Action Figure UPDATED:Custom Nostromo Kane : FINISHED!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATED: HT Nostromo Kane : Custom fabric spacesuit (New sculpted gloves)

Just noticed that the gun holster and belt is hanging below his waist - and the buckle is on the wrong side. Makes his legs look short lol.

This is just too fantastic for words!!! You are just knocking this out of the park Tinister!

Hurry back from your trip :pray:

This is just too fantastic for words!!! You are just knocking this out of the park Tinister!

Hurry back from your trip :pray:

Thanks Galactiboy. I can't wait to finish him. Really all that needed is to make the sleeves and then sew them to the trunk.

And paint the gloves and boots. Not sure what colors yet since reference pics show two color schemes. Pics of the original suit on display show an almost military green pair of gloves - with an undertone of yellow or tan. But still images from the movie show sand or off-white gloves - with dark gray pads and a hint of yellow. My thinking is that the gloves on display have turned greenish with age - so I"m better off trying to match the color of the screengrabs.

The boots seem to be a light gray/blue - with the soles and straps being slightly darker than the body.

Then I can start the fun part - weathering out everything. The suit is so clean right now that it looks TOO bulky. Weathering with reduce that impression.

Last part will be the Hurt HS.

Re: UPDATED: HT Nostromo Kane : Custom fabric spacesuit (New Pics - 80% done)

I'd definitely go with the screen look... seems like its very common for odd things to happen to props over the years; they weren't made to last.

Simply amazing work, Tin! It's a rare talent to be able to one-up a Hot Toys figure to the extent you have!

Beautiful work!

Too awesome! Can't wait to see it finished, and with the torso area filled in, the big picture's definitely coming together.

Simply amazing work, Tin! It's a rare talent to be able to one-up a Hot Toys figure to the extent you have!

Beautiful work!

Too awesome! Can't wait to see it finished, and with the torso area filled in, the big picture's definitely coming together.

Thanks Mad Old Lu & Blade3327! :)

The torso part of the suit was more challenging than I expected. I really wanted the figure to be flexible at the waste. One of the faults of the HT rubber suit was that the figure was pretty much stuck in the upright position. You couldn't even risk simple poses (or the suit would tear).

But a rigid plastic figure doesn't conform to a fabric suit like the human body does. So a suit fitted perfectly to a plastic figure will still be restrictive at certain points. In this case - the small of the back and buttock area. When I sewed the torso to the pants - the suit prevented the figure from bending forward at the waist.

So I had to seperate the torso to two parts: A "waist" part that is sewn to the pants. then a "chest" part that over-hangs over the waist part and is only attached to the waist part at the front. This allows the back of the waist part of the suit to move freely up and down underneath the chest part when the figure bends forward at the waist.

This allows for the figure to be placed in subtle but very human poses - which is important since the suit is so bulky it conceals the human form.

kane90_5.jpg
kane90_6.jpg

Some shots in Alien-esque lighting :lol
kane90_7.jpg
kane90_8.jpg

holy cow ! I'm not really a fan of the first movie but this is just phenomenal work ! attention to detail is absolutely fantastic !!! btw, what material do you use for sculpting the gloves and boots ? again..they look incredible !

Rob

holy cow ! I'm not really a fan of the first movie but this is just phenomenal work ! attention to detail is absolutely fantastic !!! btw, what material do you use for sculpting the gloves and boots ? again..they look incredible !

Rob

Thanks Rob! :) For the gloves and boots - I use a clay called "Magic Sculpt". It's a two-component clay. When you kneed equal amounts together - you have roughly 2 hours to sculpt before it cures. Once it cures - you can chisel, carve, etc. I love it because it's easy to sculpt with. Not sticky - and if you wait about 15 minutes after mixing; it takes on a nice hardness that makes it super easy to handle while working. And once cured - it is hard as a rock, but yet carves easily.

Is a little expensive though. But I prefer it over heat curing clays.

it's just looking more and more phenomenal.......:clap

Mate that is probably the best alien custom there is. Your sewing abilities are awesome. Can't wait to see this finished.
Will you be offering any if your sculpted parts for sale
Ie boots, gloves and head.

Mate that is probably the best alien custom there is. Your sewing abilities are awesome. Can't wait to see this finished.
Will you be offering any if your sculpted parts for sale
Ie boots, gloves and head.

Thanks Dano! :) I will likely have the gloves, boots, and head available. The gloves and boots would be slightly different from the ones seen here. They will be more screen accurate since I expect to have better reference pics for them soon. These are definitely more accurate than the original HT sculpts, but not 100%.

I'll post a thread in commerce when those are available. Thanks mate!

Tin, enjoy Vegas mate, but please hurry back to finish off this amazing piece of customisation! Think of us all hanging here. :impatient::wink1:

Back