Vaderville

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
happy christmas too all here and a little update question because it was christmas

Today I finally received my Hurricane Vader!!! :yess:

It's the ANH with reveal helmet version. It's a thing of beauty, pure art, and I think well worth the wait. So hang in there guys, Glenn is still working on this. Here are some pics:

In a huge coincidence, Sideshow's ESB Vader happened to arrive today too. So I took a few pics of them side by side for fun.

Last edited:
Thanks, it's a pretty amazing figure. Yeah this is a bit shorter than SS's latest Vader, a bit over 1 inch shorter.

How'd you compare it with the official SS ESB Vader?

It compares very favorably to the SS ESB Vader. The ESB Vader is probably one of the top two figures SS has done with the recently released Malgus. What both figures do well is good tight joints that hold poses while not being too tight, ankle articulation, a wide variety of hands, and capes that have good weight and drapes well.

My nitpicks with ESB Vader are some things Hurricane's Vader gets right. ESB Vader is a bit too tall for me, Hurricane's seems the right height. ESB Vader's arms are a bit on the skinny side, Hurricane's are just right. The material of ESB Vader's costume causes it to bunch up at the upper thighs, Hurricane's Vader has a great suit with no problems. ESB Vader's lighted saber is a bit too thick for me (would've been ok if it had a light up function), Hurricane's saber is thinner. Finally ESB Vader's reveal head sculpt is good but not great, I prefer Hurricane's sculpt. Both have pretty great internal helmet detail.

I didn't get light up option with Hurricane's Vader. ESB Vader's light up chest box and belt boxes are really cool and my favorite feature.

Hurricane Vader's strength is the accurate helmet with all the little details and asymmetry. I also really like the matte finish and weathering. The worn look with little scuffs and scratches look really good. ESB Vader is appropriately shiny and new looking.

A couple nitpicks about the Hurricane Vader. The saber sculpt is such that hooking the saber onto the hook on the belt was tough. There's not quite enough clearance on the metal ring. A little manipulation got it to work. Be careful when you have the hands hold the saber. The saber paint can come off with too much friction. The Hurricane hands are hard plastic. I do like ESB Vader's soft plastic hands.

Great too see it in your hands.
hopefully we all can update pictures here soon.

i love the overall appearance of the vader he looks more then vader in his hole then the SS

It compares very favorably to the SS ESB Vader. The ESB Vader is probably one of the top two figures SS has done with the recently released Malgus. What both figures do well is good tight joints that hold poses while not being too tight, ankle articulation, a wide variety of hands, and capes that have good weight and drapes well.

My nitpicks with ESB Vader are some things Hurricane's Vader gets right. ESB Vader is a bit too tall for me, Hurricane's seems the right height. ESB Vader's arms are a bit on the skinny side, Hurricane's are just right. The material of ESB Vader's costume causes it to bunch up at the upper thighs, Hurricane's Vader has a great suit with no problems. ESB Vader's lighted saber is a bit too thick for me (would've been ok if it had a light up function), Hurricane's saber is thinner. Finally ESB Vader's reveal head sculpt is good but not great, I prefer Hurricane's sculpt. Both have pretty great internal helmet detail.

I didn't get light up option with Hurricane's Vader. ESB Vader's light up chest box and belt boxes are really cool and my favorite feature.

Hurricane Vader's strength is the accurate helmet with all the little details and asymmetry. I also really like the matte finish and weathering. The worn look with little scuffs and scratches look really good. ESB Vader is appropriately shiny and new looking.

A couple nitpicks about the Hurricane Vader. The saber sculpt is such that hooking the saber onto the hook on the belt was tough. There's not quite enough clearance on the metal ring. A little manipulation got it to work. Be careful when you have the hands hold the saber. The saber paint can come off with too much friction. The Hurricane hands are hard plastic. I do like ESB Vader's soft plastic hands.

Thanks for the unbiased review. + repped.

I'm very much looking forward to receive mine now, than the SS ones. :panic:

Thanks guys. Hopefully you will all receive yours soon and we can all see awesome pics of your Vaders!

Great to see your patience being rewarded guys. I've been lurking for a while and wondered whether the thread would get the Hollywood ending it deserves - keep the pics coming, these figures look really, really great.

Great to see your patience being rewarded guys. I've been lurking for a while and wondered whether the thread would get the Hollywood ending it deserves - keep the pics coming, these figures look really, really great.

Its gonna be my 5th year now since I placed my order, but I still have faith that mine will eventually come :pray:

Back