Vader's Helmet Too Small - Will it be Adjusted?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makiyu said:
Maybe you'll get lucky through the waitlist - I canceled both Vader and Obi Excl just yesterday

Anakin said:
me too.blah for this beetlejuice vader doll. keeping my orders for grievous and han

Thanks, guys! I'm still on the Exc. waitlist for this Vader. I can feel my name bubbling up to the top. The last exc. that I need... :banana

Polystoner said:
Thanks, guys! I'm still on the Exc. waitlist for this Vader. I can feel my name bubbling up to the top. The last exc. that I need... :banana

And, the last Vader statue we'll ever need. :)

Vader Without the Cape

I think Vader's head looks a lot more in proportion with his body now that you can see him without the cape.

122205_dvnocape.jpg

Darth Waller said:
I think Vader's head looks a lot more in proportion with his body now that you can see him without the cape.

I hate being right all the time...wait...that's not true. ;) :D

Looks like this bad boy will be shipping soon too.

I just hope his cape doesn't fan out that far on all the figures. He doesn't look good with an A-line. ;)

LOL! I hope so too. I don't think it'll be that hard to get it to lay flat though. Guess we'll find out soon enough. :D

Mini-Rock said:
LOL! I hope so too. I don't think it'll be that hard to get it to lay flat though. Guess we'll find out soon enough. :D

My suspicions were confirmed, all in the cape. Now the only issue is whether or not the cape will be weighted enough to be draped down more. :cool:

I am just hating the fact that I will have a second wait to display it as I wait for the case for it to arrive.

Jesse

Jesseawilson said:
I am just hating the fact that I will have a second wait to display it as I wait for the case for it to arrive.

Jesse

I'm going to get mine soon. I placed an order once, cancelled, and now that I have a better measurment, I'll be ordering again. My case will hold both Vader and Obi.

My problem was never the size of the helmet.

I posted this on Statue Forum, and I'll post it here just so SS is more likely to see it.

OK, there is a GREAT thread on the RPF that discusses just what is wrong with the helmet.

https://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=101885

Here is a great photo comparison of the 2. Credit goes to phase pistol on the RPF for the grab:

ssvadervsanh2fk.jpg

Problems that I see.

1. Look at the bridge of his nose. It should be painted silver, plus the bridge should be MUCH wider.

2. There is no widow's peak. The ANH Vader is famous as the only incarnation to have this peak. Why did they leave it out?

3. The right tusk (left on our side) should be black or at least slightly black as in this Tantive IV photo.

4. The grill under the chin is too far recessed, that area of the neck is angled in too far.

5. The cheeks are just flat out wrong. I see exactly what is wrong with them, but it's very difficult for me to put into words. The distance between the lenses and the ridge on the cheeks is too short, the "frown lines" don't look wide enough, and the cheeks themselves are not wide enough.

6. The mask/helmet is too symmetrical. This is supposed to be ANH Vader, not ROTS Vader.

That unproduced Marmit Vader in the RPF thread looks MUCH more accurate to me.

marmitvader39wf.jpg

That helmet looks AWESOME compared to the SS version. Note the black tusk, the widow's peak, etc. and that is for a less expensive figure. I'll still get my SS Vader, but it looks like he may go up on Ebay at this rate. It looks more like ROTS Vader than ANH Vader, IMO.

Well with that picture I can also see some flaws with the Marmit Vader as well, with the SS Vader being a 1/4 size I expect some of the things would not be a pronounced as the 1:1 scale. But the bridge between the eyes I can concede on that, but the tusk can be easily fixed if it matters a lot to you.
Is the 1:1 Vader Helm from MR ANH as well?

elwood49 said:
1. Look at the bridge of his nose. It should be painted silver, plus the bridge should be MUCH wider.

I think it's already been noted that some of Vader's mask was painted gunmetal gray so it would photograph better on film. I don't mind that Sideshow left out that color.

OPINION WARNING!!!
WARNING!!!
WARNING!!!

As far as appearance and without regards to accuracy I actualy prefer the look of SS's version. The capture looks like crap to me. I don't care if a few things are a little, and I mean a little off (99% of SW fans would never be able to point out what you did). I just want the dam thing to look good in my display. I have still never read where it states that SS is trying to make an 1/4 scale exact copy of the "thrown together on no budget" screen used prop.

As long as the dimensions are right and it doesnt look odd then I am completely fine with the rest of the helmet.

Jesse

Well,

It's off. For a 1/4 piece, I really expect more from Sideshow. Not to mention, this is Vader!!!!

But, I still have hope because I have not seen it in person.

I really would have preferred it to be more "screen accurate" though.

Jesseawilson said:
I have still never read where it states that SS is trying to make an 1/4 scale exact copy of the "thrown together on no budget" screen used prop.

Exactly! They aren't making a 1/4 studio scale replica of one, or all, of the ANH helmets used; they are making a 1/4 statue to look as if the Sith Lord himself jumped out of the movie and onto our shelves. While the helmet itself may not be screen accurate to one of the many helmets used for filming, it's movie accurate to the icon in the movie. The SS Vader will still be "The Vader statue to end all Vader statue's." :)

I think Vader can look very different just by the tilt of his head. But I'd be curious to see the same comparison done with some of the other 9 ANH screen used helmets and the SSC PF.

Jesse & Mini-Rock,

I agree completely with what you guys said. I can't wait for this Sith Lord to come home! :banana

Back