Tyrannosaurus rex maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was checking out Pablo Viggiano's website earlier today, and came across some very nice production photos of the JP diorama (unpainted, but you can see the outstanding texture work). I also found some interesting dinosaur artwork, some of which may be considered a taste of things to come. :monkey5

Concept art for the JP diorama. Note the scene does not appear to take place in the visitor's center as in the film, but just outside a paddock.
vjurassic.jpg

Triceratops.
Ceratopsids always look better with decorative frills, don't you think?
vtric.jpg

Ankylosaurus. Looks like we just might be seeing this guy plodding down the Dinosauria line after all.
vank.jpg

Raptor. Yes, pretty much an inevitability, but there he is. Given their dedication to paleontological authenticity, I would expect the final product to bear a feathery integument of some sort.
vraptor.jpg

Source: https://www.sculptedheroes.com/

That last one looks like a mix between the WWD Ornitholestes and the JP Velociraptor. Interesting. Pablo's site is awesome. He has a glut of really cool hi-res pics for the first two Dinosauria pieces.

Heh. You think those photos are high-res, you should see the ones retailers have access to. Gargantuan.

Concept art for the JP diorama. Note the scene does not appear to take place in the visitor's center as in the film, but just outside a paddock.
vjurassic.jpg

Nah, you can see part of the T-Rex skeleton next to his leg & the display plaque. I don't know what's going on with the broken fence though, handrail?

Some nice pics on the site.

The JP concept art is just a brainstorming piece, I wouldn't read into it too much. Definitely the Visitor Center.

just got this piece...i love it though the scarring does leave a lot to be desired

Great pics.

The big fella arrived last week, here's a quick crappy shot:

Dsc01625-33.jpg

Fantastic detail in the sculpt - plus the paint is pretty well done, only in person it seems a lot darker around the head and feet than some of the other pieces in the thread - but that's probably just the camera playing tricks. Really happy with rex. :D

One of the best pictures thus far. Really great shot. :rock

My personal favorite so far.:D

Mine as well. There's nothing about it not to like. The more I look at this piece, the more I find to like. Dan and I went on at length about the scarring, and I really couldn't disagree more heartily with skazi. The left ankle wound appears to have been present for some time, the wound on the tail seems to shine, fresh, juicy, and in the process of healing over. I like the notion that the wounds along the right side of the mouth are occasionally ripped newly open as the T.rex overextends its upper jaw in feeding or combat, an ever-present reminder as to the battles this monarch has weathered to keep his throne. This picture by zerker shows it superbly.

now I think to buy the others dinos....carno maybe...

Anyone here can tell me if the 'Carno' paint job is as good as the T-rex ?

it seems his tongue has not many details :/

another pic of the king of the carnivores
dsc5728.jpg

now I think to buy the others dinos....carno maybe...

Anyone here can tell me if the 'Carno' paint job is as good as the T-rex ?

it seems his tongue has not many details :/

You can't go wrong with the Carnotaurus. While I like the T-rex better, it in no way henders my love for the Carno beauty. Every piece in this line is worth getting, and each have amazing detail.

The detail on the tongue looks fine when you see it in person. I know it's kind of hard to tell from online pics, though.

IMG_7011.jpg

While not a great pic, it's the best one I have of mine for right now.:(
I still think it looks amazing in this pic anyway.:cool:

I've got the dio and the Carnotaurus and had to cancel my t-rex due to funds. Looking at these pics I should have gotten rid of my dog instead.

The Carno is just as awesome as the Rex. You can't go wrong with either of them.

Back