Statue Tweeterhead DKR Batman maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Tweeterhead DKR Batman statue

I ordered the muddy version this morning. Website says it stands 20" tall. With that small of a base the figure must be bigger than 1/6 scale. 20" is huge and would tower over a 1/6 scale figure.

I ordered the muddy version this morning. Website says it stands 20" tall. With that small of a base the figure must be bigger than 1/6 scale. 20" is huge and would tower over a 1/6 scale figure.

He's 12.28 inches tall from bottom of base to top of ears (info direct from TH/JWP facebook live stream). Not sure where on the website it says 20", but if it does, it's wrong.

The only think killing it for me now is the $75 flat rate shipping to CA.... seems like a lot for something not all that large.

I pay less from Weta on things as large or larger shipping from their west coast warehouse, in Oregon I think.

He's 12.28 inches tall from bottom of base to top of ears (info direct from TH/JWP facebook live stream). Not sure where on the website it says 20", but if it does, it's wrong.

Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 8.45.29 PM.jpg

12 inch tall is 1/6 scale which is what all Tweeterhead DC is, if you didn't know.

But most of Tweeterhead's bases have been large and a big part of the sculpt and I thought maybe this new line of DC statues was a bit bigger. That 20" really ****ed me up.

But most of Tweeterhead's bases have been large and a big part of the sculpt and I thought maybe this new line of DC statues was a bit bigger. That 20" really ****ed me up.

I see. Yeah, they are keeping the 1/6 scale but making the bases small and simple to keep costs down so the line is more collectible and displayable.

The only think killing it for me now is the $75 flat rate shipping to CA.... seems like a lot for something not all that large.

I pay less from Weta on things as large or larger shipping from their west coast warehouse, in Oregon I think.

There's another option, I thought it was $75 too, but above that there's the Ground (UPS) option, it's $17.58 for me. With tax and that shipping it would come to $273.14 for me in California.

He's also not standing straight up, so if he's ~12" tall from base to ears, he's still a tall 1/6 figure.

Well I had decided on the DC Designer Series Batman statue by Frank Miller to represent my TDKR fandom in statue form, but then I stumbled upon this statue this morning! It looks amazing (especially the muddy version)!

I've been tempted by some of their other recent maquettes but have never bought one, so how are these things? Do people like them? Is the quality high? Do the production statues come out looking like the prototypes?

And it seems like the "normal retail edition" will be available from Sideshow and other retailers, but the exclusive version and the muddy version will only be available from Tweeterhead.com? Do I have that right? I ask because the description of the muddy version says "ONLY AVAILABLE at Tweeterhead.com" but the exclusive version doesn't.

Just imagine if Sideshow used their 1/4 license to produce amazing statues like this. Lee, Miller, Fabok, Adams etc instead of their own interpretations no one asks for.

exactly!!

Ordered the Muddy EX!! I don't collect much in the 1/6 scale category but this was perfection!

BTW they have a ups ground option to CA for $17.50

Saw this this morning and has my heart pumping to pre-order the muddy version.
Only thing now is the $125 shipping fee to swallow.
Tried putting both versions to see if shipping fee will put 2 statues into better rates but it just simply doubles :gah:

Back