Tweeterhead: ELVIRA "Scary Christmas" and "Your Heart Belongs 2 me" Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Tweeterhead: ELVIRA "Scary Christmas" and "Your Heart Belongs 2 me" Statues

I can't believe what a piece of junk the "dagger" is. It's a resin cast dipped in metallic paint. It's literally the quality of one of those cellophane bagged "cops and robbers" toys you would buy at the dollar store for kids.

At this price, I was not expecting THAT much, but I was expecting more than the junk that is here. I can't even call it a good costume piece, because no way this little fragile thing is going to make it through a single costume party. At this price, I expected something comparable to Icon Heroes He-man/She-ra letter openers - which actually, you know, had some metal in there? Someone above said this had "heft" - it can't even weigh three ounces, if that. I'm actually tempted to weigh it just to see because unless there are different versions, I would totally challenge anyone to tell the difference between it and a dollar store toy.

Even the box itself is terrible - the $10 boxed Star Wars calendar I got for Xmas had a much nicer box. Given that big huge UPC on the bottom, basically - we just paid for the development of this product which will then be sold at mass retail come Halloween - and I'm betting by November 1, you'll be able to go into any of those "pop up" Halloween costume shops and get this for under $10.

Truly, absolutely disappointed. This was an X-mas present, and at this point since even displaying it in the box looks tacky and awful, I may just end up giving them something else. I would have 100% returned this if I hadn't used $25 in Sideshow points on it, so since I'd lose those it wouldn't even begin to be worth the time.

It's also souring me on Tweeterhead - getting the first Catwoman was such an ordeal, and then her paint job (on any I've seen, so I didn't bother returning) wasn't great. I have both Batgirl and MP Catwoman on preorder, and I'm going to be much more vocal with Tweeterhead about any issues with those.

That Jessica Rabbit like one is Amazing!!

There hasn't been a single scrap of info about the Scary Christmas statue despite it being pencilled in for a possible April release.

Anybody know anything?

Okay this has to be one of the absolute best painted statue in this scale that I have seen in a while. She's still missing her hand and I am going to be taking better pics at a later date, but she is amaYzing!

Huh? How did you get her? I wasn't even aware this piece had been released

Huh? How did you get her? I wasn't even aware this piece had been released

Got her last wednesday. I ordered the exclusive to have my name put on the list. The hand with the list had to be sent to Elvira for her to write on it.

Ahh, I see. The rest of us peasants shouldn't be too far behind then :D

Looks gorgeous btw. Tweeterhead really nail everything they put their name to.

they really have. This thing is pretty heavy. Base is solid and the sculpt and paint are tremendous. it is a little over 18 inches tall, just in case you were contemplating putting her in a detolf she does fit unless you remove the shelf above.

Paid for it ages ago, they keep telling me they will get it shipped end of the week, then a new week begins. Not sure what the what is.

Hey BG, that is a sucky bit, maybe they are waiting for the Elvira signed notes to come back. They will be mailed out on May 20th, as the note in my box said.

Paid for it ages ago, they keep telling me they will get it shipped end of the week, then a new week begins. Not sure what the what is.

Just got this in last week after looking at pics online. She looks absolutely amazing.

13112993_10155034442807281_508032510284313761_o.jpg

I paid the down for the personalized Scary Christmas, and two days after I paid the balance I had my statue. And, yes, the personalized list attached to her left hand will come later, so she doesn't have a left hand at the moment.

Hey BG, that is a sucky bit, maybe they are waiting for the Elvira signed notes to come back. They will be mailed out on May 20th, as the note in my box said.

Yeah, they just kept 'forgetting' to mail mine out. I got it finally. Guess it will be a little while before the hands arrive.

Anyone receive their Elvira hand with personalized note yet?

The included note stated they would ship May 20th but even accounting for statue industry 'norms' it's been 2 months.

I did. I had to send it back to get it touched up. The paint up on the glove was atrocious.

Anyone receive their Elvira hand with personalized note yet?

The included note stated they would ship May 20th but even accounting for statue industry 'norms' it's been 2 months.

No, I have not received the hand. I did email them and received the same message I have over the last long while. It's coming... blah, blah. I can assure you I have not been happy with their service and unfortunately will not order from them again. :(

I'm sorry to hear you guys are having problems, that seems very uncharacteristic of them. I contacted them about the MP Catwoman statue not too long ago and I thought their customer service was amazing.

BG that is strange indeed. I get a reply within a few hours. you definitely should have received it a long time ago. I think they saw issues and are probably trying to correct it.

No, I have not received the hand. I did email them and received the same message I have over the last long while. It's coming... blah, blah. I can assure you I have not been happy with their service and unfortunately will not order from them again. :(

Thanks for the replies, all. I emailed Debbie and got a reply within a couple hours stating that they were in process still. Something about it being a bigger job than anticipated.

Back