Universal's Dark Universe (Monster Universe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pffft. How about Creature Commando Private Taylor!!

Weird+War+Tales+%2393+-+Page+6.jpg

That's a team DC should make a movie on and include the Blackhawks and Sgt Rock.

That was horrible, same as the Deniro version, the Van Helsing monster, and the recent Victor Frankenstein film monster. To me Boris Karlof is the definitive monster. I'll even take Herman Munster over any of the other film versions.
Karloff CRUSHED the Mummy and Frank roles. Amazing work.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

That was horrible, same as the Deniro version, the Van Helsing monster, and the recent Victor Frankenstein film monster. To me Boris Karlof is the definitive monster. I'll even take Herman Munster over any of the other film versions.
You can't take them out of context and compare. Especially the "Van Helsing" one (which I actually like a lot) and "I, Frank".

Franky will act like Drax and he will be wise-crakin jokes to entertain everybody

You can't take them out of context and compare. Especially the "Van Helsing" one (which I actually like a lot) and "I, Frank".

I just haven't seen a better, more iconic design than the one in the original film. It's timeless and perfect, even though it's not accurate to the novel. Still, all the elements that made the character recognizable come from the movie.

After seeing what Universal is doing with the Mummy, I bet Bardem will look like the novel's monster, which hasn't been done yet in a big studio movie. He'll have yellow translucent skin which shows the veins and muscles, long flowing black hair, and maybe the glowing eyes and black lips since it's very Jokerish and ironically, modern.

I just haven't seen a better, more iconic design than the one in the original film. It's timeless and perfect, even though it's not accurate to the novel. Still, all the elements that made the character recognizable come from the movie.

After seeing wat Universal is doing with the Mummy, I bet Bardem will look like the novel's monster, which hasn't been done yet in a big studio movie. He'll have yellow translucent skin which shows the veins and muscles, long flowing black hair, and maybe the glowing eyes and black lips since it's very Jokerish and ironically, modern.
Based on money and Universal's certain desire to suck money from our pockets these will be mass market appeal movies. The Mummy looks generic action. Hot girl, Tom Cruise...thus all seems very safe. I expect all of these movies to be aesthetically and thematically quite similar. So I'm expecting quite the deviation from the originals and for it to more closely resemble Van Hellsing. Sadly.

I expect little "Darkness" from Universal Dark.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

After seeing what Universal is doing with the Mummy, I bet Bardem will look like the novel's monster, which hasn't been done yet in a big studio movie. He'll have yellow translucent skin which shows the veins and muscles, long flowing black hair, and maybe the glowing eyes and black lips since it's very Jokerish and ironically, modern.

Penny Dreadful was pretty close

Anyone seeing The Mummy this Friday? I'm going to a showing tomorrow before I got on my trip.

Back