Vader PF has left the building!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Vader has left the building!!

Thanks for pics! Thats FREEEKING AWESOME! I will be stinned if I hear complaints, but thats just me.

Hey guys I have a question.

Usually, the regular run is much larger than the exclusive edition, but there only seems to be 500 more of the regular listed on the SS website. Is this accurate? :confused: And if there is actually 2000 exclusives for Sideshow and another 1000 for the Star Wars store, doesn't that make the regular edition more limited? Lastly, is it my imagination or did the price go up on the regular Vader after it sold out? I could swear it was only $300 at the start?! Was I dreaming? :confused:

It looks good. I've basically come to accept this as more of a display piece, and not really representative of what the ANH helmet looked like. It's more of a toy than a design maquette. With that in mind, it looks nice.

I think my main disappointment with it comes from the fact that there is no widow's peak. When I see that peak, I automatically think, "ANH Vader." That is the main feature that distinguishes it from the ESB and ROTJ versions in my mind. I'll just have to accept that it isn't there.

Despite the absence of the peak, I'd like to get mine repainted to a more screen-accurate version as well. The black tusk and gray nose bridge are 2 changes I'd like to make to mine. I also want mine to have a more gray overall paint scheme, as the ROTS version is the only all black Vader.

Here is a pic of Vader on the ANH set that I'd like to emulate in terms of paint:

ansonanhvad10nr.jpg

Maybe one day, statues and prop replicas will look synonymous, which is why I'm so excited about the new Cinemaquette line and the SS Predator maquette.

Looks very good. If I get some extra mone here (come tax time)...and find a spot for it, maybe I will get one after all...

:cool:

After doing a little research, I'm 99% positive that SS scanned an ESB helmet for this piece. I know that it was mentioned that the main pull for this helmet came from the LFL Archives. Well, there is no original ANH helmet in the archives. Between ANH and ESB, all of the ANH helmets went "missing" presumably into the hands of private collectors or from the various road shows. Therefore, Lucas had Vader's helmet redone for ESB, which results in the major differences between Ep. IV and Eps. V-VI.

SS helmet:

vadermask016ey.jpg

ESB helmet from similar angle:

esbvader5av.jpg

Granted, I'm absolutely excited about this release, but it makes for interesting discussion.:peace

These pics are really good!

MUCH better than the recent pics from Sideshow's site.

What a relief.

While not 100% perfect, it's really good and I know I am going to be happy now.

Wednesday is when he arrives for me.

So you've all seen pics, right? No need for Dave's riot-inducing photography?

Good!

So...#201/2000 - I never responded in the most anticipated piece thread, but this guy has to be it. I'm so glad stuff like this wasn't around when I was 8, I'd have been freaking out that I couldn't get it due to cost.

In fact he arrived early this morning but I couldn't open him because I had plans, but I didn't have to worry all afternoon that the Fedex guy would just leave me a little note. I did have to obssess all day about getting back to the apartment to open him though. When I finally returned I immediately put the Imperial March on and got to attacking the box.

Don't know why they went back to the styrofoam, I much preferred the cut foam, could be a different factory or something. It could also have to do with the how the arms are placed and having to twisty him to the styrofoam. Also the slip cover is cardboard with all the printing on it rather than having the plastic slip covers like Luke and Han.

You have to put the batteries in the base yourself, however there are instructions in the box. The saber hilt top/blade is a seperate piece that plugs in.

It's not obvious is bright light, but turn off the lights and the saber is fantastic! A tad brighter at the base, but it all depends on the angle you're looking at it. The light box lights are a bit pale, but really add to the look of him in the dark.

The cape was a bit difficult to get on, but I don't know how they could do it any different. The chain is metal and can go outside the helmet neck guard or under it.

There are some things I hadn't noticed but I'm sure are screen accurate. The boots are just front guards strapped around back. I guess this changed for later movies, if the Medicom Vader's boots are any indication. The codpiece is a bit high too, although it matches the prototype exactly. I'll have to look at the film again to see if it's that way in the film.

The helmet looks great - glossy where it should be and certainly looks big enough, even with the cape on. But I never had a problem with it before.

Ultimately - he's fantastic! I can't imagine how it could be better unless he started breathing hard and said, "...now I am the master!" Obi-wan has now just surpassed Doom as 2nd most anticipated. I can't wait to pose these guys together!

Dave,

PICS!!!

I want to see more. ;)

He looks marvelous, congrats to those who could get him. I hope the 12 inch looks half as good. The helmet looks really nice, but no red lens right?

Man that thing looks so much better than I thought it would when the final one came out. I'm so glad I got in on this piece.

Congrats on the Vader Robodad.

Enjoy it, it looks great.

Well, when you get on off the wait-list let me know. :wacky

0k, ok....Congrats to you too Josh. Maybe, I will be joining the ranks as well.

:google

Darklord Dave said:
So you've all seen pics, right? No need for Dave's riot-inducing photography?

Good!

So...#201/2000 - I never responded in the most anticipated piece thread, but this guy has to be it. I'm so glad stuff like this wasn't around when I was 8, I'd have been freaking out that I couldn't get it due to cost.

In fact he arrived early this morning but I couldn't open him because I had plans, but I didn't have to worry all afternoon that the Fedex guy would just leave me a little note. I did have to obssess all day about getting back to the apartment to open him though. When I finally returned I immediately put the Imperial March on and got to attacking the box.

Don't know why they went back to the styrofoam, I much preferred the cut foam, could be a different factory or something. It could also have to do with the how the arms are placed and having to twisty him to the styrofoam. Also the slip cover is cardboard with all the printing on it rather than having the plastic slip covers like Luke and Han.

You have to put the batteries in the base yourself, however there are instructions in the box. The saber hilt top/blade is a seperate piece that plugs in.

It's not obvious is bright light, but turn off the lights and the saber is fantastic! A tad brighter at the base, but it all depends on the angle you're looking at it. The light box lights are a bit pale, but really add to the look of him in the dark.

The cape was a bit difficult to get on, but I don't know how they could do it any different. The chain is metal and can go outside the helmet neck guard or under it.

There are some things I hadn't noticed but I'm sure are screen accurate. The boots are just front guards strapped around back. I guess this changed for later movies, if the Medicom Vader's boots are any indication. The codpiece is a bit high too, although it matches the prototype exactly. I'll have to look at the film again to see if it's that way in the film.

The helmet looks great - glossy where it should be and certainly looks big enough, even with the cape on. But I never had a problem with it before.

Ultimately - he's fantastic! I can't imagine how it could be better unless he started breathing hard and said, "...now I am the master!" Obi-wan has now just surpassed Doom as 2nd most anticipated. I can't wait to pose these guys together!

Excellent review Dave. I think all of us who've had this piece on order for so long are really anxious to get it. It's been nearly a year since I placed my order on 2/18/05.

I'm really happy for SS that this has been so universally praised across the various boards. I'm hoping that Vader will bring more people into the line and create a frenzy like the 12" line has done so far. We haven't had a new figure announcement in a while, so I can't WAIT to see what Toyfair brings. My speculation has been Boba Fett for a while, but we'll see.

One quick question: on all of the pictures I've seen, the cape looks great and wrinkle-free. Does it require any ironing or does it look great right out of the box?

Agent23 said:
Well, when you get on off the wait-list let me know. :wacky

0k, ok....Congrats to you too Josh. Maybe, I will be joining the ranks as well.

:google

I did better than the waitlist. I got one from the Godfather:banana

It's looking like a can't miss piece.

Back