Tyrannosaurus rex maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems most people are favoring outdoor shots for this piece. Very nice!

This piece demands to be shown outside, where you can see all it's detailed beauty.:D

Great pics zerker. Very brave of you to place it on the ground.

I don't think I could bring myself to do that, unless I one to display and one for pics.

I'm a bit sad that my wait list for this hasn't converted yet. :( I just got the carnataurus and the Rex vs. Trike dio this afternoon (both exclusives), and I was hoping to keep the trend going.

I'm a bit sad that my wait list for this hasn't converted yet. :( I just got the carnataurus and the Rex vs. Trike dio this afternoon (both exclusives), and I was hoping to keep the trend going.

good luck dude, hope your wl converts cuz the carno maquette and the rex vs trike dio are awesome pieces!

Anybody know where to find the Rex? I had to cancel my order over funds. Things got somewhat better and now I need to find one. Ebay is empty. I would prefer the exclusive but I'll take either. Hoping to stay around original price. PM me if you know anything. Thanks.

Anybody know where to find the Rex? I had to cancel my order over funds. Things got somewhat better and now I need to find one. Ebay is empty. I would prefer the exclusive but I'll take either. Hoping to stay around original price. PM me if you know anything. Thanks.

If it's the regular edition you're looking for, Dan's your man. I'll always back a fellow freak. :rock

lol, thanks Scar. Yes, if anyone is still in need of a Dinosauria piece, feel free to visit my store site, or PM me for a discount. :)

I finally received my Carnotaurus maquette today. It looks great along with the T. rex vs Triceratops dio and the T. rex maquette.
Bummer news is that the Styracosaurus maquette release date is pushed back to January 2010 instead of this month. Well, I should start collecting $$$ again to purchase the Queen Alien dio...

Last edited:
ssgy.jpg

sstt.jpg

sscvd.jpg

sstp.jpg

Beautiful shots, mate. It seems to have a very cool film-like grain to it. What sort of camera were you using?

Dan, the "grain" is actually noise, the result of underexposing the image. If my house was better lit, or if I was using more than an on-camera strobe bounced from a ceiling 20 feet away, it wouldn't be a problem. (Actually, it's not much of a problem as far as I'm concerned. :) People do remark on it a lot, though...)

The camera is a Nikon D200 and the strobe is a Nikon SB-900.

Bit the bullet and ordered the EX on Second Chance (I was pushed over the edge while watching Confessions of a Shopaholic :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl). I'm VERY excited.

Back