Vader: Stitching, Hands & other Issues Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow, please remove the visible stitch lines from Vader's costume

I think its more important to reinforce how we are all hoping for the best product possible because we KNOW they can do it. Moreover, I think we know THEY WANT TO! So, pointing out obvious problems like the stitching is a good thing - both for the fans and the company who wants to do its best.

Well said.

I think its more important to reinforce how we are all hoping for the best product possible because we KNOW they can do it. Moreover, I think we know THEY WANT TO! So, pointing out obvious problems like the stitching is a good thing - both for the fans and the company who wants to do its best.

I'm glad that some people here understand the intent of my posts. :wave

I also agree. The stitching WAS very noticeable in person. But it doesn't bother me that bad. I hope they can fix the stitching, but it's not a deal-breaker. I'm happy with it and the price.

Still an incredible figure, though. And despite this one nit it's still shaping up to be the best licensed Vader 1:6 figure ever released.

It was? I must have looked at it at least 1000 and didn't even notice. Hell, I got to see it with no case on it and never noticed them and you never said anything about this at the Con. I know you would have if you had REALLY noticed it then.

Oh Snap! You just got called out Irish!!!

Oh Snap! You just got called out Irish!!!

:rotfl

We hung out a lot during SDCC. Hell we where in line for 3 hours waiting for Hayden Panettiere auto I know he would have said did you notice that. :lol

Hell we where in line for 3 hours waiting for Hayden Panettiere auto I know he would have said did you notice that. :lol

Oh, that's not a good indicator. It's hard for me to think about stuff like threads on a doll when I'm waiting in line to meet a hot chick who's half my age. :lol

Oh, that's not a good indicator. It's hard for me to think about stuff like threads on a doll when I'm waiting in line to meet a hot chick who's half my age. :lol

Thats true. :rotfl

It was? I must have looked at it at least 1000 and didn't even notice. Hell, I got to see it with no case on it and never noticed them and you never said anything about this at the Con. I know you would have if you had REALLY noticed it then.

reminds me of Keith Partridge not able to hear the bad notes the blonde he was smitten with was singing... Vader's stitches were visible from the Gentle Giant booth! definitely not a deal breaker, but concealing them wouldn't hurt.

reminds me of Keith Partridge not able to hear the bad notes the blonde he was smitten with was singing... Vader's stitches were visible from the Gentle Giant booth! definitely not a deal breaker, but concealing them wouldn't hurt.

Did you even go to SDCC? :confused: I just looked through every shot of Vader I took and they are barley noticeable and seeing as how I got nose to nose with Vader and didn't see them.

Last edited:

Hate to break it to ya fellas, but SSC already has our money. We ordered it with visible stitching so they aren't going to dig into the Vader Profit Pool and redesign an outfit that we already approved with our preorder. Maybe one or two of the next three Vaders will have concealed stitching.

Hate to break it to ya fellas, but SSC already has our money. We ordered it with visible stitching so they aren't going to dig into the Vader Profit Pool and redesign an outfit that we already approved with our preorder. Maybe one or two of the next three Vaders will have concealed stitching.

I'm not saying that they're going to change the stitching, but you can't say that Sideshow would never change or improve a piece once they've taken orders for it.

Did you even go to SDCC? :confused: I just looked through every shot of Vader I took and they are barley noticeable and seeing as how I got nose to nose with Vader and didn't see them.

yeah, i was there. the stitching was noticeable, but in a way that one would just expect from a 12 inch figure... the height, the helmet and the overall presence of the figure absolutely capture one's attention... i am not concerned with the negatives unless they are leaping out at me, and while the stitching was very visible, it didn't leap out at me as being a negative...

This far into production?
Anakin's arm
Anakin's lips
Dead containment officer's skin clolor
Aayla's skin color
Qui Gon's costume fabric
Leia's costume tailoring

In their defense they did correct the monkey arm issue and gave Plo the correct lightsaber color. I believe in SSC and their sincere desire to put out the best quality but with Vader shipping in 8-9 months, I believe its too late in the production process to correct. Thats why I believe it is extremely helpful to voice concerns over the 'flaws' so they can correct them later.

This far into production?
Anakin's arm
Anakin's lips
Dead containment officer's skin clolor
Aayla's skin color
Qui Gon's costume fabric
Leia's costume tailoring

In their defense they did correct the monkey arm issue and gave Plo the correct lightsaber color. I believe in SSC and their sincere desire to put out the best quality but with Vader shipping in 8-9 months, I believe its too late in the production process to correct. Thats why I believe it is extremely helpful to voice concerns over the 'flaws' so they can correct them later.

yes, i agree... if not with this Vader, perhaps with the next.

Again, I was referring to the idea that they would never change a product after taking orders, and not saying that it would happen with this particular figure. But then again I'm not sure I would say that a figure for which the final body isn't finished and which won't be shipping until Q2 2009 is really so far along in production.

I believe they changed Plo Koon exclusive saber from blue to green after orders were taken.

yeah, i was there. the stitching was noticeable, but in a way that one would just expect from a 12 inch figure... the height, the helmet and the overall presence of the figure absolutely capture one's attention... i am not concerned with the negatives unless they are leaping out at me, and while the stitching was very visible, it didn't leap out at me as being a negative...

To me it is no different than dramatically out of scale buttons and zippers, it is just one of those things with 1/6 scale figures - though Han's ESB jacket was awful.

2008072434yd1.png

Now that's just freakin' unreal. Both Vader and the Stormie look straight out of the movie. Except for the stitching of course. Lose 'em SS. :lecture :)

Back