Update and Master List for custom work from DarkArtist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 3 weeks it will be the 2 year anniversary of when I sent him 3 heads and over 100 bucks. I'm glad Carl is taking care of this!

Carl's been super busy with work - he's hoping to meet up with Josh around the middle of October.

Good news - is he has remained in contact with Josh about this...so right now we are just waiting for some time to clear up for Carl so he can travel to Josh's.

I live about an hour and a half from Josh and travel to the Gulf Coast all the time to go to the beach. If it's easier on Carl, I can make the trip in the next two weeks if everyone is cool with it. I know I have some items I'm ready to get back and it seems like this keeps getting delayed so I'm volunteering to put it to bed so we can all move beyond it.

I live about an hour and a half from Josh and travel to the Gulf Coast all the time to go to the beach. If it's easier on Carl, I can make the trip in the next two weeks if everyone is cool with it. I know I have some items I'm ready to get back and it seems like this keeps getting delayed so I'm volunteering to put it to bed so we can all move beyond it.

If you are interested, maybe you could PM Carl and something could be worked out.

I'm down with this. Makes more sense since you live that much closer. Whatever takes to help stop these delays.

I just wanted to check in here and let everyone know that their stuff is still here, safe and not lost.

I also just wanted to say that I will continue to try and make it right for those that waited so long. A lot of people will be getting half completed or not even half completed work, and I sincerely apologize for that... especially those that waited for.. dare I say it.. years. I hate that it's gotten that bad... but there it is.

I haven't been able to work on paint stuff for a very long time. But everything is here and once I get confirmation from Carl for his visit, it will be packed up and ready to go.

I've been very busy with my Wife, she is now 16 weeks pregnant and we are preparing for our child. My focus has been on her, as well as working to pay the bills. I've done small jobs here and there, mowing lawns and cleaning up plots of land. I worked at GNC for a couple of weeks and now am about to start a good job at a local school. I'm also still pursuing my Bachelor's degree, so I've been busy on that front as always. My life has changed quite a bit since I took my last order.

I want to reiterate that I never set out to screw anyone over, I truly didn't. But I did screw up. I took pre orders when I shouldn't have, I set deadlines that were impossible to meet, and I slowly but surely drowned myself in my own work. It was my fault and I take the blame entirely. I've sold 90% of my collection, suffered mentally, and lost professional credibility and respect for my lapses in judgment and my inability to set it right swiftly. I apologize to you all for that.

I'm not going to look for forgiveness, I don't want it nor have I earned it. I just want to make sure everyone gets their stuff, and that we all can walk away from this with the least amount of loss possible. Refunds are impossible at this point, save for those like Craw being refunded for shipping (And you will Craw, no need to have anyone hold my feet and "shake" it out of me). But I will not forget those that I owe, and once I am stable and can afford it.. I will find a way to get those settled. You guys deserve that, at the very least.

In summation, just know that I learned my lesson. You won't see another artist with a "new" name selling my work, nor will you ever see me do another pre order. If I ever make figures for sale again, they will be complete and ready to ship. I will never allow something like this to ever go down. I won't be taking people's heads, nor statues and holding them for half a decade. I won't be taking money for work that will be completed later... and I won't allow my desk to fill up with work to be done months later. It's not right and I don't want to let that happen again.

In summation, just know that I learned my lesson. You won't see another artist with a "new" name selling my work, nor will you ever see me do another pre order. If I ever make figures for sale again, they will be complete and ready to ship.

Just curious, why do you still have active Paypal links for pre-ordering figures on your web store site?

Congratulations on the baby, Josh (and Therese). Way to keep focused on what's truly important. :duff

Last edited by a moderator:
Consider yourselves warned, this thread is strictly for the coordination to get everyone back their stuff that Josh has, if you have no outstanding business with him, stay out, this situation is a mess as is and doesn't need unnecessary input.

For those who are participating in this, keep the chat focused on that objective.

Any personal attacking will be promptly infracted.

Last edited:
Consider yourselves warned, this thread is strictly for the coorfination to get everyone back their stuff that Josh has, if you have no outstanding business with him, stay out, this situation is a mess as is and doesn't need unnecessary input.

For those who are participating in this, keep the chat focused on that objective.

Any personal attacking will be promptly infracted.
Pfffft.....

I suppose it has actually all gotten rather touchy. :S

It's a mess, and I think everyone can agree, at this point, all that matters is getting this resolved in some way, the end result may not be what everyone had hoped for, but if things can be arranged so that everyone at least gets some resolution, great, it's better than situations where people have been left with absolutely nothing.

I understand people's frustrations in this situation, but I think after this whole return program goes down is a better time to vent that, and let nothing hinder or affect getting this return thing to happen. While some may feel even this latest effort is a false hope, it's more than nothing, better to give it a chance and let it happen than risk taking any action that could hinder it.

does coorfination mean getting acclimated to coors beer?....................:dunno

Back