Tweeterhead BATGIRL Maquette Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered this fine statue of Yvonne Craig and I know she would've been proud to see how great it came out. May she rest in peace. I know I'm just reaching but if SS does her too, I would be only so happy to buy.

Hope they do her in 1/4 scale!!! Day 1 preorder for sure. She was my 2nd crush after Newmar.

I ordered this maquette from Alter Ego Comics last year (my first order with them). It was delivered last week, but I noticed the left corner of the base had a big chip in it. I e-mailed a picture of the damage to the store and was told they would pass it along to Sideshow. A week later, I got a message on my answering machine asking that I call the store.

The woman told me they heard back from Sideshow, but they couldn't do anything since the item came from a different supplier. I was under the impression that Sideshow was the primary distributer for Tweeterhead, so that seemed strange. Then she claimed Sideshow was offering a $20 credit if I wanted to keep the damaged item. I told her that wasn't acceptable, so she said something about getting the maquette from a different supplier and that she would contact Sideshow again about a return label.
Well, I shipped the maquette back to Sideshow. Alter Ego told me they would send out a replacement once it was delivered. Five days after tracking showed Sideshow accepted the package, I sent a follow-up to Alter Ego. They replied to tell me that Sideshow hadn't informed them they received my return, but they would go ahead and issue a refund. No mention of a replacement.

I wrote back asking what was happening, but was told Alter Ego recharges whenever the replacement ships. As another Batgirl maquette was already in their store, I figured I'd get the replacement in a few days. Two weeks went by and nothing showed up, so I sent another follow-up. Alter Ego told me they STILL hadn't heard from Sideshow, but would go ahead and send the replacement out via priority mail. It showed up today and I was annoyed to discover the statue has no label/certificate on the bottom of the base like the first one did -- and no foam dots to keep the rough surface from scratching my shelf. I know this type of stuff is out of Alter Ego's control, but I do wish I had ordered elsewhere at this point. After about a dozen back and forth e-mails and nearly a month of waiting for the replacement to arrive, I now have to start the return process a second time. Pretty frustrating, Tweeterhead.

Hope they do her in 1/4 scale!!! Day 1 preorder for sure. She was my 2nd crush after Newmar.

Yeah, I hope SS does her too in 1/4 scale. She was so cute doing those front kicks on the show. I saw her in person and got her autograph on 2 items 15 years ago in a show in Jersey when I used to live up north. I could not believe how tiny she was. She was like 5'2" or 5'3" but such a beautiful lady. I said to myself, this was Batgirl, but she's so little. Lol. And she had such a nice autograph and didn't care for personalizing it. Adam West only likes to personalize and gets an attitude for all of us that don't want our names on autographed pictures.

Well, I shipped the maquette back to Sideshow. Alter Ego told me they would send out a replacement once it was delivered. Five days after tracking showed Sideshow accepted the package, I sent a follow-up to Alter Ego. They replied to tell me that Sideshow hadn't informed them they received my return, but they would go ahead and issue a refund. No mention of a replacement.

I wrote back asking what was happening, but was told Alter Ego recharges whenever the replacement ships. As another Batgirl maquette was already in their store, I figured I'd get the replacement in a few days. Two weeks went by and nothing showed up, so I sent another follow-up. Alter Ego told me they STILL hadn't heard from Sideshow, but would go ahead and send the replacement out via priority mail. It showed up today and I was annoyed to discover the statue has no label/certificate on the bottom of the base like the first one did -- and no foam dots to keep the rough surface from scratching my shelf. I know this type of stuff is out of Alter Ego's control, but I do wish I had ordered elsewhere at this point. After about a dozen back and forth e-mails and nearly a month of waiting for the replacement to arrive, I now have to start the return process a second time. Pretty frustrating, Tweeterhead.

My God, that sounds like a total nightmare to say the least. I usually order just SS statues from Alterego. I just bought a Tweeterhead Batman (Adam West) from EBay and I'm so glad it was problem free.

My God, that sounds like a total nightmare to say the least. I usually order just SS statues from Alterego. I just bought a Tweeterhead Batman (Adam West) from EBay and I'm so glad it was problem free.
Yeah, if I can't get a second replacement through Alter Ego (doubtful at this point), I'll just scope out eBay and hopefully find a listing that includes pictures of the exact item I'm receiving. I don't want to strike out a third time.

Apart from the missing label and foam pads, the mask on this replacement Batgirl doesn't fit as well as the first one did. It nearly obscures the top of the eyes and doesn't even make contact with the bridge of the nose, which creates an ugly shadow on the face. The one with the chipped base that I sent back to Sideshow looked better.

Yeah, if I can't get a second replacement through Alter Ego (doubtful at this point), I'll just scope out eBay and hopefully find a listing that includes pictures of the exact item I'm receiving. I don't want to strike out a third time.

Apart from the missing label and foam pads, the mask on this replacement Batgirl doesn't fit as well as the first one did. It nearly obscures the top of the eyes and doesn't even make contact with the bridge of the nose, which creates an ugly shadow on the face. The one with the chipped base that I sent back to Sideshow looked better.

SS usually directs the people to destroy the defective statue and all relevant parts, but I guess that since it's not a SS piece, they want it back so they can send it back to Tweeterhead for credit. I'm really shocked you got 2 lemons when their statues are very nicely crafted and painted so well. I'm getting my Batgirl in a few months cause it's on a flex pay plan, but I will examine mine very carefully for problems. I hope yours get sorted out to your satisfaction, cause that's last thing you want to think about when getting these statues.

Yeah, I hope SS does her too in 1/4 scale. She was so cute doing those front kicks on the show. I saw her in person and got her autograph on 2 items 15 years ago in a show in Jersey when I used to live up north. I could not believe how tiny she was. She was like 5'2" or 5'3" but such a beautiful lady. I said to myself, this was Batgirl, but she's so little. Lol. And she had such a nice autograph and didn't care for personalizing it. Adam West only likes to personalize and gets an attitude for all of us that don't want our names on autographed pictures.

I envy you my friend. So glad you were able to meet her and get her autograph. 5'2" wow! Tiny. Shame West gets annoyed that you do not want it personalized. I would not want it that way. Your paying for it so why should he care.

Glad my exclusive came direct from tweeterhead with no issues.

Has anyone (who ordered direct from Tweeterhead) received the certificate and lithograph?

Has anyone (who ordered direct from Tweeterhead) received the certificate and lithograph?

Hey jcm3, I was wondering that a few days ago and Tweeterhead on their Facebook page said that those certificates are going out early this week so we should have them this week I would think, hopefully!

Update from Tweeterhead....

Shipping Update:
We are about half way through with shipping the Elvira scrolls and Batgirl Extras. Should have everything shipped early next week!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

13512102_1126248524103653_6663555446947636475_n.jpg

Ordered mine through SS but I'm not getting any extras. :( I'll order next time direct from Tweeterhead to get the extra goodies. :) I already had an 8x10 photo and her 1967 debut comic that she had signed for me years ago.

Ordered mine through SS but I'm not getting any extras. :( I'll order next time direct from Tweeterhead to get the extra goodies. :) I already had an 8x10 photo and her 1967 debut comic that she had signed for me years ago.

The extras not worth it. Very disappointed in the pamphlet. Great pictures of Yvonne and can't display them all together. Should have been individual pictures or one sided poster. Real let down. Unless killer Exclusive for Romero Joker, going through Sideshow. No reason to give tweeterhead half of the money upfront.

Update from Tweeterhead....

Shipping Update:
We are about half way through with shipping the Elvira scrolls and Batgirl Extras. Should have everything shipped early next week!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

View attachment 272489

Batgirl extra is weak. Should have made pictures into one poster vs an unfriendly collector displayed piece. I opened it up and was like WTH?!?!

The extras not worth it. Very disappointed in the pamphlet. Great pictures of Yvonne and can't display them all together. Should have been individual pictures or one sided poster. Real let down. Unless killer Exclusive for Romero Joker, going through Sideshow. No reason to give tweeterhead half of the money upfront.

I'm surprised Tweeterhead didn't off theirs from their site with a signed 8x10 of Yvonne Craig. She had a very beautiful autograph and she only had recently died.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    746.7 KB · Views: 68
I'm surprised Tweeterhead didn't off theirs from their site with a signed 8x10 of Yvonne Craig. She had a very beautiful autograph and she only had recently died.

I would have been happy with a copy of that picture with her autograph. If Romero Joker doesn't have anything good offered with it, I will just go through Sideshow and put 22.00 nrd vs half down through tweeterhead.

Back