UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep Ive said it before the energy you feel when your actually there in front of the cage is amazing.

And again i'll say actually the more money you spend you'll get crappy seats. Its better to sit farther back and more elevated so you can look into the cage or at certain moments watch the big screen. The cage is elevated and if you sit close to it...you wont see anything especially if they drop to the opposite side.

As for fights breaking out...once yes, wasnt near me but it did happen. Basically it boils down to red necks not knowing when to stop drinking.

Other than that the atmosphere is amazing.

picture.php

I took this shot before the prelims even started.

Last edited:
picture.php

I took this shot before the prelims even started.

That's a nice distance IMO.

I remember I saw Cung Le fight a dude out in San Jose in a Sanshou match (plus a full card of regular Kickboxing matches) with my brother and the atmosphere actually is different as opposed to watching it on TV. Because that show was eventually broadcast on ESPN2 and when I re-watched it I thought it sucked. But at the event I enjoyed it. EVERYBODY freaked out when Le picked up that dude and belly-to-back suplexed him. Then he followed that up with his patented scissor kick flip. Crazy. :lol

This is the fight (Not my pics)
Cung_souflex.jpg

Cung_throw_rudi.jpg

Cung_Throw_Rudi_1.jpg

It was in a little rinky dink hall or something. We had seats up in the balcony. I had never heard of Cung Le (except my brother saying he was exciting) and I had no idea what Sanshou was. Which is why I jumped up like "OH SH**!!!" when he slammed that dude because I thought I was watching a Kickboxing match and from my POV Cung Le had just went ape ____ and DQ'ed himself. :rotfl

Totally agree man, I remember meeting Cung at Pride 32 in Vegas and I just thought he was an "average" kick boxer at the time. Then started watching him fight and got caught up on alot of his older fights realizing wow hes a bad dude.

As for my Octagon pic, yeah see...i was in the second level area and my ticked was about $140 and im telling you the seats were perfect...and yeah the people on the floor were paying a grand or more...you can only imagine the fun they had staring eye level with the cage...

If your trying to meet fighters...there usually everywhere at events so again no worries. Plus when I seen a few fighters walking around I just left my seat if I wanted a photo or autograph and easily came back no big deal.

meh, for atmosphere I go to NFL or NBA games.

:lol I agree with both opinions TBH. Yes, it's great to experience a live event and the atmosphere makes the experience because that can't be duplicated just watching it on TV. But on the other side, it's cool to watch stuff in the comfort of your own home too. Not only do you get to see everything (various camera angles, etc.) but also you save $$$ since you don't have to deal with overpriced concession stands.

Never understood why anyone would want to go to fights live. For one, unless you spend big money you wont get seats worth a damn. You'll end up watching the fights on the big screens anyway.

I'd rather order it on PPV with my own huge HDTV in the comfort of my own home, with all the beer or drinks that I can down without having to wait in ridiculous lines and deal with obnoxious meatheads...replacing that with great food and great friends.

Sure you spend money but it's all worth it imo. Your going to have lines and meatheads at every event. If you can hold your own there's no need to worry about meatheads plus it's not like people are out to get you at fights. There’s not anything better than watching a fight live if you have good seats. Just hearing how hard these guys hit when they connect is rowdy! HDTV is nice and all but it doesn’t beat being there. It doesn’t even come close. Sure you can watch the fight at home and get all the angles but you also have to sit there and listen to Joe Rogan talk the entire time lol. Something I could do without. If you’ve never actually been to a fight you’re truly missing out imo. It’s an experience that every fight fan should have at least once.

Meh. More people wanted to see Mayhem Miller vs. Diaz.

Dude, that is totally false. Actually that statement is Preposterous.

This rematch is BAD BLOOD ... literally. It amazes me that you are not interested in seeing this rematch?!?!?!?!

I would watch Diaz vs Miller, but nowhere near the matchup of Noons - Diaz 2.

Nick def hates KJ more for #1 making him look like a stooge in their 1st fight, #2 winning b/c of a cut #3 Ducking him when he had the belt.

Diaz hates Mayhem b/c he's Mayhem.

More people wanted to see the Diaz vs. Mayhem match-up simply because it's recent. That big brawl in Strikeforce (which was on CBS and resulted in both guys getting a suspension/fined) happened 4 months ago as opposed to the last incident between Noons and Diaz which happened over 2 years ago (not to mention their actual fight which happened almost 3 years ago). Mayhem has made numerous call-out videos. Both have been talking trash about each other in the media so again.. it's current.

Never said I wasn't interested in seeing the match-up. I just said, more people wanted to see and were expecting to see Diaz vs. Miller as opposed to Diaz vs. Noons II. Especially since Noons has never fought at WW. So his debut in that division = a title shot!?

Meh.

Oh and FYI: In case no one has heard yet, Jay Hieron left Strikeforce. He asked to be released from his contract.

LOL, Alistair declined a fight with Fedor:

"I've stated many times that Strikeforce was my number one priority, but after Fedor lost to Werdum, I had no intention of fighting somebody other than Werdum. I came to the States to challenge the winner of the fight and that was Werdum, so no need to fight somebody else. Furthermore, I like K-1 very much and there are not many opportunities to stay fighting in K-1, so I want to fight if I still can. One of my goals is to be K-1 champion and this is my chance."

Funny. Because after Fedor lost to Werdum, and they interviewed Overeem, he stated that he really didn't want to fight Werdum, and would still rather pursue a fight with Fedor.

Looks like it's straight outta the U.S. - again - for Alistair, where he can continue to pump his ass full of roids. Oh well. I'll still continue to watch him destroy cans in Europe and Japan, but man...would've been nice to see him fight some top comp in MMA(now, I mean).

Back