UPDATE Man of Steel Superman *Last Post* -Gipetto's Workshop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gipetto's Workshop-(Re)Sculpts & Paint Jobs

Looks to be a reworked Takara one to me.

Great work Steven, love that Aragorn! :rock

Bale looks great so far mate, is that a sculpt from scratch or a modified sculpt? Keep up the good work
thanks man! still needs some wok, but won't be able to fix it until I go home again. and as Snake has said, it is a complete make over of the Takara Head. Only thing that's left of the Takara is the nose and eyes. the back of the hair will be redon as well, but I needed to hold onto it from somewhere :lol

Looks to be a reworked Takara one to me.

Great work Steven, love that Aragorn! :rock

yep you're exactly right bud

and thanks for the love! Aragorn is my favorite repaint next to Obi-wan and it just sucks to not be able to capture how awesome it looks in hand :gah:

BW2.jpg

BW4.jpg

This is coming along very nicely! The profile in particular is totally Bale! :clap

Here's some constructive criticism: the scar (or vein... or whatever that is) under his right eye is to big and prominent.

The area around his mouth needs to be shaved down a bit. It looks puffy around his mouth.

Can't wait to see more. :)

This is coming along very nicely! The profile in particular is totally Bale! :clap

Here's some constructive criticism: the scar (or vein... or whatever that is) under his right eye is to big and prominent.

The area around his mouth needs to be shaved down a bit. It looks puffy around his mouth.

Can't wait to see more. :)

hey Mag thanks for the tips there! yea definitely can't wait to have a go at this guy again.

and all the things you pointed out are exactly the flaws that came into fruition once I put the white base coat on. the mouth definitely looks too puffy. looks like a bad case of botox :lol

and the vein thing you're very right about too. I'm going to look to see how HT made it on their Bale sculpts b/c I think it's a tad low too

what size is that?
Seems like either you have big hands or that's a small head
Sculpt looks good though.

what size is that?
Seems like either you have big hands or that's a small head
Sculpt looks good though.

it's a little bit of both actually :lol

I'm 6'4" with that said, I have some pretty big hands. big enough to grip a basketball with ease if that helps with any reference

but that is the Takara head completely overhauled. I'd say it's a smidgen small but not such a big difference compared to any other 1/6 figure save a Pred :lol

Looking good so far mate !
It's pretty tough to judge it 'cause of the different shades of grey, but you on the good track !

Yeah I agree around the mouth looks a little puffy. Also great attention to detail on the wierd little thing under his right eye mate! :lol

Y'know to really set this thing off it would be great if you got his wierd, angular nose down. All the sculpts of him so far don't have his wierd nose off the top of my head. I guess that thing must have been broke a few times :lol

Hey guys just wanted to say to look forward to next week! I have a new head I'm going to start to work on. Possibly from scratch?! who knows!

Decided to put Bruce Wayne down as I feel a tad punked and lesser sculptor at the moment after seeing Adam's :lol

so to up my spirits figured I do one that I have yet to see someone do. well there is a similar one out there, but you'll see when you see :) stay tuned after this Wednesday! :rock

Hey bro!! where ur bale head?

Decided to put Bruce Wayne down as I feel a tad punked and lesser sculptor at the moment after seeing Adam's :lol

So Bale has been put to the side for now :( but don't worry, I have a new sculpt getting done. Will post some pics by tomorrow hopefully

teaser of my original sculpt :) more pics when it's light out
BRJoker-Teaser.jpg

Last edited:

Based off of this screencap:
BRJoker1.jpg

Here is my first from scratch custom head:
SAM_1186.jpg

SAM_1184.jpg

SAM_1180.jpg

Last edited:

the ones in the yellow light show the paint apps a bit better. no sure why the ones in natural light are making the paint look so intense meaning the black around the eyes looks really black and the white looks really white, when in reality that's not the case. on the actual head, you can see the skin tone peep through a bit like it's supposed to
SAM_1198.jpg

SAM_1181.jpg

SAM_1182.jpg

SAM_1196.jpg

SAM_1185.jpg

Nice work G! Very impressive for a first full sculpt! :clap

Great photos too!

I really like the way the face looks from this angle:

What did you use for hair?

Also, is that the DC mask?

Nice work G! Very impressive for a first full sculpt! :clap

Great photos too!

I really like the way the face looks from this angle:

thanks Mag! yea he looks best from that kind of angle. I just wish i could capture the paint apps better with the camera. need to mess with all the little things on my camera you told me about.

What did you use for hair?

Also, is that the DC mask?

I used the same hair that I used with my DCD Resculpt. It was from a pack of Santa Claus beard hair I got from a craft store.

and that is indeed the DCD Mask.

thanks Mag! yea he looks best from that kind of angle. I just wish i could capture the paint apps better with the camera....

If I could give constructive criticism, the eyes need a bit more detail imo. Your DCD Joker has much more realistic eyes, so I know you have it in you. :)

And these eyes are amazing:

If I could give constructive criticism, the eyes need a bit more detail imo. Your DCD Joker has much more realistic eyes, so I know you have it in you. :)

And these eyes are amazing:

thanks man! I always welcome constructive criticism :)

and I know man! the eyes are what is killing me. I was just trying to get it done as it's a Christmas gift so I needed it to be mostly done before break was over b/c it's going to be shipped out within the next 2 weeks so i needed the overall thing done. but now that it is done, I can go back and concentrate on the eyes alone and make some tweaks here and their when i go back home this coming weekend

and thanks for the praise on Anakin's eyes. definitely my favorite eyes that I've painted, but then I wasn't crunched for time :lol i spent like 6 hours on Anakin's eyes haha

Cool. I look forward to more updates. :)

Back