For me personally, this is one of my personal favorite villains, and certainly one of the most awesome.

I don't plan on it, unless it's a PF. (And if it is a comiquette and I do order it, I've already explained why I would.)

I've never purposely passed on piece and regretted it down the road.

I agree I am slowly getting to this point. I am starting to get out of the 1/6th market except for Indy and the Dead and VERY limited SW. Mainly getting into PF and comiquettes. I DO want the Endo 1:1 though.

You and me both! :rock That Endo 1:1 is AMAZING!!!!

It's addicting, isn't it?!?! That's the only bad part. It's easy to get "sucked in." And like I said (for the record,) I really am impressed with many of the Sideshow Comiquettes. However, as it relates to my collection, I prefer not to buy them because I've been down that "avenue" and ended up selling them. I don't care for how that mix amongst the PFs. And similarly, that's my reasoning for not buying pieces based on villains. I've had them in my collection and don't particularly care for the way they look amongst the other pieces that I have.

I've learned to be VERY picky about what I buy and I realize that, but it all works out for the better. :rock

Yes it is addicting Chapter. And great advice. I have to really think about what I want. And the good thing is that when I will go to the FS thread, I know there will be people who will want some of my stuff because it is a gendre they are collecting.

I will make some exceptions though. If I do decide only on PF and 1:1 from SS, then I will make the exceptions for the AH pieces, and the Venom if it is Comiquette because it will look good on display with the Green Goblin, Spidey PF Exc, and MJ Exc.

Funny you talked about this today. This has been weighing heavily on my mind what to do.

Mesa, I agree with you big time on this. I think though they will somehow make this a PF, maybe it might be me hoping, but I think they will. Regardless though, I will buy it (as long as it is a good sculpt).

Me too, my 1/6 scales mostly are going to go except most of my Hard Hero stuff. I just cannot seem to let them go. I just love the work Seth has done on these.

Oh, and of course my Hot Toys Batman stuff. Again though, if someone, like SS or CM would produce Batman stuff, that all would go too. What I REALLY want in Batman is someone like SS or CM to produce PF or 1/3 scale high end stuff.

Mesa, I agree with you big time on this. I think though they will somehow make this a PF, maybe it might be me hoping, but I think they will. Regardless though, I will buy it (as long as it is a good sculpt).

PF, Comiquette, Dio ( I really hope not); regardless, I'm getting it.

Back