V For Vendetta Absolute Edition - August 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The month after Absolute V For Vendetta comes out, they will be releasing the Absolute Edition of Alan Moore's Promethea. I haven't read it, but I'll pick it up and check it out since it was in my Gold Box today at Amazon and I might as well take advantage of the discount. I'm a sucker for those big old slipcased hardcover volumes.

The month after Absolute V For Vendetta comes out, they will be releasing the Absolute Edition of Alan Moore's Promethea. I haven't read it, but I'll pick it up and check it out since it was in my Gold Box today at Amazon and I might as well take advantage of the discount. I'm a sucker for those big old slipcased hardcover volumes.

If you think anything Alan Moore has done is dense and complex - it's not as dense and complex as Promethea. I loved that book, one of the few I bought as an actual single issue. I've been debating trying to complete the hard covers, but with an Absolute coming I don't need to.

Just don't let the kiddies get a hold of it - lots of exploration of a sexual nature (not graphic, but not for 10 year olds either).

If anyone is interested, "V for vendetta" on Blu Ray at target for $12 or $13. Normlly $25. Not clearance, just regular sale if any left on shelf. I got my stores last one.

Probably on sale cause of this new version to come out?

If anyone is interested, "V for vendetta" on Blu Ray at target for $12 or $13. Normlly $25. Not clearance, just regular sale if any left on shelf. I got my stores last one.

Probably on sale cause of this new version to come out?

Huh? There is no new movie version. This thread was about a new hard cover of the graphic novel...

Huh? There is no new movie version. This thread was about a new hard cover of the graphic novel...

my bad. Hence the"?" at end of my post. I didn't want to start a new thread about the sale, and just did a quick search, thought this place would be fitting, and didn't really read what the thread was about.

Anyway, DVD is on sale on Bluray at Target for CHEAP. 'Nuff said.

did anyone get this today?? i'm curious to see if i should jump on it yet. i have only read bits of the book and was planning on buying this when it came out, but the price is what's holding me back right now.
~~nevermind, i just realized it comes out next week and not this week.

Promethea was difficult to read to say the least, with all of Moore philosophical and mystical musings. Definately challlenging, but the art by JH Williams was fantastic.

Back