Underrated Horror Films?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those vampire vs. werewolf movies are pretty damn terrible, from what I've seen. I would say that they are over-rated. Having some hot chick that people fawn over does not a good movie make, IMO.

more sci-fi than horror, IMO.

i barely remember if they had the agility, strength nor speed vampires poses. come to think of it...they were just blood sucking, gun wielding peeps that goes toasty with sunshine.:cuckoo:

They had some strength, but they also cannot be seen in a mirror. Red eyes, drinks blood, cant go into the sun.....they were traditional vamps.

They had some strength, but they also cannot be seen in a mirror. Red eyes, drinks blood, cant go into the sun.....they were traditional vamps.

not utilized much in the movie though...the retrieval units/commandos didnt show much.

Any of you see the BBC series Ultraviolet?

I thought that was a cool spin on the vampire.

They showed a ton of stuff in the movie. I just watched it a week ago. They did a great job utilizing the vampire culture.

They showed a ton of stuff in the movie. I just watched it a week ago. They did a great job utilizing the vampire culture.

uhhhm, those vampire commandos got military grade armor at their disposal...vs. old school crossbows. :pray:

...hobo vampires?:pray:

maybe i had my expectations up....
expecting more from that ninja assassin moves from a vampire perhaps.

Its not so much a conventional film, but anyone looking for a real "WTF?!?!?" experience should check out Begotten.

Helz yeah!!!

I forgot about Begotten.

Artsy, but definitely not for the faint of heart.The opening scene still haunts me. *shudder*

how about G. Romero's vampire-ish movie, Martin, for underrated?

I liked Martin.

Not sure it would be in my list for this thread though.

...yeah when I first seen paranaormal activity...thats all I kept waiting for was to see that chicks boobs just flow out with love. I kept waiting and waiting and nothing... :(

I seen Begotten and didnt really think much of it besides an artsy flick, kind of the same way I think about The Flowers of Flesh and Blood. It was so hyped at the time and it was awesome for what it was, but it wasnt what people hyped it up to be then slowly faded away, but I did think it was worth the buy as it sits in my collection as one of my favorite special FX films.

Its not so much a conventional film, but anyone looking for a real "WTF?!?!?" experience should check out Begotten.
I don't think that movie has any redeeming qualities. You can look hard enough at anything and consider it art. It is akin to that Human Centipede movie, in my opinion. Just something that was created for the sole purpose of disgusting people. I know there is an audience for that kind of thing, sadly.

Back