Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the difference is that collectibles for the most part can hold some value, where as games the value of the old one is now next to nothing. I know Capcom I expected this from release so I'm not really upset about it at all. My only problem really was that I felt that MVC3 when it came out was a very bare bones release compared to say SFIV for the same price. To anyone who wants to complain that this wasn't DLC if they did it through DLC at 5 dollars a character it would have cost 60 dollars for all 12 characters (70 if you never bought Jill and Shuma) Instead it's on a disc and it's 40 which works out to just over 3 dollars per character.

I would agree to a point on what you said bro but however a video game is never thought to be a collectible whereas toys from high end toy companies are.

99.99 % of video games nowadays drop in value unless it's a very very small run and happens to be a big hit game. DLC alone would make video games practically valueless after purchase through updates and extra content. Long gone are the days where video games would fetch high on the secondary market due to their production run, accessibility to update the software etc.

High-end toys are different as they are seen as collectibles and to a point,investment. I wouldn't go on to write what happens to the value of a figure after opening etc. A figure would reach its peak of value the day before a second improved version is released.

I would be more pissed at a toy company for releasing a new, improved version of a figure which I had originally spent $200 on, kept it mint for 2 years only for the value to drop like a stone when they announce the new version .

I hear about the people _____ing about they should make it DLC instead of a disc release. Most would highlight it is cheaper in the long run but haters claim it gives them a choice to buy just what they want. All I got to say is, you still have a choice. Nobody is making you do anything just like the toy company that releases a new updated version of the same character.

I have to say, i have a problem in general with dlc in the first place. I remember when game developers did their best to make complete games, not make characters and then not put them in the game so they can charge for them later. I also have thought that the characters picked in mvc3 since the beginning have been not so great.

DLC is always gonna be a double edged sword. One might say it's a way to improve on a game after release while another would say it's a way of milking or squeezing more money out of the consumer by releasing an "unfinished" version. Well it's easy to say the latter on hindsight.

Name me one "perfect" standalone game before DLC and there's probably more than 10 ways to improve on it. Truth is, there's no perfect game.

There are no "perfect" games let's be honest here and there never has been and never will be. However there is in my opinion at least a big difference between how Capcom has been doing DLC (SSFIV AE and the 3rd batch of costumes for original fighters excluded) and the way other companies do it. Anything that is on the disc when it ships and is just locked out so they can charge you for it is bull.

But the thing is Capcom is not the worst offender when it comes to the whole DLC. Everybody loves Call of Duty and virtually no one bats their eyes and the 15 dollar map pack's that are released. Adding what 45 dollars to you 60 dollar game? So where are differences here, Activision releases Map Packs that add to the total cost. Or Capcom who instead of charging an extra 60 dollars with DLC choose to release a second disc with the new content on it for a budget price. it's the same thing if you don't want the new characters don't buy the new disc, you can still play MVC3 classic.

DLC is here to stay, it's just how the individual game companies choose to treat is the issue.

This has always been Capcom's strategy there were a lot of people who said I'm not buying MVC3 I'll wait for Super MVC3 well they were justified in doing so. But if you enjoyed MVC3 and are still enjoying it 40 bucks for 12 new characters is a good deal. And at least you don't have to spend time downloading and patching your game to add in all the content.

plus, its not just 40 for the 12 characters...its rebalanced with more modes including spectator more...you get more in this version for 40 than the original for 60...i dont see how anyone can complain, especially since they dont have to get it if they dont want to

Yeah I agree that Capcom is far from the worst company to 'squeeze' you through dlc. Activision and EA with their yearly sports games are much worse.

If everyone has the mindset of not buying the original game to wait for the "Super" version, we might not even see that if the original sold poorly.

Think HT will make more Batman or Ironman figures if the first 2 figures didn't sell? We know what happened to some of their lines.

I have to say, i have a problem in general with dlc in the first place. I remember when game developers did their best to make complete games, not make characters and then not put them in the game so they can charge for them later. I also have thought that the characters picked in mvc3 since the beginning have been not so great.

Do you remember when the movies cost 5 cents and people were wholesome too?!?! Get over it. None of this is new.

ALL OF YOU GET OVER IT. It's 35$ or $50 or whatever.. get a job.

For those of you that are a fan of the darkstalkers series like me it was hinted at comi con a new one will be coming out.

This new characters should have been available in the first place. Another way to make money CAPCOM.

considering that they have not even completed the new characters.. why on earth should they have been included in the first place.

If Capcom announced 50 characters from the get go, people would STILL complain about an additional characters stating "they should've been included"... so exactly when does development of a product like this end?

until we have marvel vs capcom 3,4,5,6,7 etc etc all on one disc... and I bet, you'd STILL complain.

DLC already planned for UMK3!!

Not only new characters and costumes for sale, we now have new modes for sale!!

https://www.qj.net/xbox-360/news/po...nt-be-left-out-on-dlc-but-alienates-fans.html

So you pay $60 for the first game, $10 for 2 characters, now $40 for the new game plus DLC!!! I LOVE YOU CAPCOM!!!!

Yo dawg, I heard you like DLC, so I put DLC in yo DLC!

yo%20dawg%20-%20dog%20-%20xzhibit.png

It's pretty lame that they couldn't even include Jill and Shuma on the disc. They release a new version with 12 new characters and the existing character and yet they skimp on putting in the other two who were DLC?

It's like Jill and Shuma are optional to the game and aren't really meant to be there.

plus, its not just 40 for the 12 characters...its rebalanced with more modes including spectator more...you get more in this version for 40 than the original for 60...i dont see how anyone can complain, especially since they dont have to get it if they dont want to

People are complaining because they pretty much got ripped off with the first version. This revision has everything the previous game has plus more. If I knew this was going to be released in the SAME year I would've skipped on the first one. It sucks to be an early adopter sometimes.

A lot of what "couldn't" happen in the first game is showing up in this one (Spectator mode and some characters i.e Ghost Rider and Frank West).

I am going to get UMVC3 but not without a sour taste in my mouth :(

Last edited:
I just remember HCG is doing 1:4 statues for this game.. that would mean eventually we might get 1:4 Iron Fist, Hawkeye, Dr Strange, and Nova :) Yes!! :yess:

1:4 Nemesis could be pretty cool too :D

DLC already planned for UMK3!!

Not only new characters and costumes for sale, we now have new modes for sale!!

https://www.qj.net/xbox-360/news/po...nt-be-left-out-on-dlc-but-alienates-fans.html

So you pay $60 for the first game, $10 for 2 characters, now $40 for the new game plus DLC!!! I LOVE YOU CAPCOM!!!!

Yo dawg, I heard you like DLC, so I put DLC in yo DLC!

yo%20dawg%20-%20dog%20-%20xzhibit.png

UMK3? LOL I thought you said Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 is coming back on Xbox Live. Midway got bankrupt and the game was took down.

No Gambit?! :gah:

Mother____ers.

Don't worry! Gambit will be released in the "Super Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3" for only $38.99 about 3 months after this one is released.

Gotta love Capcom and their business strategy of selling an inferior product the first couple times around. :lol :rock

So happy my connection sucks so I avoid buying these scams.

Back