UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End - PS4 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a good ranking, Uncharted 2 always has a soft spot as #1 and Uc4 restored the story script I loved from Uc2.

After spending some time away from home I've finally gotten back and managed to finish this. Really a great game. Had a few minor gripes and even tho they played it really safe with the story it was still a great story. Top tier acting too.

Still want to know all the behind the scenes drama that happened with Amy Henning.

Not sure where to post this, but I just got that bootleg Adventurer set and I was quite surprised by the quality! The henley shirt and cargo pants are top notch with superb tailoring, the belt is fantastic complete with a fully functioning buckle and the head is actually pretty good in hand. The clothes definitely screams quality and at the very least I'm glad I got them.

I need to repaint it a bit, especially around the eyebrows and add more stubble (which seems to throw off the look), and I'll eventually get around to fully weather it but all around this is a fantastic set, especially if you want to put up a Drake for cheap.

28446275185_046bf77b12_c.jpg

27830191333_2325637f2e_c.jpg

Anyone playing this game? I am loathe to say it, but this feels like a 'by the numbers' job. Graphically, its STUNNING. But with the whole, 'oh yeah - I have a brother; I never told you?' makes this the Star Trek V of the uncharted universe. Just feels forced and its just not a lot of fun. Troy Baker does his usual awesome job as Sam, but considering we've never heard of this guy until now, there is very little there to resonate with. All I know is that this guy is getting between two characters I actually know and like (drake and Elena), so I kinda hate the presence of a fmy member. Contrived.

And making Drake an ass-clown to his wife is all kinds of jacked up. Argh. And lastly, is it just me, or did they overly rely on crates in this game? Crates everywhere.

Anyone playing this game? I am loathe to say it, but this feels like a 'by the numbers' job. Graphically, its STUNNING. But with the whole, 'oh yeah - I have a brother; I never told you?' makes this the Star Trek V of the uncharted universe. Just feels forced and its just not a lot of fun. Troy Baker does his usual awesome job as Sam, but considering we've never heard of this guy until now, there is very little there to resonate with. All I know is that this guy is getting between two characters I actually know and like (drake and Elena), so I kinda hate the presence of a fmy member. Contrived.

And making Drake an ass-clown to his wife is all kinds of jacked up. Argh. And lastly, is it just me, or did they overly rely on crates in this game? Crates everywhere.

I think I'm the only one in this thread that would agree with you. This game felt like a walking simulator at times, and the fact that a good chunk of the game is platforming with no challenge and pseudo exploration I thought the story would at least shine but nope, the brother was shoehorned into this game and all the retcons regarding his character felt so unbelievable it made me think why add him in the first place.

The one great set piece in the game was spoiled years ago by naughty dawg, and the gameplay mechanics barely improved from past games. The "stealth" aspect to gameplay absolutely pales in comparison to how Last of Us did it. Also the story was pretty generic, Drake hasn't been a likable protagonist for me since Uncharted 2, he lacks the charisma from the first 2 games and I guess that's due to ND trying to give him more character or something.

And why people consider the ending to be brilliant, I have no clue.

For me, the game shines in presentation and tech, but that's really it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think I'm the only one in this thread that would agree with you. This game felt like a walking simulator at times, and the fact that a good chunk of the game is platforming with no challenge and pseudo exploration I thought the story would at least shine but nope, the brother was shoehorned into this game and all the retcons regarding his character felt so unbelievable it made me think why add him in the first place.

The one great set piece in the game was spoiled years ago by naughty dawg, and the gameplay mechanics barely improved from past games. The "stealth" aspect to gameplay absolutely pales in comparison to how Last of Us did it. Also the story was pretty generic, Drake hasn't been a likable protagonist for since Uncharted 2, he lacks the charisma from the first 2 games and I guess that's due to giving him more character or something.

And why people consider the ending to be brilliant, I have no clue.

For me, the game shines in presentation and tech, but that's really it for me.

Well, glad (not the right word) I am not the only one. Presentation-wise, the game is AMAZING to look at. No issues there. Character models are AWESOME. As for the brother, yeah, I was literally saying to myself, 'WHAT THE.....?' And trying to say or imply he never told Elena cause he was 'dead' is weak as hell. I would have preferred if the brother had been a close friend as to be like a brother, cause then I would have been a little better with it, since we find about new friends each game. Such as Charlie in the last one.

Game started off pretty nicely. While I was surprised by another Uncharted: the last crusade type level was Drake Jr again, it was well done. And the part with seeing Drake at his day job, and in his attic was great. But, I would have preferred instead of Sam, we had Elena by Drake's side. How awesome would have it been to see them in action, as a husband/wife duo? Could have been cool.

I am gonna miss the Uncharted universe, but ND's heart is clearly on other things.

Well, glad (not the right word) I am not the only one. Presentation-wise, the game is AMAZING to look at. No issues there. Character models are AWESOME. As for the brother, yeah, I was literally saying to myself, 'WHAT THE.....?' And trying to say or imply he never told Elena cause he was 'dead' is weak as hell. I would have preferred if the brother had been a close friend as to be like a brother, cause then I would have been a little better with it, since we find about new friends each game. Such as Charlie in the last one.

Game started off pretty nicely. While I was surprised by another Uncharted: the last crusade type level was Drake Jr again, it was well done. And the part with seeing Drake at his day job, and in his attic was great. But, I would have preferred instead of Sam, we had Elena by Drake's side. How awesome would have it been to see them in action, as a husband/wife duo? Could have been cool.

I am gonna miss the Uncharted universe, but ND's heart is clearly on other things.

Agreed, Baker is probably the best voice actor in the business and he did a great job with Sam, but his character never worked for me and half of the reason why I hated the character is because he was taking time away from the characters we actually care about like Elena and Sully who were really underserved in the game. I had a bunch of problems with Uncharted 3 but it was a much better game than 4 in ever way. I actually wish I was super disappointed by the game so at the very least I would have some sort of memories of playing it, but I just found my entire experience with the game to completely forgettable.

Also I agree with Naughty Dawg obviously wanting to move away from Uncharted.

Agreed, Baker is probably the best voice actor in the business and he did a great job with Sam, but his character never worked for me and half of the reason why I hated the character is because he was taking time away from the characters we actually care about like Elena and Sully who were really underserved in the game. I had a bunch of problems with Uncharted 3 but it was a much better game than 4 in ever way. I actually wish I was super disappointed by the game so at the very least I would have some sort of memories of playing it, but I just found my entire experience with the game to completely forgettable.

Sam being a close friend would have worked so much better.

Also I agree with Naughty Dawg obviously wanting to move away from Uncharted.

Just got to the chapter where the 'truth' about Sam and his motives are revealed. Suddenly, he's the guy I love to hate........and Elena is the most understanding woman in the universe......but I did like her line, 'I almost didn't this time' or whatnot

Just got to the chapter where the 'truth' about Sam and his motives are revealed. Suddenly, he's the guy I love to hate........and Elena is the most understanding woman in the universe......but I did like her line, 'I almost didn't this time' or whatnot
For the most part yeah. She was really prepared when she came back for Drake, I was impressed.

Truth about Sam was pretty funny in the sense that it means the chapter you played as him never actually happened. Great twist Naughty Dog :lol

For the most part yeah. She was really prepared when she came back for Drake, I was impressed.

Truth about Sam was pretty funny in the sense that it means the chapter you played as him never actually happened. Great twist Naughty Dog :lol

Yeah, I'll give them that one. Guess I should have clued in when that guy didn't get a MP character slot

Sam not telling the truth was obvious, but after beating the game it actually bothered me that there was a whole chapter that never really existed that could have been used to give fan favs more screen time. Sully really got the shaft.

I was suspicious cause it's like 'how does Sam end up with that guy as his cellmate of all people?'' plus it seems like they would have kept him alone (solitary confinement maybe?) or something, given that he tried to escape once, killed/beat up some guards and that they kept his existence a secret from Drake.

but god, it's amusing in hindsight.

Yea in hindsight it is pretty funny to know you're playing a lie, but it does hurt too because that chapter kind of introduces a villain that was a lot more interesting than the two horrible villains we got in the game. Similar to Iron Man 3.

After playing the Uncharted collection a while back for the first time, I can say this is just behind UC2 as the best in the series. UC3 being one of the weakest with that stupid ****ing boat mission. :lol

Rafe was the best Uncharted villain in my book.

Lazarevic is the best because he could be quite entertaining and yet he gave absolutely no ****s at all, being pretty damn intimidating at times.

Rafe is all right along with Nadine but they both struck as me dumb at times. Sure they had their moments, but Lazarevic beats them both.

Not sure where to post this, but I just got that bootleg Adventurer set and I was quite surprised by the quality! The henley shirt and cargo pants are top notch with superb tailoring, the belt is fantastic complete with a fully functioning buckle and the head is actually pretty good in hand. The clothes definitely screams quality and at the very least I'm glad I got them.

I need to repaint it a bit, especially around the eyebrows and add more stubble (which seems to throw off the look), and I'll eventually get around to fully weather it but all around this is a fantastic set, especially if you want to put up a Drake for cheap.

28446275185_046bf77b12_c.jpg

27830191333_2325637f2e_c.jpg
Hey Jameson, I'd like to take a look at the sculpt but your photos are no longer loading. Could you post them again? I'm tinkering with getting this kit, but the headsculpt is the tipping factor.

Hey Jameson, I'd like to take a look at the sculpt but your photos are no longer loading. Could you post them again? I'm tinkering with getting this kit, but the headsculpt is the tipping factor.

Sure thing, here it is again. The head is okay, it's neither bad nor spectacular. The clothing and boots however, are pretty darn good. I experimented with re-painting the head but I never gotten around to finish it.

28896797266_1dfc046017_z.jpg

28312661203_4a3ba94aa0_z.jpg

Here's the WIP of the repainted head, I'd say it's about 40% done:

28852319241_dc4e84787d_z.jpg

Back