True Detective

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the first season was amazing. The second was excellent as well, but it just had a very tough act to follow.
This looks cool.

Wow, I thought the third season was still in development hell. Had no idea they actually had cast anyone, much less filmed anything.

First episode of season 3 finished, just about to watch the second on TV (not in HD but whatever).

I can tell it's already a return to form with a compelling murder mystery and giving off season 1 vibes.

Saw it last night.
Loved it.

It goes back to the vibe of the first season, very mysterious and with hints of the occult.
There's a lot of little details here and there that will probably make it great for repeat watching. I liked the reference to Lovecraft's Leng Plateau in the kid's room.

Saw it last night.
Loved it.

It goes back to the vibe of the first season, very mysterious and with hints of the occult.
There's a lot of little details here and there that will probably make it great for repeat watching. I liked the reference to Lovecraft's Leng Plateau in the kid's room.

It was terrific. So happy this series is back and that its Lovecraftian trappings are beginning to be deciphered. Leng Plateau may actually be the locale in Antarctica where the city of the Elder Things was discovered by William Dyer and his expedition in Lovecraft's "At The Mountains of Madness." Dyer was the narrator and only survivor of the expedition that found that accursed city in Lovecraft's classic story. Here in TD, it seems like Wayne Hays will be our William Dyer guiding us into the existential horrors that await us from the disappearance of the Purcell children.

Enjoyed it, seems similar to S1. S2 is still the better for me, maybe this will change that.

Back