UPDATE Man of Steel Superman *Last Post* -Gipetto's Workshop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gipetto's Workshop-(Re)Sculpts & Paint Jobs

Looks great! How did you do the texturing if I may ask?

thanks man!

for the texturing, i think it was on my 2nd or 3rd layer of base coat for the skin tone that I dry brushed instead of smoothly applying the paint to see what would happen and it gave me a nice looking texture. not too porous, but not unnoticeable. but for joker, it's a little too heavy IMO

Lookin' good G! And you're definitely improving in the photography department! :hi5:

Ah. Thanks for sharing. :)

to do list:

the-spirit-movie-poster-21.jpg

dk0058fd7.jpg

hot.jpg

What you gonna do on the Batman Begins ?

well nothing if I had the HT OC batman haha

but I have the Takara version which I'm ok with having but the more I look at the HT OC version I am more saddened buy how my Takara looks.

with that said, I'm going to make the two piece neck/head into 1 like it should be. I'm going to miss being able to turn the head, but movie accuracy demands almost no neck/head movement.

I'm also going to stuff the body up so he doesn't look so thin.

lastly I'm going to resculpt the mouth area to have more Bale in it.

also, that's why there are 2 Bale pics, one from begins and one from TDK. I'm resculpting the Bale head that came with the Takara version as well.

EDIT: I'm also adding better boots

Last edited:

I've been thinking about my Takara and considering how one might modify it without making the head and neck into one peice.

I was thinking of sanding down the upper neck (the part that is above the seam. Sand it so that it is a smooth transition from the upper to the lower part. This would make the plastic thinner, but I think it would work. Then just repaint it so that the whole cowl matches perfectly. The joint will still be there but it would be much less noticeable.

hmmm not sure I understand what you mean by sanding it down. but this is why I'm sculpting up the neck.

to get the perfect profile look
review_takbats_12.jpg

Ah, I see what you mean now.

I wasn't thinking of the profile. That part doesn't bother me. But I can see why sculpting would be necessary for that.

What I don't like is the straight on view. Because the head fits over the cowl, the top part of the neck is wider than the lower part where the seam is. I'm thinking that with some sanding the width difference would be much less noticeable. Then paint it up, and the seam virtually disappears. :)

and now I see what you mean too :hi5:

I'm just hoping I can manage to beef him up as good as you have. If I can do all that I want on this figure, I think I will then (unless OCD gets to me :lol) have no need for an HT OC Bats

I'm on the fence right now regarding the OC Batman.

I have been given a pretty good offer for him, but I have some issues with it. (It's a long story.)

With the announcement of the Fear Toxin Batman (which is just a variant of the OC Bats) I am leaning towards not getting the OC Batman.

Yea I get you on that. That's why I'm trying to make my Takara satifactory and look and feel more like a HT product I guess so it will fit in more with the rest. Same with my Medi Bruce Wayne. I think I've turned into one of those ppl that has to have all Hot Toys NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Yeah, it's a disease. :sick

Do you have that disease? Afer looking through your collection thread, you seem to just collect what you want, which is good. I do that but after owning a lot more HT figs I'm getting hooked. But I actually want Medicom's second OC Batman and put him on medi's TDK body and beef him up but that's only an extra project I'd do as a gift for my brother

Last edited:

Do you have that disease? Afer looking through your collection thread, you seem to just collect what you want, which is good.

Well, although my collection is still dominated by Sideshow stuff, Hot Toys is slowly catching up. And I am definitely starting to compare everything to HT. :(

Back