UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End - PS4 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it gets the job done, honestly. Plus the biggest thing to get out of this was the thievish bond between Sully and Nathan. Your standard Uncharted "guy has a bad relationship with the bad guy because of a job gone wrong or screwed", and we see Elena as a non-bitchy, interesting, and non-damsel character. We really haven't seen many supporting females that actually turn to be badass. Ellie and Elena have done it for me. We do have headliners like Lara, but I'm just glad to see even the supporting characters aren't utterly useless.

So you're asking him to buy the Nate Collection and waste 13 bucks out of a $40 collection?
The collection drops to as low as $20...

The Remasters do hold up very well, though you can tell Uncharted 1 is quite dated in some ways. I died mostly due to platforming issues, that rarely happened in Uncharted 2 or 3, and those two hold up extremely well. Uncharted 3 is even better then I remember.

I think it's highly unlikely that we will get another uncharted any time in the next 10 years. At best we get The Last of Us 2 next, and then they will definitely be doing something completely different after that.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-nathan-4-deposits-nathan3-head-sculptor.html

13221519_1141492119236328_5619676939351668588_n.jpg

Last edited:
$10 says we get a Uncharted 5 by PS5. :lol
Might as well give it to us now, you who know nothing of the mighty Naughty Dog
I think it's highly unlikely that we will get another uncharted any time in the next 10 years. At best we get The Last of Us 2 next, and then they will definitely be doing something completely different after that.
If there's Uncharted 5 it won't be Drake, very certain of that. TLoU 2 would be some other group probably.

Might as well give it to us now, you who know nothing of the mighty Naughty Dog If there's Uncharted 5 it won't be Drake, very certain of that. TLoU 2 would be some other group probably.

Yo, I do so. NDI sold Crash and then rebought Crash rights. So who's to say and honestly IF there's ever a UC5 it'll be...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yo, I do so. NDI sold Crash and then rebought Crash rights. So who's to say and honestly IF there's ever a UC5 it'll be...

Spoiler Spoiler:

SOLD!:rotfl

I beat the game last night and it was definitely one of those games that's worth the hype. The ending harkens back to the previous 3 games and I thought was done beautifully. My only real nitpick of the game is that sometimes it felt too Last Of Drakes than Uncharted, but that's a nitpick at best.

having a blast so far. The graphics didn't really wow me until Madagascar. Its definitely a lot of same old, but I'm loving it every second. These are the types of games I bought a ps4 for, light years better than the openworld walk around forever games. A new Arkham game should 100% start copying this formula. It's funny how some people call some of it slow, i'm enjoying the slow parts way more than the park the car and take out everyone parts. Wishing I could play this a little faster though, I keep forgetting what is even happening in the story.

Finished it today. Storywise, it might be the best of them. Gameplay and AI is just like the previous games, nothing feels new and fresh so this game didn't give me much to talk about to be honest. So many simple things they could have changed and added when they had quite a few years to develop it. When the game is mostly with a partner it would be cool to use that as your advantage when stealth approaching enemies.

It's not worse than previous games that's not what im saying, just that they didn't bother taking the gameplay a step further, because the potential was definitely there. Plenty of room for improvement.

I finished the game last night. I agree there wasn't much in the way of innovation compared to previous game, but I don't care about that. I was playing for the story and I thought it was perfect. Definitely playing it again and will try to platinum the game.

What missing innovation do you put in story campaign for Uncharted? :dunno

Narratively/Pace wise they put in two or three The Last of Us type chapters. They added the rope hook swinging and rock sliding, and pretty much ripped the pick axe climbing from the new Tomb Raider and God of War (although it was kind of cool the way the co-ordination of it seems very natural and organic). The chapter on the island after getting shipwrecked the climbing was very slippery and 'tired'. The jeep levels borrowed a lot from MGS4 exploration, and threw in winch progression puzzles..

This was by far the most 'different' game in the entire series. Uncharted 3 barely even tweaked the Uncharted 2 formula, and half of what they added then didn't work that well.. (brute melee fighting was clunky and unnecessary. Uncharted 4 has a much more consistent and better overall melee element.)

I just don’t see how this story was great, a lot of the main characters were underused, the ending felt rushed and completely anticlimactic. The villains, especially the main one were forgettable. I thought the gameplay was solid, there just wasn’t enough combat, the pacing wasn’t very good, and the best set piece in the game they spoiled months ago. The graphics were amazing, the voice acting and motion capture was impeccable, the way Drake interacts with almost everything in the environment was incredible, but thats were the great things about the game ended.

Back