Tyrannosaurus rex maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Any thoughts on this?

032609trex_01.jpg

032609trex_02.jpg

032609trex_03.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=6478&source=032609news&utm_source=newsletter-pers-032609news&utm_medium=email

Seems like it will be outstanding, but I'm not really blown away by this preview. I'm hoping this looks better the more we see of it.

Looks elderly, definately an original take on the T-Rex.

Looks elderly, definately an original take on the T-Rex.

That was my thought too. A lot of calcification, growths, scars, and tubercles. I'm hoping we can see the teeth better in other pics, but from this preview it looks like they did that "sneering scar" from the concept art, where the injury by the gum line makes the maw look like it's frozen in a permanent snarl.

Oddly enough it's grown on me since I first looked at the preview. The more I let it soak in, the more I really love the detail. I want to see it from more angles though, and for the teeth to be more prominent. Tyrannosaurids are so renowned for their immense, heavy-duty dentition, it would be a huge miss if they took the predator with teeth wider than railroad spikes and played them down in the maquette. All of the detail is superb, but the teeth are a bigger concern for me.

The coloration so far is something I like; very avian. The bright red on the head and the dull brown on the torso. I really want the teeth to turn out well on this. Then it would be a win.

This picture makes it very hard to get a good idea of anything more than the ravaged exterior of this veteran predator. They could have done a much better preview.

I think it looks quite good
Though I will wait until I have seen the rest of the Pics before placing an order

I think it looks pretty awesome. Excited to see it in full and I intend to order it.

Definitely ordering this, and it could well be one of the coolest T.rex pieces I've ever seen if executed correctly. The Inside Look makes me believe it will be.
Picture1.png

Picture3.png

Picture4.png

Picture5.png

Picture6.png

Picture7.png

Doesn't look like I should have any problem with the teeth, and the rest of the sculpt looks breathtaking. Can't wait to see more of this painted soon! :rock

I'll bet that is what it will look like. Maybe some small differences, of course a few small differences can make a big difference I guess. And I think they used that too, its not as pronounced, but I think I see some scarring near his mouth. Maybe I'm seeing things though.

I'll bet that is what it will look like. Maybe some small differences, of course a few small differences can make a big difference I guess. And I think they used that too, its not as pronounced, but I think I see some scarring near his mouth. Maybe I'm seeing things though.

Some added dermal scales behind the orbit, but other than that, it looks to be identical to this production sculpt. I'm pumped that we're going to be seeing this so soon. SS is really churning out the Dinosauria previews. :chew

Thanks for the Pics Scar
I hope this piece is of decent Size I think the Carnatorus is too small

I'll get it. I love the T-Rex, hopefully it doesn't have that strange look about it after seeing the whole piece.

Back