Universal's Dark Universe (Monster Universe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do monsters need to connect anyway? It's not like they are going to join forces to fight a greater evil. Makes no sense. Like how is wolfman going to connect with the likes of the mummy ?

I'm excited for this as much as the classics should never be remade especially the Universal Monsters. I'm interested in the shared universe. Some of the older films did connect with all the monsters being in 1 film before so really not sure why you guys think they are trying to pull an Avengers. It's already been done within the Universal Monster films. Frankenstein meets the Wolf-Man, House of Frankenstein, House of Dracula, Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

The franchise needs to keep things seperate. No more shared universes are needed.

I Agree 100% with ApeManRyan. My guess is, this is the shared opinion of some of the members on this forum who are younger and not very familiar with the original films (not the original novels) the new films are going to be based on. I was quite young in the 1970s and watched these on Saturday afternoon and or late night TV and always just connected the films to exist in the same universe. They studio cross pollinated these films on several occassions decades before the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This is not a new concept for Universal Studios - they are merely revisiting the idea again. It is popular and trendy to connect franchises in films today but Universal Studios was doing that DECADES before it was popular and trendy in films.
Abbott_and_Costello_Meet_Frankenstein_0002-1461420453-726x388.jpgfrankenstein-dracula-fb.jpg960.jpg

They kind of ruined the Mummy already by making him a hot chick. :dunno

I hope Frankenstein's monster looks like the original Universal monster, with similar makeup and costume. Nothing beats the original, and there isn't a single alternate version that is more iconic that the classic Karloff monster.

They kind of ruined the Mummy already by making him a hot chick. :dunno

I hope Frankenstein's monster looks like the original Universal monster, with similar makeup and costume. Nothing beats the original, and there isn't a single alternate version that is more iconic that the classic Karloff monster.

You've obviously never seen I, Frankenstein. Sad!

I thought the earlier plan was to have the terrible Dracula prequel movie from a few years back be the first part in this "universe." And that seemed to be the approach.

He should have been in a team with the old Captain Atom.

QMKP2N5.jpg
This comic was a little more recent but not terribly successful.

I very much hate this overlap idea....unless what they're doing is just returning to their horror roots without overlapping them. They're all in their Classic Horror Universe but they don't meet and share a coffee.

I'm profoundly disappointed that they're not going Horror on this. As was said...pg-13 action. I don't forsee anything dark about this.

This just seems like an attempt to cash grab.
20f63eec4ed6fb513f9d368a3bb1eed8.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Back