Statue Tweeterhead Super Powers Superman statue 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally unacceptable for a $274.99 statue. Why is it they have to blow it for the icon of all superheroes. I think TH needs to take them all back and let those painters start all over again and absolutely give us the cape from the box.

Totally unacceptable for a $274.99 statue. Why is it they have to blow it for the icon of all superheroes. I think TH needs to take them all back and let those painters start all over again and absolutely give us the cape from the box.

Im not so sure that's a feasible solution.

How about we see what TH has planned. They already said they are aware of the issue in some of the statues, they asked for everyone with a issue to email them, and they will fix it for the customers, like they have in the past.

Just out of curiosity because I'm relatively new to collecting statues, has there ever been a precedent for recalls? I know there are recalls for vehicles but that's more for safety and because it's much more expensive that people demand a certain quality. In this industry as a show of goodwill and artistic integrity, have statues ever been recalled and done correctly. If there is ever one to be recalled and done correctly, it would be Superman considering this should be the centerpiece of a DC Super Powers line.

Just out of curiosity because I'm relatively new to collecting statues, has there ever been a precedent for recalls? I know there are recalls for vehicles but that's more for safety and because it's much more expensive that people demand a certain quality. In this industry as a show of goodwill and artistic integrity, have statues ever been recalled and done correctly. If there is ever one to be recalled and done correctly, it would be Superman considering this should be the centerpiece of a DC Super Powers line.

As far as I know if there is a issue a good company will order a fix and ship that out to people who bought the statue. There was a problem with the EX head for Tweeterhead's Harley statue. TH had new heads made and shipped them out to those that had broken heads. That's the only one I've been a part of.

It's happened but it's very rare. An actual "recall" happened with sideshow. The modern Thor PF was partially shipped out and had a massive leaning issue. It was so bad that I'm stunned it actually shipped out. Sideshow paid to have all the PFs that were already shipped, returned to them. They worked on a solution (creating a new attachment to the original base), and shipped out all the PFs when the problem was rectified. I also believe that sideshow had a mold issue with their life sized black and grey Batman bust. Those were also shipped back to them on their dime and replaced. This all said, I don't know if Tweeter ever had to "recall" a statue.

Official message from Tweeterhead on Facebook:

Superman “fix” update!!

We’ve never had a situation like this before and I thought the issues were just the capes not fitting properly...but seeing all the paint issues have left us no choice but to remake the entire run of Superman Maquettes instead of cape replacements.

We have tried for the past 6 years to deliver great quality products to you and with a character this special and one of the major players in our Super Powers line, this was really the only option.

We’ll be posting updates next week, but I didn’t want you guys to go into the weekend thinking we had let you down!!!

Have a great weekend and we’ll be back next week with next steps and delivery dates of the new maquettes!!

Official message from Tweeterhead on Facebook:

Superman “fix” update!!

We’ve never had a situation like this before and I thought the issues were just the capes not fitting properly...but seeing all the paint issues have left us no choice but to remake the entire run of Superman Maquettes instead of cape replacements.

We have tried for the past 6 years to deliver great quality products to you and with a character this special and one of the major players in our Super Powers line, this was really the only option.

We’ll be posting updates next week, but I didn’t want you guys to go into the weekend thinking we had let you down!!!

Have a great weekend and we’ll be back next week with next steps and delivery dates of the new maquettes!!

Good for them. Class act!!!

It's happened but it's very rare. An actual "recall" happened with sideshow. The modern Thor PF was partially shipped out and had a massive leaning issue. It was so bad that I'm stunned it actually shipped out. Sideshow paid to have all the PFs that were already shipped, returned to them. They worked on a solution (creating a new attachment to the original base), and shipped out all the PFs when the problem was rectified. I also believe that sideshow had a mold issue with their life sized black and grey Batman bust. Those were also shipped back to them on their dime and replaced. This all said, I don't know if Tweeter ever had to "recall" a statue.
They also sent out replacement capes for Huntress since most of them had purple bleeding into the white pleather.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Nice of them to do that! And if they decide to change the pose and make it unlike the SS Superman PF, I'll order one...lol

Damn, I must admit I’m shocked that they’ve actually chosen to take this route to rectify the issue’s. Good on them, I’m impressed :clap :clap :clap

Tweeterhead is a relatively smaller statue producing company, and to have gone this route certainly won’t be cheap.

I wonder if they’ll be taking a net loss on this piece, or whether some of the second run costs will be absorbed by the original producing factory. That’s if they’re even going with the same factory, but of course there are positives and negatives with that.

Given some stores were selling TH's Supergirl for 50% off tells me their profit margin on retail price is probably around 60%+, I would also bet the factory will give a pretty big discount since they screwed up the first run... So I imagine he will still make a small profit, worst case break even..

Here's some new info:

1) Chad will be doing a livestream tomorrow.

2) The factory is remaking the entire run. If the source you received that statue from (other than Tweeterhead) has not contacted you, you might want to contact them. At this time, Tweeterhead doesn't know how those sources will handle returns of the initial run, but those sources are receiving replacements, so you will be taken care of.

3) Tweeterhead is estimating the replacements will arrive in April. If you purchased directly from them, you will be asked to destroy the first-run statue and supply Tweeterhead a photo showing you did so. At that time, your replacement will ship.

More detailed info from Chad tomorrow!

Nice of them to do that! And if they decide to change the pose and make it unlike the SS Superman PF, I'll order one...lol
Pose is the same and it's fabulous

Damn, I must admit I’m shocked that they’ve actually chosen to take this route to rectify the issue’s. Good on them, I’m impressed :clap :clap :clap

Tweeterhead is a relatively smaller statue producing company, and to have gone this route certainly won’t be cheap.

I wonder if they’ll be taking a net loss on this piece, or whether some of the second run costs will be absorbed by the original producing factory. That’s if they’re even going with the same factory, but of course there are positives and negatives with that.
Chad really wants to make sure that collectors have something they are proud to own.

Given some stores were selling TH's Supergirl for 50% off tells me their profit margin on retail price is probably around 60%+, I would also bet the factory will give a pretty big discount since they screwed up the first run... So I imagine he will still make a small profit, worst case break even..
More likely you won't see that happen again

From Chad at Tweeterhead:

Hey Guys,

Was hoping to do a video today at noon, but I'm going to do it tomorrow. Want to have some solid dates and answers before I go on.

To answer a few questions up front.

1. We will be remaking them all, not just a few or a few hundred.
2. I believe we are remaking all the boxes and Styrofoam, I can't expect my distributors as well as you guys to unbox everything and rebox it.
3. If you're interested in getting on a wait list, please email Debbie. I definitely don't want to use this as an opportunity to sell more pieces, but I know we did have a few left on this run and will have some on the next run.

As mentally draining as this has been, I cannot tell you guys how much reading your posts of support have meant to me. I don't know if this kind of recall has ever been done before and honestly, I'm still trying to wrap my heads around it. I'm JUST glad this happened in 2018...so it can be under the "lessons learned" column in stead of "new lessons learned.

I'll fill you in tomorrow! See you at noon on our fb page.

From Chad at Tweeterhead:

Hey Guys,

Was hoping to do a video today at noon, but I'm going to do it tomorrow. Want to have some solid dates and answers before I go on.

To answer a few questions up front.

1. We will be remaking them all, not just a few or a few hundred.
2. I believe we are remaking all the boxes and Styrofoam, I can't expect my distributors as well as you guys to unbox everything and rebox it.
3. If you're interested in getting on a wait list, please email Debbie. I definitely don't want to use this as an opportunity to sell more pieces, but I know we did have a few left on this run and will have some on the next run.

As mentally draining as this has been, I cannot tell you guys how much reading your posts of support have meant to me. I don't know if this kind of recall has ever been done before and honestly, I'm still trying to wrap my heads around it. I'm JUST glad this happened in 2018...so it can be under the "lessons learned" column in stead of "new lessons learned.

I'll fill you in tomorrow! See you at noon on our fb page.

I don't currently own any Tweeterhead statues but from an outsider looking in, this is the right thing to do and I'm happy collectors are being taken care of. Of course, we'd like a perfect product but that is not always achievable. So when you make a mistake, acknowledge it and try to fix the damage as best as you can. That is all we can ask for. Good job Tweeterhead!

Chad is 100% stand up guy.... and he stands behind his products 100%.... You really can't ask for anything more....

Tweethead will be re-making the full run of superman statues. If you got your superman and are not completely happy with him, please email debbie [email protected] and let her know you would like a full replacement. It will be a little while. They will more likely ask you to destroy the one you have and send proof via photographs.

Wow, so great customer service does still exist from some companies, nice to see

Wow, so great customer service does still exist from some companies, nice to see

And it comes from one of the smaller statue company’s who will probably find it much harder to absorb the reproduction costs than many of the bigger manufacturers.

Guess this goes to show how much they value their long term goodwill of their customers.....unlike some others.

Back