True Detective

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^that sounds like a repeat of this season basically. Love to see Bryan Cranston signed up for a detective on a future season.

Yea, alot of similarities. Marty loses his wife, has a crazy rambling partner who was undercover in a cult, and than the cult target's Marty's own kid.(probably)

Also heres a creepy Spoiler image I found from tonight's episode.

Spoiler Spoiler:

All season I have been prepared for Rust to meet his maker by the end of this whole ordeal. I am beginning to think it will be Marty that won't make it now. He just seems to oblivious to everything that is happening around him. He does not know who he is or what was important in his life. He will come to realize that he ruined everything good in his life but it will be too late then. His name is Marty Heart (Hart) a Hart is a stag which has antlers. His first name Marty is also very close to Martyr (a friend pointed this out)... Symbolism? Coincidence? Just some thoughts before the episode tonight. Can't wait!! I love the show a lot, but I love all of the predictions and discussions each week even more.

I love the show a lot, but I love all of the predictions and discussions each week even more.

Absolutely. This is a show that needs that week long break between episodes to really let things stew in your brain. I think you'd lose some (maybe a lot) of the impact by binge watching it.

“I contemplate the moment in the garden, the idea of allowing your own crucifixion.” + the opening credits make me think Rusts going to end up on a burning cross before it's said and done.

I also think he's been brainwashed or something while he was in the institution. I think he may have involved his own daughter somehow with the cult at some point and that's how she wound up dead and everything that's happened since has been about revenge and him slowly remembering everything that happened which is also how he's in a position to know so much.

At this point I'm thinking Marty's Father In-Law (Maggie's dad) is the Yellow King and he's the one who's targeting Marty's daughters.

I don't think the Lawnmower Man is the Spagetti Monster or the Giant, it's also strange that the other preacher (not Tuttle) had a John Deer mug and I think they're connected somehow.

I'm sure alot of that will change again tonight tho. :lol

At this point I'm thinking Marty's Father In-Law (Maggie's dad) is the Yellow King and he's the one who's targeting Marty's daughters.

Absolutely!! Not sure about him being Yellow King but he has to be the one who abused the older daughter.

I think Rust being in a cult or a part of this whole thing is just too obvious. I really hope that is not the direction they go with.

I picked up the book A King In Yellow and most of the short stories have the Yellow King referenced in it. Would be neat to see the show rebooted each year but have Yellow King references in them. The writer said recently that he is open to using Woody and Matt again but I hope he was blowing smoke and takes the reboot approach each year. HBO still has not renewed it despite pulling in 10 million each week. Looking got renewed this week and it only pulls in 500 thousand each week. I want my TD renewal now!!!

I agree it's too obvious to have Rust or Marty be the Yellow King.

But Rust is pretty messed up, he's seen something. Something way worse than the murdered, mutilated bodies he investigates, so what was it?

What happened to his daughter? Why does he have so much guilt and what's he trying to redeem himself over? Why does he still hallucinate so often? (drug flashbacks aren't usually that constant)

Absolutely!! Not sure about him being Yellow King but he has to be the one who abused the older daughter.

I think Rust being in a cult or a part of this whole thing is just too obvious. I really hope that is not the direction they go with.

I picked up the book A King In Yellow and most of the short stories have the Yellow King referenced in it. Would be neat to see the show rebooted each year but have Yellow King references in them. The writer said recently that he is open to using Woody and Matt again but I hope he was blowing smoke and takes the reboot approach each year. HBO still has not renewed it despite pulling in 10 million each week. Looking got renewed this week and it only pulls in 500 thousand each week. I want my TD renewal now!!!

I would imagine one reason may be that this show is much more expensive to produce, given the big name talent in front of the camera. I would be willing to bet we will at least see a season 2 tough.

Maybe they want to make sure they can write a story that lives upto this one before they start slapping stickers on lunchboxes and cast giant talent.

Rust has seen something, which is why he talks the way he does about things. He saw it while he was doing drugs in an altered state of conciousness much like a shaman would do. Wouldn't surprise me if Marty's daughter ends up being in the cult and striking the final blow on him like in Sinister. Cops either end up thinking in was Rust that killed him or Rust disappears altogether leaving us to wonder what happens to him.

I heard rumblings of Christian Bale and Denzel for S2.

Now that would be EPIC!!

make-it-so-captain.jpg

Ya those two would be great, going to be tough to live up to this season though

That's what I've been saying for the past couple of weeks. The writing and acting have been so amazing this season that the odds of next season being better are slim.

That's not a rumbling, it's a seismic ****ing event if true.

Truth. That is such an amazing pairing that it's almost too good to be true.

Woo hoo...!! 5...4...3...2...1...Its on!

Edit: it was good tonight. I knew the
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Hating that next week will be the end with MM & WH................I would love a season 2 with them though I feel a whole other season of them might feel a bit stretched out. Now 2 or 3 more episodes could be done. The preview to the ending looks epic.

Feel like they didn't answer to much

How are they going to cram all that remains in 60 minutes

They answered quite a bit imo. We know alot about Tuttle and the Childress family's involvement now and about who is the Spaggetti Monster. Marty seems to be back on a righteous path for the first time in a long time and looks like he could redeem himself. Neither Rust nor Marty is the Yellow King. And I still think Maggie may have some part in all of this.

Woo hoo...!! 5...4...3...2...1...Its on!

Edit: it was good tonight. I knew the
Spoiler Spoiler:

Same guy from the earlier episode at the school?

Did he have a beard then?

That scene with the old lady really creeped me the **** out.

I can't even imagine how this whole thing is going to pay off. This has been 7 of the most incredible and engrossing hours of television I've ever seen.

Back