Statue Tweeterhead Darkseid maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is looking awesome. Any word on price and when itll be up for preorder?

PO and price next week.

49430642993_3b9c8d5282_b.jpg

I think Darkseid looks great...

I think TH did a great job on the statues in this line but for me, the museum poses are a bit boring to look at after a while and TH seems to be reusing some of the poses with multiple characters with some slight differences but when you have a display case full of expensive statues you want them to capture your eye everytime you walk by them, i'm just not getting that with this line...

This is 100% just a matter of personal preference... That said, TH Joker is still the best-looking Joker at any scale :)

I think Darkseid looks great...

I think TH did a great job on the statues in this line but for me, the museum poses are a bit boring to look at after a while and TH seems to be reusing some of the poses with multiple characters with some slight differences but when you have a display case full of expensive statues you want them to capture your eye everytime you walk by them, i'm just not getting that with this line...

This is 100% just a matter of personal preference... That said, TH Joker is still the best-looking Joker at any scale :)

The problem with action poses is that you can't fit many on a shelf. That said, wait till you see Poison Ivy, Zatanna, Riddler, and Scarecrow

The problem with action poses is that you can't fit many on a shelf. That said, wait till you see Poison Ivy, Zatanna, Riddler, and Scarecrow

Depends on how they do the pose, right now the museum pose Batman takes up a lot of room with the way the cape is blowing outward, ditto with Supes... They don't have to be full-on action poses but right now you have like several statues with the captain morgan pose, 3 statues flying with the outreached hand pose, it really becomes obvious when you put them all on the same shelf... but it sounds like Chad has a solution for it so I can't wait to see the new stuff...

From FB yesterday:

"We listened to your comments loud and clear and made the shoulder armor removable!! Full Gallery and details coming tomorrow and pre-sale begins Thursday morning.

Limited to 250 EX with swap out portraits."

CsMS3y0.jpg

FB tonight:

Here he is!!! It's been a while since our last pre-order and this is a great way to start the new year! Our Super Powers Darkseid Maquette goes on pre-sale this Thursday, Jan 30th. He is a whopping 21 inches tall and is the beginning of our NEW GODS subset of Maquettes. He is limited to only 250 EX pieces.

The Tweeterhead Exclusive will include two portraits and the removable Shoulder armor. The regular edition will include the shoulder armor and ONLY the portrait showing the teeth.

Darkseid will retail for $399.99. The most expensive piece we will be doing in our Super Powers Collection...but he is a mass of a Maquette, so I know you will understand why when you get him.

Darkseid was sculpted by the amazing Paul Harding, Mold and Cast by Mike Allen and paint and photography by David Fisher.

I guess it's not going up today either.

Hey Folks,

I?m going to do a live video addressing all this later today, but wanted to post an update here as well. We quickly discovered some issues with the Darkseid pre-orer this morning and are going to fix it ASAP!

Needless to say, I wasn't expecting to wake up this morning to about 11 Darkseid sales and immediately came here to see what was the issue was.

1. Shipping: Although Shipping costs have gone up, $86 to anyone for a 20x20x25 box that is 25lbs is CRAZY! The problem was on our end. Our back office uses our UPS account to determine shipping costs and since it's been since Sept that we put anything on pre-order...our UPS acct wasn't linking up because of a password change. For the folks who were charged $85 or MORE...I did a few tests and you should have been charged around $59-$65 for UPS ground. I don't charge any extra for handling...so you are paying the exact same amount as I'm getting billed for.

2. Pricing: NO ONE, not a single distributor or store will ever sell any TH product for $1 less than out EX on our site from now on. Going forward, no one will be able to discount a TH item without written permission from me. Why in the world would I ever want you to purchase something day one for what amounts to over $100 in savings! There was an error with Spec Fiction today, please don't get me wrong, I think Todd is AWESOME...but looking at how this completely pulled the rug out from under our EX release is pretty major and eye opening.

3: EX pricing. Unless I'm wrong, I've always kept the EX the same price as the regular edition. This will always be the case with TH EX.

The bottom line, is I'm trying to do my best to get you guys the best price on my pieces. Between the shipping (no mark up) and the EX, I'm hoping you guys will purchase from me first...

This is how we're going to fix this Darkseid issue...Vicky is refunding all the purchases from today (around 20) and we are relaunching Darkseid next TUESDAY, Feb 4th. I hope you guys will be part of this relaunch pre-order and understand that the shipping error was on us.

Thanks to everyone here for always keeping me informed on whats going on. SO SORRY for this hiccup!!!

Seems odd that SSC has had this up for PO for a while now but the company's website doesn't yet. I know they had some issues, but.

Back