Action Figure UPDATED:Custom Nostromo Kane : FINISHED!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATED: HT Nostromo Kane : Custom fabric spacesuit (Fabric Helmet Collar)

lol. I'll post some updates soon. Have to focus on day job for a while.

Been super busy with work - and with July 4th activities.

Here are som updates. I basically decided that since I'm going through the trouble of making this suit from scratch - I might as well make it as close to Kan's suit in the movie as possible. So I went back and made the following changes:

- Changed the patch colors from the red/orange that HT got wrong to the light brown/orange that's closer to the movie suit.

- Changed up the quilt pattern to be more vertical patterned like in the movie.

- Changed the distinctive stitching on the thighs to a more accurate color, thickness, and cross pattern.

- Made matching quilted pockets for the back of both calves.

kane11.jpg
kane12.jpg

- Made matching cargo style front pockets.

- Added quilted back pocket.

- Sewed in elastic band around the ankle of the pants (makes adding the wool stuffing much easier).

- I made new straps for the shin guards using strips of suede leather. These were a pain to cut out so thin, but they work so much bettr than the original straps which would slowly loosen by themselves. These also so more authentic and scaled.

Used some of the suede straps to attach the should armor to the helmet frame.

That's pretty much it. Waiting on new shipment of Magic Sculpt to make the gloves and the Hurt head. Also need to get more material for the upper half of the suit.

Last edited:

Some pics of the revised pants:

kane3.jpg
kane4.jpg
kane5.jpg
kane6.jpg

Last edited:

Poseability is still pretty good in the legs:

kane8.jpg
kane10.jpg

Last edited:
Re: UPDATED: HT Nostromo Kane : Custom fabric spacesuit (New pics added)

Man, that's impressive. I'm running out of superlatives here. :)

That's looking soooooooooo good!

Ditto... just mind-blowing work!

And very interested to see "final reveal" head you've got coming :rock

Man, that's impressive. I'm running out of superlatives here. :)

Incredible. Just incredible.

Breathtaking stuff right here. :clap

Thanks guys! :) Man - I wish I had more time to work on him this week, but gotta put in extra hours at the day job. Hope to have more updates on Sunday.

Not one for the Alien license but I can certainly appreciate some kickass custom work. Phenomenal job bud! :clap:clap:clap

Thanks Nam! :)

The old helmet design used two rather large pegs towards the front bottom of the helmet to snap the helmet in place on the neck brace. The pegs were extremely long (because the neck brace was sculpted too tall) - and because there was only two pegs in front and none in the back; the fit was somewhat haphazzard with the helmet often popping up in the back.

When I modified the neck brace to fabric - the long pegs became useless so I clipped them off. Of course this meant that there was nothing holding the helmet to the neck brace. Which was a problem.

I finally came up with a solution that actually matches pretty close with how the movie helmets were fastened to the neck braces.

Refer to image:

I superglued four tiny plastic studs to the four protruding tabs on the neck brace frame. On the real suits - these tabs concealed large female push buttons that snapped tightly with male counterparts on the helmet. For the studs I used these tiny metal beads that are sold at Michael's - used to decorate jewelry.

The studs function like little hooks. When the helmet is pressed in place on the neck brace - the studs pop into catch points on the bottom brim of the helmet.

And because there are four snap points instead of the original two - the helmet fits both more securely, and is a perfect seal (no light coming in from the back).

Problem solved :)

kane13.jpg

Re: UPDATED: HT Nostromo Kane : Custom fabric spacesuit (Snap fitting helmet)

Researching reference pics for the gloves - I've come to the conclusion that HT based the design of their gloves on the pair that Ripley wears at the end of the movie (the white spacesuit). Those gloves are completely different from the pair Kane wears with his spacesuit.

The HT gloves were also about 20% too big for the rest of the body - so I decided to sculpt new gloves that are better scaled and more accurate to Kane's gloves.

Here is the rough blocking of the gloves. Once these cure - I will clean them up and add some wrinkles, creases, and dents. NOTE the "lobster" thumb and the pads between the thumb and index fingers.

kane14.jpg

Last edited:
Re: UPDATED: HT Nostromo Kane : Custom fabric spacesuit (New sculpted gloves)

In order to assure that the gloves don't end up too big - I first sculpted hands gloved in normal tight-fitting gloves. These are much easier to scale to the body than padded gloves. Then once I got the scale of the normal hands right - I added sculpted padding.

They still look a little oversized in these pics, but it's because the arms don't have the padded sleeves yet.

kane17.jpg
kane18.jpg
kane19.jpg

Last edited:

You have an eye for details. Awesome job!

This is seriously one of the most impressive customs I have ever seen!!! Seriously jaw dropping!

This is seriously one of the most impressive customs I have ever seen!!! Seriously jaw dropping!

Exactly what I was about to post.

This is easily shaping up to be the best 1/6 custom I have seen. Wonder what head it will have.....and how much you will sell it to me for!! :lol

Geez! That's just ridiculously good! Was re-doing the gloves really necessary, or was it solely to be accurate?

Back