Statue Tweeterhead Super Powers Superman statue 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those that ordered via SS - just got an email that this is going to be delayed. It's expected to arrive anytime from Nov to January, so not too bad, but we'll see.

Tweeterhead is notoriously slow when you get it from them. They ask you to pay in full when it takes them another month to actually ship it cause It's still on the sea from China. Lol. They shipped my Supes on 12-19 and according to UPS, I will get mine on 01-03. Holiday season doesn't help either.

I cancelled mine. The first photos out show some pretty sloppy paint work around the emblem(s) and the belt line. Also the cape around the neck area is very chunky & ill-fitting. Open the image in a new tab & then you can zoom in on it. For such a simple design the paint app has to be tight, and so far I'm not seeing it on 2 different pieces now. If it can't match the paint app of the DCD Jim Lee for $150 I can't justify owning it. DIqlZeH.jpg

Last edited:
I cancelled mine. The first photos out show some pretty sloppy paint work around the emblem(s) and the belt line. Also the cape around the neck area is very chunky & ill-fitting. Open the image in a new tab & then you can zoom in on it. For such a simple design the paint app has to be tight, and so far I'm not seeing it on 2 different pieces now. If it can't match the paint app of the DCD Jim Lee for $150 I can't justify owning it.View attachment 437317

Man, that cape looks very different than the prototype around his shoulders.

Man, that cape looks very different than the prototype around his shoulders.

It does look different. From that picture I'm not liking the way the cape attaches to his suit on his right side. I'm hoping it looks better from other angels.

Chad from Tweeterhead is aware of the cape issue. It is not all the statues and it will be addressed in the live video on Friday. If the hair dryer trick doesn't work withe trying to get it to sync with the costume neckline then new capes will probably be made.

Just opened up mine today....

Same cape issue as everyone else....
Small grey chip on his chin (standard portrait)
Shoddy paint on the trunks and his boots.

The factory they used really boned the pooch on the QC... Sent email to TH, I'll see what their solution is...

It's to bad on Supes because all the other superpower statues I've gotten from them have come out pretty flawless...

Hey Guys,

So far I think most of the SM have shipped and I've only gotten a few "bad paint job" emails. It's mainly just the red on the chest and belt...which leads me to think it's not too many (hopefully). These things are all painted in stages and batches, so the entire run isn't painted at the same time. I know a few huge SM fans have theirs and are happy with them!!

PLEASE let us know if you have an issue with yours. We are 100% dedicated to taking care of you guys.

I always talk about lessons learned and this is a perfect example. I committed to making sure this doesn't happen on any future pieces.

Hope you all have a great New Year!

I was on board with this but then decided to get the new PF, kind of glad I did.
I don’t really care for the reddish tint on his face and I really don’t like the way the cape sits on his shoulders at all.

This is how the cape is supposed to be. So how did it change to what we see now?

I think it was probably a issue with the cape mold... the factory messed up and nobody at tweeterhead caught it.. If it is a mold issue then he's probably going to have to make new capes for all the statues.. costly mistake...

Oddly enough, both the Superman and Wonder Woman pieces have already arrived at the Australian wholesaler. There’s usually a longer delay between it being available for US residents and Australia.

Yeah, the red edges on the shield are too sloppy, you can see the poor masking and the bleed. Its obvious to me that they tried to hand paint this when they should have used some stencils and the airbrush....I learned a trick or two from my model building experiences. Same thing with the belt area.

What a letdown regarding this statue - I would return it for sure. The paint apps, uneven base and very poor keyed parts, esp. where the cape rubs on the neck would bother me too much to keep. It's too bad because like you said, Tweeterhead usually puts out very nice finished products. This one just slipped through the cracks. Anyway...awesome job - I always look forward to your reviews!

Back