Vader: Stitching, Hands & other Issues Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Let's get to the bottom of Vader's choke hand and pointing hand

I think it's the hand for the deleted meditation scene:

tweet.jpg

Re: Sideshow, please remove the visible stitch lines from Vader's costume

...I also don't see anything wrong in Justin bringing it to their attention in a polite and friendly manner.

I don't see anything wrong either, Khev. Never said I did. Just trying to add my two cents to the conversation's all. Sorry if you saw otherwise.

Let's get to the bottom of it indeed!

Clearly, it's the "imperial colo-rectal exam" finger!

colon_vader.jpg

I think Justin made it quite clear that he thought Vader looked fine, "phenomenal" was even the word he used. It *does* have much more visible stitching than any 1/6 scale Vader ever produced (even more than Hasbro's as mentioned in another post.) The other companies Vaders don't show stitching (even when blown up 2-3 times) so I agree with Justin in that it seems strange that its present for only Sideshow's.

Well, as I said it wasn't visible in person like it shows in the pics. Yes, I know a Irish and Auto said it was but I think thats more them letting the pictures play with what they saw. Again, I got nose to nose and no matter how blind I might be it wasn't there.

Its the best Vader figure ever made. No question. Even better than the PF. If SS can do something to eliminate the stitches then why not? No harm in a minor tweak that makes it even better, especially if its an easy tweak. I also don't see anything wrong in Justin bringing it to their attention in a polite and friendly manner.

Its better than the PF right now. Tweak or not. As the old saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it. This isn't broke so no need to fix it. Just in wasn't rude in how he brought things up. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in noticing this but he has some kind of complaint about every 1:6th figure from SW that SS has produced. After a while its like damn man do you really enjoy this at all? IMO Just should try to enjoy collecting more and analyzing less.

I'm sure people get tired of me liking things just the same.

I don't see anything wrong either, Khev. Never said I did. Just trying to add my two cents to the conversation's all. Sorry if you saw otherwise.

My first paragraph was in response to your post, mostly just to point out that when the Vaders for other companies get magnified 2-3 times they still don't show stitching like the one in the SS booth. That's all. :)

My second paragraph was just a general sentiment toward anyone who did think Justin was out of line for starting the thread (even if its the same thread he starts every single time a new figure is previewed.) ;)

My second paragraph was just a general sentiment toward anyone who did think Justin was out of line for starting the thread (even if its the same thread he starts every single time a new figure is previewed.) ;)

Well, since I figure the wink is in my direction I'll respond. He has all the right in the world to start a thread about every figure and make his complaints. I know I'm not the only one that thinks he's overly anal about these. IMO Justin is the typical SW fan that just can't ever be happy. I pretty much just ignore most of Justins post because the dude just can't enjoy collecting.

How do you guys even notice these things? You guys are certainly very anal.:lol

...if I wasn't as anal as I was I would never have created any of my custom figures. Sometimes it's a good thing to be anal and want perfection ;)

Well, since I figure the wink is in my direction I'll respond. He has all the right in the world to start a thread about every figure and make his complaints. I know I'm not the only one that thinks he's overly anal about these. IMO Justin is the typical SW fan that just can't ever be happy. I pretty much just ignore most of Justins post because the dude just can't enjoy collecting.

I think Justin does a good job at pointing out things other may not notice or notice but disregard. He never does it in a snotty 'SSC sucks' manner as some do. Although I'm sure SSC is very aware of every aspect of their creations, they can only grow if people express disappointment when they see it. When I worked in retail there was a saying that the customer who came to the desk and complained helps you but the customer who walks out dissatisfied and doesn't come back will close your doors. When we spoke up about Plo's saber color it was changed and maybe subsequent Vaders will have hidden stitching but I think this one is too far in production to change.

...if I wasn't as anal as I was I would never have created any of my custom figures. Sometimes it's a good thing to be anal and want perfection ;)

Perfection will never happen. Especially with anything Star Wars related.

I'll give you that improvements can be made... so far I'm happy with it, but if it can be even better that's fine by me. I don't know if the stitching is anything that would ever bother me, but if it can be taken out and still look good then so be it.

Can the new meaning be anymore disturbing than the original :lol

Here's another capture from the choke scene. I still can't freeze frame the pointing hand at the beginning of the film because he moves his hand too fast. If anyone could capture it, that would really help!

chokert4.jpg

chokelighthk4.jpg

i guess it all depends on where his thumb is on the SS hand. cant see the back side on SS's pics.

Screen grabs don't mean much when we dont have a good pic of the exclusive hand to compare it to.

There really is no debate. All you have to do watch the movie to see the difference. Vader points at Leia, and makes a pinching motion at Motti. Simple as that.

Next topic.

There really is no debate. All you have to do watch the movie to see the difference. Vader points at Leia, and makes a pinching motion at Motti. Simple as that.

Next topic.

Exactly, and that means he better have BOTH hands.

Back