Vader: Stitching, Hands & other Issues Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear you I almost bought one a while back after seeing one in person.

I think thenammagazine was referring to the SSC Vader pics shown here as to having a lined cape.

Medicom did a wonderful job with their cape.

However, If the SSC's cape is funky i'll just order one of Glenn's awesome creations....:maul

Anyone see this??? Uggggg, I'd be pissed!!!

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86359

DSC02518.jpg

I've had both my Medi Vaders for quite some time and haven't had that happen yet (of course, both are boxed and put away except for getting them out to compare to the photo). However, it did happen with the Hasbro Vader suit I used for a custom Vader but it had been handled quite a bit over the past 10 years. Like the rubber used for the ED-209, I think it's probably a combination of environment, usage, upkeep etc.

I dig the Sideshow Vader much better than the Medicom. I am glad a waited.

It's funny how in the new video, they purposefully keep the camera angle on the exclusive hand at the same perspective as the web pics to maintain the ambiguity.

Quick info if anyone cares. When you try to cancel an item at SS, you get an otion for them to see if flex pay is available for that item. Well, I did it for the Vader and I got this response (Here is part of it).

"Item number 21291 Darth Vader 12 inch Figure for 124.99 "Shipping status: 2nd Quarter 2009 We can convert your full payment method to a Flex Pay option with the plan of May 10 & June 10 for approximately $62.50 payments notincluding ship costs."

So if this is accurate the figure will be out mid June.

Vader looks great...I agree that the stitching will probably be unnoticeable once in hand. My camera does the same thing...

Back