Vaderville

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how does the new upgrades translate to other customs that have been paid for and ultimately received....i guess i'm just curious that after 3-5 years that people will get an ungoing, immproving vader. When people paid for this....it was because they all thought they would get one specific...but with the onslaught of delays with this one....and then the slight progression.....kinda makes folk feel that they got a far inferior version then what is being shown now...

how does the new upgrades translate to other customs that have been paid for and ultimately received....i guess i'm just curious that after 3-5 years that people will get an ungoing, immproving vader. When people paid for this....it was because they all thought they would get one specific...but with the onslaught of delays with this one....and then the slight progression.....kinda makes folk feel that they got a far inferior version then what is being shown now...
I have no idea how to answer that , they are completely different from how they were first made , a couple have been rebuilt from the ground up when a new design or technique has been used , on the positive side , I guess owners are far happier that after long delays they get something far superior, just read how well people received the last two. These figures are extremely complex and all the time Glenn tries to improve them , is this a bad thing? I don't know , I could bore you with the huge price tag of all the r&d , show you the huge pile of obsolete molds and castings, the unused toy bodies , I know a lot of £ was spent on hot toys predator bodies which proved useless
I'm sorry I have no answer for your question but I only 'work here'
Steph x

Apparently there are several vaders in progress that have only ever had a deposit paid and no more will be asked for each , we /Glenn are doing our best to make up for awful delays , also partial refunds have been given where possible to compensate

Last edited:
I have no idea how to answer that , they are completely different from how they were first made , a couple have been rebuilt from the ground up when a new design or technique has been used , on the positive side , I guess owners are far happier that after long delays they get something far superior, just read how well people received the last two. These figures are extremely complex and all the time Glenn tries to improve them , is this a bad thing? I don't know , I could bore you with the huge price tag of all the r&d , show you the huge pile of obsolete molds and castings, the unused toy bodies , I know a lot of £ was spent on hot toys predator bodies which proved useless
I'm sorry I have no answer for your question but I only 'work here'
Steph x

Apparently there are several vaders in progress that have only ever had a deposit paid and no more will be asked for each , we /Glenn are doing our best to make up for awful delays , also partial refunds have been given where possible to compensate

:goodpost:

Thank you for he update and I'm glad that they still dvelope in the hole process

Can you give a small status of the other vaders?

Thanks

Hey there folks sorry for the lack of updates/contact but there is a reason behind this lack of contact.

Sadly a little over a week ago Hurricane's mother passed, the weeks leading up to this have been hectic and traumatic but he has continued to work, getting as much done as he can.

Things have begun to calm down, hence why I have posted this, and work will be getting back into full swing soon and I will be able to post up some new images of current WIP's as soon as I have them (This coming week if things remain calm)

Hurricane would like to thank you all for your patience and understanding.

Regards

Doc

Prayers and condolences goes out to Glenn and his family. Hope they can get through this challenging time.

Thanks for the updates, Doc. Really appreciate you doing this for us here.

Hey there folks...

Long time no update, things are FINALLY settling back into normality in Vaderville (see what I did there? :p )

Anyway...

Its been another sweep of re-tooling going on on a large number of areas such as the capes, robes and suit details such as belt and chest box accuracy which, after having it pointed out by none other that the Prowse himself, have been re-tooled, detailed and are now being cast (images bellow)

The new metal sections of the chest box, machined in aluminium and cast in high quality resin (seen on image of belt/chest boxes bellow)

Comparison between old and new chest boxes (New on left, old on right) and the new belt boxes (Larger ones are the new, accurate to size and detail)

On top of this, an Image of the new prototype cape, the most recent ones before this were not falling properly compared to older ones that Hurricane had done, but after much futzing with material he has one that falls right.

New domes cast form a new mold, the old one began to give complete un-usable results so the new one was made...

And finally, the new cape chain...

THIS little piece of pain has been causing an awful lot of annoyance. Used to be time when Hurricane would use a scaled metal/plastic chain that wasn't an exact match but a close approximation...after that went the way of the Dodo he decided to make his own, this result, cast in a flexible rubber/resin (not sure myself) is as close to the film prop as possible without a Farnsworth shrinking ray...

More to come as I get them!

Doc

thank you for the update

is there a progress list maybe for us again to see where they stand

Hi there folks,

Quick bulletin

I am AWAY for the next 2 weeks (returning 1st of August). I am hoping to return to a inbox of update images and info for you all.

Sadly things have been moving slow once again as there has been an upset with the new cloaks and robes, and the final set of Bodysuits. Bodysuits are now in hand and getting weathered/fitted to everyone's figures. Robes and Capes will be another week or so.

Hopefully on the 2nd of August I'll have some good updates for you all...

Until then, stay frosty (as I'm sure the hell not in this freaking heat wave!) and I'll see you all in 2 weeks!

An exhausted, overheated Doc...

Back