Action Figure UPDATED:Custom Nostromo Kane : FINISHED!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Updated: HT Nostromo Kane : Custom fabric spacesuit (New Boot Sculpts)

Thanks Jmek! :wave

I actually found another photo of the boots so I updated the fron and the back of them. Will post update later.

It's turning out fantastic! Great job!

Thanks Mad Old Lu! :wave

I'm dreading making the top half of the suit. Doing that last - tons of stitching to get that quilted look. And unfortunately the entire trunk of the suit is quilted (and 1/3 of the arms).

When are you taking orders?
:)
Awesome!

When are you taking orders?
:)
Awesome!

Thanks Rory! :)Probably not on this figure. Would take too much time and I'd have to charge probably too much. I'm happy with how it's all coming along.

Although - I just sliced my thumb open with an X-acto blade working on it :monkey4

I replaced the plastic helmet collar with this padded fabric collar. It was a pain to cut out the helmet bracket (and I sliced my thumb in the process), but will be worth it because I can now have Kane posed with the helmet off.

The original plastic collar was way to thick both vertically and horizontally. The fabric collar will allow the helmet to sit more flushed to the shoulders - and will allow the shoulder pads to be placed closer inwards towards the sides of the helmet like in the movie.

I'll also be able to sew the collar to the suit - which will allow the helmet to be sit more tilted forward on the shoulders; allowing more of the head inside to be seen. Again - like in the movie. The original plastic collar forced the helmet to be mounted straight upright.

collar.jpg

Re: UPDATED: HT Nostromo Kane : Custom fabric spacesuit (Fabric Helmet Collar)

Allong with the foam padding - I placed wires in the collar so that it can be bent to conform snug to the shoulders. The original plastic shoulders were vertically about 2.5 times thicker than this fabric version and so the helmet, shoulders, and chest piece ended up looking small in comparison. Now everything balances out better.

collar3.jpg

Cleaned up the boots and added a couple details:

- The heel cuts inward at the bottom. You see this in a couple of shots from the movie. From the side - almost looks like the back of high-heel shoes.

- Increased the thickness of the sole around the front of the boot.

- Shaved down the thickness of the metal toe plates on the front.

The HT boots has the emergency reflective wire around the base of the boots, but I didn't see that detail on the boots in the movie so I left them off.

collar2.jpg

The lead shoes work really well in keeping the figure balanced:
collar4.jpg

Brilliant work Tin!
Looking forward to seeing it finished.

I'm impressed...P

Tthis is some damn impressive work, its looking great overall and those boots really make it pop.

This is an ambitious project, and thank you for sharing your progress and plans. Beautifully thought out.

Oh, and while my Dallas is fine, my Kane is in the box, so I'm another one who'll be pulling him out of the box this weekend! Thnx!!!

Brilliant work Tin!
Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Abake! Thanks man :wave I want to try to finish it before my work gets busy again.

I'm impressed...P

Thanks Wax :wave

Tthis is some damn impressive work, its looking great overall and those boots really make it pop.

Thanks Crimsonbob :wave

This is an ambitious project, and thank you for sharing your progress and plans. Beautifully thought out.

Oh, and while my Dallas is fine, my Kane is in the box, so I'm another one who'll be pulling him out of the box this weekend! Thnx!!!

Thanks Gruff :wave Definitely take him out of the box for a bit. The other guys who recently checked their boxed Kanes say the suit felt tacky. I think that's how it starts.

Awesome work!
Know the answer but have to ask, will you be offering suits, boots? ^^

Awesome work!
Know the answer but have to ask, will you be offering suits, boots? ^^

Thanks Olbertfrog! Probably not the suit for sure. Too complicated to make - I'd probably end up in the looney bin if I tried to do the quilting on another suit.

The boots shouldn't be too hard to make a cast of. We'll see.

Amazing work man... this is one awesome and ambitous project! Too bad there isn't a good Kane sculpt to go with all of this work :huh

And like others, mine have been on display so I'm not seeing any deterioration.

Amazing work man... this is one awesome and ambitous project! Too bad there isn't a good Kane sculpt to go with all of this work :huh

And like others, mine have been on display so I'm not seeing any deterioration.

Thanks Galactiboy! :)

I'm saving the Hurt hs for the final reveal :wink1:
It was a pain to carve out the Biggs Darklighter/Freddie Mercury face from the HT hs :lol

Last edited:

Excellent work so far! :clap Look forward to seeing it finished.

My Kane has been on display and thankfully the rubber still looks as good as when I bought it new.

Thanks VoidDweller! :)
Very nice 3D work btw!!!

Back