UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End - PS4 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished it. It didn't wow me like 2 did (still the best one imo). It was gorgeous. Dragged a bit at times. The ending was missing something that was recently alluded to in spoiler tags above. It had a nostalgic feel at the end at sad to see it end but..the climax felt underwhelming.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes I wasn't entirely happy with the ending I must say.

I like the epilogue (though it should have been a little shorter...) but the ending itself, well.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I know what the series is supposed to be. But the emotion seeems shoehorned in at the end and didn't work for me.

If they wanted to tug on a few heartstrings that's what I would have liked to see.

Well I personally enjoyed the epilogue and was completely 100% satisfied with how UC4 ended. And it was kind of a punch to the feels for me knowing that this is the last time we (maybe) will see these characters again. I liked the way it provided some peaceful closure instead of sequel baiting and having one last hurrah scene where Drake swings towards the camera and roll credits screen appears. So for me I was satisfied. :)

Spoiler Spoiler:
I must say, though, that I thought Elena was a brilliantly realized character throughout the game. Her facial expressions were really something else, especially the look on her face when Nate can't beat her high score. :lol I don't know if it was the mo cap but she felt like a real woman and not just a character model with a voice coming out of it. Was also glad she wasn't reduced to a damsel in distress.

And as silly as it sounds, chapter 4 and that lift scene in chapter 17 with them together just talking were among some the stand out moments in the game for me. Only Naughty Dog can take simple levels or moments like this and make them memorable. Like the Giraffe scene in TLOU. :(

Quick question guys, I'll be trying to play this in twoish days with a friend of mine from out of town. About how long is the campaign if you sit and grind it?

Quick question guys, I'll be trying to play this in twoish days with a friend of mine from out of town. About how long is the campaign if you sit and grind it?

Perhaps you could finish this in two days, but highly not recommended. The developers said to take your time going trough it, and after beating it I see why.

Perhaps you could finish this in two days, but highly not recommended. The developers said to take your time going trough it, and after beating it I see why.
Dang. I don't have a PS4, and her and I are "splitting" the collector's edition (I wanted the steelbook and artbook, she gets all game related stuff). I'm visiting over the weekend and we're estimating about 15 hours possible to play it in total. I hate to rush it but it's really my only opportunity to play it. I usually like to make games last.

Dang. I don't have a PS4, and her and I are "splitting" the collector's edition (I wanted the steelbook and artbook, she gets all game related stuff). I'm visiting over the weekend and we're estimating about 15 hours possible to play it in total. I hate to rush it but it's really my only opportunity to play it. I usually like to make games last.

Hmm, 15 is okay I guess, way better than some people who beat it in 12. If you could stretch it out to 16-18 that would be even better while 20 is certainly ideal. There are a plenty of hidden Easter Eggs, alternate routes and conversations plus things to see that aren't in the direct path of the main campaign. Plus the game is much slower paced than what you'd expect from an Uncharted game.

Hmm, 15 is okay I guess, way better than some people who beat it in 12. If you could stretch it out to 16-18 that would be even better while 20 is certainly ideal. There are a plenty of hidden Easter Eggs, alternate routes and conversations plus things to see that aren't in the direct path of the main campaign. Plus the game is much slower paced than what you'd expect from an Uncharted game.
We'll do our best to keep an eye out as we play. Do you have anything, without teetering into spoilers that you highly recommend we pay attention to since this is going to be a bit more of a condensed run?

We'll do our best to keep an eye out as we play. Do you have anything, without teetering into spoilers that you highly recommend we pay attention to since this is going to be a bit more of a condensed run?

Yeah, when you reach the market from the E3 demo, try to explore everything. Also, always read Nate's journal from time to time and try to at least give a quick sweep of an area that you're at before moving on, there might be a conversation, treasure, journal entry, a whale, or anything really.

Stealth is also almost always an option now, even if you're detected, you can run away and hide and the enemies will loose sight of you again. If you like playing stealthily that is.

And finally, the best advice is to just relax into the game and don't rush things. This game is super slow, heck things don't really pick up until Chapter 10! It genuinely feels like 50% Uncharted and 50% TLOU.

Yeah, this is a much slower and different feeling Uncharted. I'd wager maybe 15 hours for myself (maybe a few more) because I took my time through it and I played it for a few hours at a time.

Yeah, when you reach the market from the E3 demo, try to explore everything. Also, always read Nate's journal from time to time and try to at least give a quick sweep of an area that you're at before moving on, there might be a conversation, treasure, journal entry, a whale, or anything really. And finally, stealth is almost always an option now, even if you're detected, you can run away and hide and the enemies will loose sight of you again. If you like playing stealthily that is.

And finally, the best advice is to just relax into the game and don't rush things. This game is super slow, heck things don't really pick up until Chapter 10! It genuinely feels like 50% Uncharted and 50% TLOU.
Very cool. Thank you for all the pointers. I've always loved the journal stuff in the previous three games. Markets always seem to be ripe for hidden content in games haha. I can see where some people might not be happy with the slower pace, if it feels very TLOU styled, but I for one have to say I really like that actually. The Last of Us is just all around such a good game and if this takes its high points I'm even more eager to play U4.

Well, I finally finished the game this morning. I have to say, I really liked the ending too. It played with my expectations, but in a good way. Not all twists have to be predictable and cliched. Overall, I thought it was a good way to close the final chapter on the series.

I just got the plat and it was ridiculously easy. Crushing was no issue thanks to the tweaks. Definitely the easiest of all the Uncharted games, not sure why ND would do that. :dunno

Alrighty, took us about 16 hours to finish the game. It's very different as everyone has said. I don't think I can elaborate much on what has been discussed already. The only thing that I noticed is that I felt like the controls were "loose". Drake wasn't as responsive or as easy to control as in previous games. I did really like the final boss fight. It was really cool to see that entire sequence play at the quality of a pre-rendered cutscene. The epilogue is a good conclusion though. That being said I am getting a Bungie/Halo/Microsoft feeling about the future of the franchise, just with Sony.

Overall I would say: 2, 4, 3, 1 as far as game ranking goes.

Back