Vader: Stitching, Hands & other Issues Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow, please remove the visible stitch lines from Vader's costume

You know, at the Con.... a SSC rep and I were talking about this... wondering what would be the first to be brought up for changes. :lol

I just want you to know that the artists that worked on this lobbied very hard for certain specifications and tiny details... I'm sure if the could work it without the stitches they will, but really... it looks fantastic even with them. The thing is amazing.

And in person... you don't even see the stitches.

Could it be that the thread is made from a synthetic material and, in pics, suddenly sticks out. Photography can do that. Take Hot Toys Superman, in some pics his costume looks 'swirly'. Sort of hard to explain. How about this Bruce Lee pic, fer instance.
2ym886s.jpg

In reality those swirls in his costume aren't there, it only happens in pics, because of the material. Could Vaders stitching be the same thing?

Now that it's been pointed out, I think it's a reasonable request to try to remove them. Except without seeing it in person, it's difficult to judge how much it sticks out due to lighting or flash of a camera. Then again, perhaps the stitching is accurate and "Granny" Watto sewed it for lil' Ani!!!

I don't think they stand out enough to worry about. Some people, the like thread starter, will never be happy with anything.

IMG_1984.JPG

you couldnt even tell in person at the con its just in the pics that its really noticeble

You can see the stitching but is not that big problem, I can live with that.

Justin just loves to start these threads, lets let it die to page two.

2008072434yd1.png

This image has been over sharpened in photoshop & that is why the stitching is so clear :monkey1

I'm sure in person you can hardly see the stitching, and that it will be just fine... but in the guys defence... it was also something that I had noticed. I was just assuming (hoping) that it was one of those things that you don't really see in person. Like some bad paint jobs look fine in person, but horrific on photos.

Fingers crossed :)

EDIT: oh, and ignoring the over sharpening and the stitching, DAMN how much like a guy in a suit does that above picture look?? :rock

(if the cape comes round the shoulders as it should down the front... then I can't see how this thing will be beat for a company-made vader) :bow

wasn't there a story in the EU where Vader was pissed at his tailor?

Sounds like something in the EU. And as bad as is sounds, it was prolly EU best story.

Sounds like something in the EU. And as bad as is sounds, it was prolly EU best story.

I think it was in the Star Wars: Tailor comic book mini-series.

You could see the stitching in person at SDCC as well. First thing I noticed, because it makes Vader look like a toy. Of course, it is a toy, but I was surprised to see it considering the price point and the tailoring on the Medicoms.

Because of threads like this...

it's going to be a long year until vader comes out. :banghead

I like this figure and will get it 100%, but nothing is perfect. This is not someone being picky or anti-sideshow. If we were making a list of things on this figure that could be improved, the visible stitching is something worthy of being mentioned. Every figure can be improved no matter how good it is.

But to criticize someone for pointing this issue out is ridiculous. Medicom Vader, Marmit Vader, Hasbro Vader, SS PF Vader and of course film Vader all had no visible stitching like this Sideshow 1/6 Vader does. So it was either a choice or an oversight on SS's part.

It is an issue and I would be pleased if they correct it. It is not a deal breaker, but it is still a noticeable problem.

But to criticize someone for pointing this issue out is ridiculous. Medicom Vader, Marmit Vader, Hasbro Vader, SS PF Vader and of course film Vader all had no visible stitching like this Sideshow 1/6 Vader does. So it was either a choice or an oversight on SS's part.

It is an issue and I would be pleased if they correct it. It is not a deal breaker, but it is still a noticeable problem.

Agreed!
Besides, I see it more as a fellow toy collector giving his own opinions & suggestion on how to improve a great figure.

I like this figure and will get it 100%, but nothing is perfect. This is not someone being picky or anti-sideshow. If we were making a list of things on this figure that could be improved, the visible stitching is something worthy of being mentioned. Every figure can be improved no matter how good it is.

Well said. I agree with you 100%.

I also agree. The stitching WAS very noticeable in person. But it doesn't bother me that bad. I hope they can fix the stitching, but it's not a deal-breaker. I'm happy with it and the price.

Still an incredible figure, though. And despite this one nit it's still shaping up to be the best licensed Vader 1:6 figure ever released.

Its funny how many people say this isnt a deal breaker... I think SSC realizes that Vader will be purchased by nearly everyone; we dont need to restate it here.

I think its more important to reinforce how we are all hoping for the best product possible because we KNOW they can do it. Moreover, I think we know THEY WANT TO! So, pointing out obvious problems like the stitching is a good thing - both for the fans and the company who wants to do its best.

Back