UPDATE Man of Steel Superman *Last Post* -Gipetto's Workshop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gipetto's Workshop-(Re)Sculpts & Paint Jobs

Great work man! Never would have guessed that used to be the DCD sculpt. The hair looks amazing too, some of the best 1/6 hair I've seen yet to be honest.

thank you so much! means a lot to hear such kind words!

Gipetto, I am truly in awe of your talent! I cant believe you made that kind of progress in 2 years! :bow

I cant believe you waited until now to post pics of that Joker. It's really fantastic! I know that if you show it off somewhere in the DC forum people will love it!

A quick question:

How did you acquire "movie accurate" socks, suspenders, and tie? Who made them?

WOW! thanks so much Mag! :hi5: :clap :1-1:

I've waited mostly b/c of 2 reason: 1) wanted to wait until I found the DX vest, sportscoat, and overcoat and 2) scared to post it in the DC forum as some ppl can be ruthless :lol

and did all those corrections. no one made them for me. the socks, I just painted over the HT ones as well as the tie.

now the suspenders were a doosey :lol I found the pattern online and replicated it in appropriate scale, and then printed it on smooth cardstock paper.
then, I stripped a cheap pleather belt I had and superglued the pattern onto the thin pleather "skin" so to speak. then cut the pieces out and made the appropriate connections. lastly, I used a black twist tie to loop through and glue onto the pants. that was it haha

oh and I just recently saw inception, and been meaning to tell you that you're L. DiCaprio sculpt is spot on!

Wow! That sounds like a lot of work! Nice job! :hi5:

And I am not a sculptor. I'm using the Cobb sculpt with the permission of it's creator sunohc. He is one of the most talented sculptors here.

Here's his thread: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15605

Here's the thread for those of us using sunohc's sculpts: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80556

This is my first time doing a from scratch custom bash. Before this the closest I had come was the nurse Joker.

I'm really excited about the Inception bash because I loved the movie so much. It's easily in my top 5 favorite movies of all time. :rock

Ooh ok gotcha. Yea I've been in his thread. He's very talented

Are you going to paint it up yourself?

I really loved the movie as well. Simply mind-blowing! I think I hardly even blinked the whole time! Afterwards I realized why ppl hoped HT would pick up the license or at lease dish out HS on TT bodies like they did with gambit.
Once you do the bash, where would you post it as I will love to see how it turns out! Good luck with it buddy!

I hope to have Small Studios paint it for me. He isn't cheap, but I really want these to be special.

Keep an eye on the Inception thread. I will be posting update pics all through the bash. :)

I hope to have Small Studios paint it for me. He isn't cheap, but I really want these to be special.

Keep an eye on the Inception thread. I will be posting update pics all through the bash. :)
awesome! will do bro! good luck on it!

Some amazing work in here - where's your Medi Bats?
Thanks void! and he'll be here later tonight haha I've been doing some last adjustments to him with the 8pack or whatever it is :lol just have to paint it up today

Said it in the other thread, but I can't believe that's the DCD sculpt! Fantastic work.

thanks man! just saw you're post in my joker thread and I thank you so much for your kind words!

i think this is as clear as I'm ever going to get. hope you guys like these better than the other ones :pray: :) Thanks for looking!!!

SAM_0863.jpg

SAM_0878.jpg

SAM_0875.jpg

SAM_0877.jpg

That DCD joker is great! The progression picture a few pages back is cool to look at, too!

That DCD joker is great! The progression picture a few pages back is cool to look at, too!
thanks man! yea it's hard for me even to believe that I kept on this guys after 2 years lol

Outstanding! :rock

I wish I understood how you guys get the "real" hair to blend into the sculpt like that. It really looks fantastic here!

thanks Mag!

and trust me it was no easy task, at least for me to get the hair like that. for the "comb over" i just sculpted right on top of the orignally glued on "real hair" and just tried to match up all the lines in the hair

for the behind the ear combo, I laid in pieces of the hair un glued, but put the sculpting clay right on top so it would stick in then again matched up the lines in the hairs.

but then sealed it all so non would come loose without some good tug and pull

and that's how i did it. put that was found out after loads of trial and error :lol

I didn't understand any of that. :lol

All I know is you did a great job. :)

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Yea it is a bit tricky to explain through writing. I even went back and re-read it and it wouldn't of made sense to me either :lol

And thanks again bud!

I know I've said it a lot, but comments like yours and ones others have shared really do mean a lot so thanks bud :rock!!!

Gipetto you are one bad motha, great work

Love the new sig!!! :rock

Your name proves to be very fitting! :clap

You don't have to change anything for me, but your sig is gonna drive me crazy until you center everything nicely. :lol

lol thanks bud

my brother made the sign, he's a lead artist at the moment at a gaming company called Digital Chocolate. they make iPhone games from what he's told me

and I edited the sig a bit to make joker look more like the center piece. it does indeed look better so thanks for mentioning something about it :hi5:

Heh, that's not what I meant. :eek:

I didn't notice anything wrong with the sig itself, although Joker does look great in the middle. :)

I was suggesting you do this:

Or even better yet, you could make the picture itself a link, like this:

A lot of the cool kids like King Darkness and MaulFan do it that way. ^^^

P.S. A while back I started a thread about putting links in the signature because I couldn't get it to work. I was told the newer members like myself couldn't do it... all have to try it again...

Back