UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strikeforce Spoilers

Bobby Lashley vs. Chad Griggs
Spoiler Spoiler:

K.J. Noons vs. Jorge Gurgel
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Gus Johnson just called Kennedy the Brazilian Green Beret.

Will someone shoot him in the face so I no longer have to listen to him?

I've wished this for a long time...i find the stupid stuff he says funny but the way he plays stuff up, the stuff if you know anything about anything, is fake b.s.

Last edited:
Strikeforce Spoilers

Jacare vs. Kennedy
Spoiler Spoiler:

King Mo vs. Feijao
Spoiler Spoiler:

I got 3/4. I picked Gurgel. :slap

i went 1 for 4 on the main card. It figures. the second i saw Feijao walk out to the cage i wanted to change that pick. He looked very focused. King Mo was hurting him with those body shots, but he was just chipping away at Feijao. Feijao was going for the kill with all of his strikes. He looked very powerful.
Lashley's suprised me with his lack of power in his strikes. He had dominant position and was doing little damage. I think i got caught up in the hype, i never saw him fight before, but i expected much more in the devastating power department lol.

Noons showed how good he is in the striking game. I like watching his stand up. The illegal knee was crazy tho. I stopped watching for a minute b/c my dog was going nuts and i saw him hit gurgel with the 1-2. figured the fight was done and looked away Turned back and saw him kick Gurgel on the ground. Then i had to run out so i missed the replays, i figured Noons got DQ'ed until i saw the end of night recap.

Yeah I got all the finishes completely wrong. I thought Jacare would win by sub (then he only goes for like 4 half-assed takedowns). I thought Feijao would win by TKO just not how he ended up doing it. I thought Gurgel would win by sub (like Jacare.. never really tries hard to take it to the mat) and I thought Lashley would lose by TKO from GNP not like how he did.

Overall it was a pretty crap night of fights. I thought the last challengers card was better with the females fighting. :lol

Yeah I got all the finishes completely wrong. I thought Jacare would win by sub (then he only goes for like 4 half-assed takedowns). I thought Feijao would win by TKO just not how he ended up doing it. I thought Gurgel would win by sub (like Jacare.. never really tries hard to take it to the mat) and I thought Lashley would lose by TKO from GNP not like how he did.

Overall it was a pretty crap night of fights. I thought the last challengers card was better with the females fighting. :lol

Typical strike force event.

I was hoping for a little more from Jacare, but it looked like they both were playing it safe. I assumed he would get a sub at some point, but he decided to keep it standing. More power to him, just wish it would have been more action.

I already knew Feijao was going to take it. I figured it would be by KO, not necessarily a TKO. Still he looked so much better then Mo. I knew Mo's cardio would be his enemy again. He wastes to much energy on those take downs and probably needs to start working on his striking. I was just happy to see Feijao take the belt.

I was a little disappointed that there werent any female bouts on the card. Overall I thought it was pretty decent for a Strikeforce show.

Now we wait for next weekend and UFC. Tomorrow night is the countdown and I think they replay it on Wednesday as well.

There's already some controversy from last night. Apparently both Noons and King Mo were caught on film using bottled Oxygen inhalers (95% pure oxygen) in between rounds which is illegal in pretty much ALL sports including MMA. Oops.

Also there was apparently NO drug testing done for last nights SF event.

Last edited:
Yeah (via MiddleEasy.com)

kyspray.jpg

kingmospray.jpg

screenhunter_04%20aug.%2022%2013.13.gif

Illegal. :lol

Yup. From the Texas state athletic commissions website that outlines the rules of what supplies are allowed to accompany a fighter to the ring/cage:

(1) Approved supplies are ice, which must be in an ice bag or Department approved container, water, cotton swabs, gauze pads, clean towels, Adrenalin 1:10,000, Avitene, Thromblin, petroleum jelly or other surgical lubricant, medical diachylon tape, Enswel, and electrolytes. Electrolytes must be brought to the ring in the manufacturer’s sealed container. Electrolytes must be opened for the first time in the presence of a representative of the Department. All coagulants shall be in a container with the proper manufacturer’s label and not contaminated by any foreign substance.

(2) All containers shall be properly labeled with the manufacturer’s label and not contaminated by any foreign substance.

(3) The use of an unapproved substance may result in disciplinary action.

(4) Only water and electrolytes shall be permitted for hydration of a contestant between rounds. Honey, glucose, or sugar, or any other substance may not be mixed with the water.

That's the only supplies allowed.

Back