UC new line of LOTR swords

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be nice to get a pic of the dagger next to the Witchking sword . . .

About $120. Also, its quite large for a "dagger", so the price isnt so bad. Here is a pic without the gauntlet to give a better size comparison with a human hand.

A bit on the shiney side, but it looks like something I will get down the road. :cool:

It would be nice to get a pic of the dagger next to the Witchking sword . . .

Ask and ye shall recieve! Heck, I'll do even better! Here is a pic with the Dagger, WK sword, RW sword, and Sting to give everything a sense of scale (the swords are HUGE!). The dagger is bigger than sting! :horror

Wow . . .I didn't realize this Dagger is the size of Sting! No wonder it's that much! Any chance of putting them with their plaques they came with for display purposes in a pic?

Wow . . .I didn't realize this Dagger is the size of Sting! No wonder it's that much! Any chance of putting them with their plaques they came with for display purposes in a pic?

That's one pic I unfortunately cant do because of the state of where everything is (not fully unpacked from moving). Otherwise I would throw in pictures of the full wraith, WK Helm, Sauron Helm and all sorts of other LotR goodies... :)

In due time though... :naughty

Well . . .I figured you had the swords out, so putting them on their respective plaques wouldn't be too much of a squeeze . . . The biggest thing I needed to see was what the plaque looked like on this Dagger compared in size to the Wiki sword.

Well . . .I figured you had the swords out, so putting them on their respective plaques wouldn't be too much of a squeeze . . . The biggest thing I needed to see was what the plaque looked like on this Dagger compared in size to the Wiki sword.

Plaques and swords, not to much together at the moment... But I can get you a pic of the WK dagger plaque by itself if thats what your after...

actually, the Wiki Dagger with its Plaque, next to the Wiki sword. I wanted to get an idea of size and how well it blends. I own the Wiki sword, and I'm debating whether the dagger is good to have.

I just got my dagger today as well, here are a few pics next to Sideshow pieces.
md3.jpg

md1.jpg

and Radagaster, I'll try and get you a Witchking sword comparison pic for you.

I just ordered the sword of Isildur last week from BudK... the ship date at the time was Feb. 26th, but on Feb. 26th they changed the ship date to June 19th... Argh. But if the dagger is out, maybe the sword will come a little sooner. Or not. Sigh...

I just ordered the sword of Isildur last week from BudK... the ship date at the time was Feb. 26th, but on Feb. 26th they changed the ship date to June 19th... Argh. But if the dagger is out, maybe the sword will come a little sooner. Or not. Sigh...

I pre-ordered it a few weeks ago. My CC was pre-authorized and everything. When they changed the ship date I spoke to CS at United Cutlery. They said that the Sword of Isildur has had an arrival date of mid-June from day one. CS didn't understand why dealers were already listing it.:confused:

Just got this email from BudK today. Seems like a canned response but hey:
This item is still scheduled to come in any day now. The reason the ship date changed is because the amount of the items coming in versus the amount on backorder is very close. Your order is within the limits of the first shipment date, so yours should be coming in any day now. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Just got this email from BudK today. Seems like a canned response but hey:

I spoke to a CS girl at BudK and she told me that, since I was one of the first to place an order for it (Isildur's Sword) I would definitely receive one of 26 that are supposed to come in. The thing that makes me wonder is that she said "IF" their order comes in....:confused:

Great looking Witch-King dagger. Can't wait to pick this up. Thanks for all the pixs....

N2Darkness, found some additional pixs of yours in that UC forum. I really like what you did with the additional weathering. Have a few questions I hope you can answer for me:

What exactly was that "antiquing medium" substance you used?

Is it something one can pick-up at a hobby/crafts shop like Michael's?

Any additional weathering or application tips?

--thanks

Last edited:
Just got my WitchKing dagger yesterday. Ugh! What were they thinking with that factory shine?! So thanks, N2Darkness, for the great antiquing tips. It's just leaps & bounds better after a little self-crafting. Leaps!

Yeah, rubbing alcohol did the trick to remove the oil on the blade. But no craft store in my area carried FolkArt's #815 that you recommended so I used a water-based product called "Precious Metals" premium leafing glaze 'Antiquing 45540'. Also instead of a medium brush, I decided on the stick sponge application approach, then waiting a minute or two & dabbing with a soft rag to remove lines & excess. It turned out just terrific, if I may say. I went heavy on it to give it a very scary, poisonous & menacing look. I'd post pixs but the gf has the camera right now. I'll try and edit this post at a later date by adding one.

So wow, day & night difference with the antiquing. I highly encourage anyone else with a Ringwraith/Witchking fettish like me to definitely pick this one up--and to weather it. You won't be disappointed.

I'm glad the tips were useful and everything worked out for you, and congrats on a great UC piece to add to your collection. Now we just have to wait till June before Isildur's sword arrives.

Back