Action Figure UPDATED:Custom Nostromo Kane : FINISHED!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATED: HT Nostromo Kane : Custom fabric spacesuit (New sculpted gloves)

:thud: . . .

In order to assure that the gloves don't end up too big - I first sculpted hands gloved in normal tight-fitting gloves. These are much easier to scale to the body than padded gloves. Then once I got the scale of the normal hands right - I added sculpted padding.

They still look a little oversized in these pics, but it's because the arms don't have the padded sleeves yet....

kane17.jpg

kane18.jpg

kane19.jpg

awesome work all around...............:clap

and i see a kenner original alien to the back on a shelf.............FTW.........:yess:

You have an eye for details. Awesome job!

This is seriously one of the most impressive customs I have ever seen!!! Seriously jaw dropping!

Exactly what I was about to post.

This is easily shaping up to be the best 1/6 custom I have seen. Wonder what head it will have.....and how much you will sell it to me for!! :lol

awesome work all around...............:clap

and i see a kenner original alien to the back on a shelf.............FTW.........:yess:

Thanks for the compliments guys! :wink1:

Barryo: Yes- that's one of my prized items. I picked up that Kenner about 8 years ago :)

Mad Old Lu: The HT gloves would have been fine if it was maybe 20% smaller. They also left out the coolest feature imo - which were the lobster thumbs. And the way they sculpted the padding - it looked like the gloves were padded all around; when the actual gloves were padded just on the top.

Here are the gloves I made: cleaned up and with detail added:
kane20.jpg

Man, o' man, I love checking back to see Tin's updates.

The final sculpts for the gloves and the boots. For the gloves - just added more details overall. The boots I added sculpted fabric texture to it them a more organic feel like the movie.

kane21.jpg

kane22.jpg

Those gloves and boots are beautiful.
This custom will look epic!
Man i'm jalous lol
When you think you already have a really cool HT suit you see this project and cry ^^

SWEET FANCY MOSES! :google... :clap ...:bow.... :panic: ....:horror.....:thud:

This project is insane! Tinister, you are ludicrously skilled. Seriously, those sculpted gloves are phenomenal! Truly.

What an ambitious undertaking. I look over at my Hot Toys Kane and set it on fire :(

Thread subscribed.

Holy crap, this is some amazing work! All hail, this is one project HT should undoubtedly take notice of. Gloves look amazing, very professional and realistic. Boots, the same. I'm very impressed with how close your fabric looks to the actual suit, which only pushes the pro vibe even further! Great custom and I can not wait to see the final result.

:rock

Those gloves and boots are beautiful.
This custom will look epic!
Man i'm jalous lol
When you think you already have a really cool HT suit you see this project and cry ^^

SWEET FANCY MOSES! :google... :clap ...:bow.... :panic: ....:horror.....:thud:

This project is insane! Tinister, you are ludicrously skilled. Seriously, those sculpted gloves are phenomenal! Truly.

What an ambitious undertaking. I look over at my Hot Toys Kane and set it on fire :(

Thread subscribed.

Holy crap, this is some amazing work! All hail, this is one project HT should undoubtedly take notice of. Gloves look amazing, very professional and realistic. Boots, the same. I'm very impressed with how close your fabric looks to the actual suit, which only pushes the pro vibe even further! Great custom and I can not wait to see the final result.

:rock

:1-1:You guys are too kind :) I'm really happy with how it's shaping up too. I'll try to finish the trunk and arms of the suit this weekend. Sort of dreading the quilt work involved.

Making this fabric suit has made it clear to me why HT went with the rubber suits. It would have taken way too much time and manpower for them to make suits for each figure. And would have resulted in a figure that would been expensive. And they probably thought the market wasn't there.

Just amazing, tinister! Keep it going! I also look forward to seeing pics of the finished product.

Amazing work Tin! Congratulations on what is set to become a masterpiece.
Any chance you might offer some of the updates your doing for sale? Like gloves and boots?

Also, shouldn't this be in the Aliens/Robots section?

Probably asked this before but will you offer some boots and gloves?
If you do i'm definitly interested ^^
Planning on sculpting other parts?
I think there's a Hurt HS coming right?

Just amazing, tinister! Keep it going! I also look forward to seeing pics of the finished product.

Amazing work Tin! Congratulations on what is set to become a masterpiece.
Any chance you might offer some of the updates your doing for sale? Like gloves and boots?

Also, shouldn't this be in the Aliens/Robots section?

Probably asked this before but will you offer some boots and gloves?
If you do i'm definitly interested ^^
Planning on sculpting other parts?
I think there's a Hurt HS coming right?

Thanks fellas! :)

Olbertfrog & Abake: It should be easy to make duplicates of the gloves, boots and Hurt HS - so I may make some of those available later down the line. That's pretty much it as far as sculpted pieces.

I just about done with the top part of the suit. Update pics coming soon. Tin

Tin, have you seen the new "Alien - Vault" book?
Just picked it up yesterday. Some good suit ref in I have never seen before.

Tin, have you seen the new "Alien - Vault" book?
Just picked it up yesterday. Some good suit ref in I have never seen before.

Thanks for the word Rory! :) I'll check it out. At some point - I may make a second "uber accurate" suit since this current suit is far from 100% accurate.

I've refined the quilt stitch pattern so that it matches the real suits much better than on my earlier version of the suit. Still a lot of stitching involved unfortunately lol.

kane23.jpg

Okay. Didn't manage to finish as much as I wanted to before my trip - so he's gonna have to wait til I get back.

- Replaced all of the vinyl straps with leather straps. Took forever but the whole armor fits more secure now because the suede straps don't loosen up.

- Finished the trunk of the suit. Quilting took forever as usual. I ended up making the trunk as two pieces to allow poseability.

- Modified all of the buckles so that the fastener is square like on the real suit (instead of triangular).

Some quick pics. More when I get back from Vegas!

kane90_1.jpg
kane90_2.jpg

kane90_3.jpg
kane90_4.jpg

Back