UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found out that Penn's LW fight this november was supposed to be against Florian...but florian is injured right now.

Hmmm.. that's interesting. Haven't heard anything about Florian being injured. Last I heard he FINALLY hired a full time wrestling coach and was training.

Sonnen tested positive for PED's.

Ruh roh.

Although, if it was anyone OTHER than the CSAC, I'd believe it more. Regardless, I think Chael will lose the rematch for Feb. 6, and instead have to fight someone else before he gets another shot.

again...............i dont believe any of this steroid crap unless the fighter gets suspended. I never heard if Carwin was or not, so i dont believe it. Sherk got suspended for a year when he tested positive.........

Its not rumor its confirmed by the athletic commision. Dude tests positive and still loses, lol. They better scrap that rematch and find someone else. I didnt like Chael before the fight but gave him his props for doing so well against Anderson and now...well back to not liking him :)

I never heard if Carwin was or not, so i dont believe it.

The Carwin thing was different. He didn't test positive, he was just named as part of a hearing (as a recipient of illegal substances) along with numerous other athletes. Like the BALCO scandal. And his supposed involvement was before he was even in the UFC. So if it's true, it wouldn't affect Carwin now because he was tested for his main event fight against Lesnar at 116 and he passed. And he's never tested positive for anything since he's been in the UFC.

Sonnen failed his post fight drug test after the Silva fight. What he tested positive for still isn't known though. He'll have a hearing and a chance to explain himself. But the CSAC never overturns their decisions, so he's definitely looking at a fine and a suspension.

The most he can hope for is a reduced fine/suspension. But as of right now.. he most likely won't be fighting for at least a year (starting with whenever his hearing ends). So at least late 2011. So like NYNosferatu said, bye bye immediate rematch with Anderson Silva.

Its not rumor its confirmed by the athletic commision. Dude tests positive and still loses, lol. They better scrap that rematch and find someone else. I didnt like Chael before the fight but gave him his props for doing so well against Anderson and now...well back to not liking him :)

Me too. I thought he trash talked too much IMO, but at least he backed it up in the fight.

Disappointed with Sonnen, but oh well. Sonnen can salvage his career from this if he's honest and humble about it. Look at Marquardt and Belfort.

I think feasibly the winner of Belfort/Okami should get the next shot. Though I'm sure Marquardt will probably campaign a little harder for it now.

lol at Sonnen :lol

The Match with Silva would probably turn out the same way if Sonnen was clean,i believe Marquart would do the same with Silva as Sonnen did,but because of the PED Sonnen probably performed better and Silva had a broken rib so...I would love to see Silva knock out Sonnen in a possible rematch though.

If Belfort wins, he should get the next shot because he was supposed to fight for the title at UFC 112 but didn't because of an injury.

If Belfort wins, he should get the next shot because he was supposed to fight for the title at UFC 112 but didn't because of an injury.

Yea I agree. This is a fight I'd love to see. I think Vitor stands a better chance than Chael ever did.

Totally agree, I want to see Vitor vs Anderson. I to agree that Vitor stands way better of a chance than Chael.

California State Athletic Commission Executive Officer George Dodd, speaking during a break in Monday’s commission meeting, told Sherdog.com that UFC middleweight contender Chael Sonnen’s positive test resulted from a “steroid substance.”

On Twitter, Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times quoted Dodd as saying that the test came back positive due to the presence of a “natural steroid.” However, Dodd has since told Sherdog.com that he doesn’t “believe it is a natural steroid.”

Guess Sonnen trained with Barnett. :monkey3

**UPDATE**

Middleweight contender Chael Sonnen tested positive for abnormally high levels of testosterone following an Aug. 7 UFC championship fight against titleholder Anderson Silva, the California State Athletic Commission informed SI.com on Monday.

Sonnen was apparently concerned enough about the possibility that he would render a positive test that he told CSAC executive director George Dodd he used an illegal performance enhancing drug leading up to the biggest fight of his life.

"He only indicated that he was taking it but he never indicated why," Dodd said of a conversation he and Sonnen shared during drug testing conducted by the state a day prior to the fight.

Sonnen "just let me know he was taking [something] and that's when I called over an inspector to get it documented. But when you do take it you still have to show a medical reason."

So much for innocence. :slap

Also.. you guys heard about Efrain Escudero? He got his walking papers. First TUF winner to ever be cut to my knowledge. Crazy.

Last edited:
Guess Sonnen trained with Barnett. :monkey3

**UPDATE**

So much for innocence. :slap

Also.. you guys heard about Efrain Escudero? He got his walking papers. First TUF winner to ever be cut to my knowledge. Crazy.

Travis Lutter was actually the first. He's the second. That's crazy that they cut him so quick though. He did get a rowdy beat down :lol

I have a MAJOR problem when fighters cycle the sauce before a cage fight. This isn't baseball, this is Ultimate Fighting...anyone who takes steroids should be banned from the sport. It puts their opponent at an unfair advantage, and it completley goes against what martial arts is all about.

Very upset by this news.

Back